搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF有可能改善嗎?
發新帖
查看: 7356|回覆: 5
go

ESF有可能改善嗎? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-4-5 07:29 |顯示全部帖子
I am not sure about the information provided above is correct or not, as I still searching where I can find these results. But I think this is why EsF is moving to use IB, at least for a better international standard to cope with other:

http://www.esf.edu.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=1040&langNo=1

ESF has traditionally taught the National Curriculum of England and Wales, adapted to the Hong Kong context. We used standardised assessments from Year 1 in order to measure progress and added value objectively. Schools are now moving to an overtly enquiry-based, investigative style of teaching and learning. Accordingly, primary schools are moving to the International Baccalaureate Organisation’s Primary Years Programme (PYP).

At secondary level, we continue with the adapted National Curriculum of England and Wales in Years 7 to 9, and then take GCSE and IGCSE courses. Renaissance and Discovery Colleges offer the IBO’s Middle Years Programme (MYP). At post-16, the majority of students follow the IB Diploma programme.  At all levels, we seek to differentiate the curriculum to cater for students with learning difficulties, including at post-16, where we have introduced a four pathway model, the ESF Diploma.

2#
發表於 09-4-5 12:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 阿胡 於 09-4-5 09:58 發表
採用IB, 肯定對學生入讀美國大學有利. 但從過去多年來同HKIS, CIS和ESF家長的交流, 及我自己孩子的第一手經驗, ESF長期對入讀美國大學確實是相對莫視. 一些家長甚至用"學校不聞不問, 讓學生自生自滅"的極端字語來描 ...

This is link to IB school in HK only, any result to share as you mentioned? How old is your kid now? Where is he studying now?

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-4-5 12:41 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 09-4-5 15:45 |顯示全部帖子

Ar I think I saw some of these links too. Which school your kid is studying now?

4#
發表於 09-4-5 22:01 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Mighty 於 09-4-5 19:59 發表
亜胡、我是ESF家長、従1開始我完全没有想過要入讀美学大学、我是「英.AUS。」派才選択ESF的。  所以在這方面我不覚得需要ESF改善、其他想改善的地方、当然非常多。  如果要入讀美国大学、我覚得不応選択ESF.  我 ...

Haha, I like this. Yes, US should sign the Kyoto Protocol, just like what the Australia Government did when Kevin Rudd is on board. Obama pls do something!

And yes, I also plan to send my kid to UK since she has UK passport (but who knows after 13 years), but is it cheaper to study in UK university if one is an UK citizen?

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-4-5 22:03 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 09-4-6 10:51 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Mighty 於 09-4-6 10:13 發表
SORRY,亜胡是指在APPLICATION PROCEDURE的問題、或是成績方面?  CIS的学費可同ESF相提並論嗎? 我的2個大女児、一個去了UNIVERSITY OF WALES、一個去了CAMBRIDE、都OK啦。 当然大部分都是自己的努力、ESF的EDUCATION都另她們很独立。  如説話離題了、対不起、我没有再重看之前幾位的回覆 ...

You must be proud of your daughters and you have put many effort on them too, well done! We still have long way to go!

6#
發表於 09-4-7 00:04 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 阿胡 於 09-4-6 21:25 發表

謝謝你. 事實上, 我正在ESF學校讀書的幾個孩子還小.

十來年, ESF在college counseling方面, 改善不多. 今年剛剛過去的入學申請, 連最起碼的介紹給學生要如何寫一篇好的essay, 都不去做, 真是令人唏嘘. 結果當然 ...

So is this concluded that we should switch our kid from ESF to CIS or HKIS?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖