搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Transfer to Norwegian International School
發新帖
查看: 5997|回覆: 1
go

Transfer to Norwegian International School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-4-24 10:56 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Suzanne, while as oooray suggested that you are the best person who is qualified to decide which school to choose, I do understand your urge to ask here and there tring to find out the best school for your child.  I saw your other thread on CAIS as well.  I had been to CAIS and NIS before.  NIS - that was a few years ago when I prepared my child's primary education.  I declined this school because I found it a bit too religious for me.  But having said that, I found the school staff and teachers nice and caring for the kids.  I viewed one of the lessons too (talking about bible stores).  Kids were happy and attentive and the 'setting' of the classroom was cozy.  If you are looking for personal attention for your child, I am sure this school is one of the best.  One of its drawbacks of having no secondary school has also been solved now.  

I chatted with another parent in a different site.  Her son has learning difficulties.  Although her son had been going to SJS for a while, the cookie cutting approach did not benefit her son at all.  After she transferred her son to NIS, she could tell right away that she has chosen the right school for her.  Again this proves you that NIS is a school that can provide personal attention to children.

CAIS - my child joined the ELC's 5-day day camp and the camp site was in this school.  To be honest, the school looks a bit scruffy and unclean to me.  I do not mean that will affect the quality of education but as their school fees are not cheap so I expected a better environment than that.  But this is all I can say about CAIS.

I think you can make a list of good and bad points on both school because that will help you in making your decision, instead of just thinking aloud.  

Last but not least, you mentioned that you are being unlucky because your child has got the worst teacher but do bear in mind that that can happen in anywhere in any school.

Good luck with your choice.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

2#
發表於 09-4-24 13:52 |顯示全部帖子
If that is the case, definitely you shld talk to the Prinicipal of NIS, I am quite sure that they can accommodate children with learning difficulties.

Good luck.

P.S.  But i douibt if their school bus service covers your idea.. but i m sure u hv checked.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題