教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Contingency plan
發新帖
查看: 3954|回覆: 8
go

Contingency plan [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-5-7 10:16 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 tvoincy 於 09-5-7 09:49 發表

Yes, but I'm worry the other IS is much more diffcult to get in than ESF.

At least some of other IS do not categorize applicants into Cat. 1 and Cat. 2 as ESF and Cat. 2 applicants without any priorities (ESF kinda, siblings...) are always at end of the queue. It is the rule of the ESF game.
Worrying of choosing which offer is much much better than worry of no offer. Right?
So, spending more application fee is the only way out.

2#
發表於 09-5-9 11:53 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-9 10:26 發表

As RC & DC are ESF PIS (Private Independent School) so they don't need to follow what normal ESF school (as they got annual subsidy from Gov't while PIS is only one off at the beginning) so they don ...

Dear popolung, I must correct u that eventhough no Cat 1/Cat 2 categorization is applied in RC & DC, they do have their own priorties.
Parents who applied DC should receive such information by email in Oct 08 regarding priority for interview: DC siblings/ESL kindergarten students/Returning Students[Overseas]/Children of former DC students(An two years old school have former students with children eligible to apply Year 1 this year??? amazing...) Not every Year 1 applicant has been granted an interview by DC up to this moment.
For RC, it seems they interviewed all applicants in the first round.
However, If more and more parents apply RC next year, will the same interview priority as DC apply in RC as well?
My conclusion is that the combo of ESF Central Application + RC + DC is not too " safe" unless you are a student from ESF kindergarten.
To play safe, Non-ESF kindergarten students should apply a few more IS even though ESF schools are their primary target.

3#
發表於 09-5-11 13:57 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-11 13:25 發表

I have to state clearly that I am not spreading any rumor. Just both ESF & PIS has a little bit different admission criteria, so this is why they have setup PIS. I am just telling what I know from m ...

Popolung. Probably, your speech was not precise and concise enough.
I would said that is not a rumor. That is "false information".
Parents thinking of dual applications should go to the link:
http://www.esf.edu.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=1039&langno=1

According to the website, dual applications to ESF school and PIS are allowed.

4#
發表於 09-5-13 00:10 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-12 23:28 發表

No No. Of course you can make dual application. What I mean is: "rumor" (as no one said in B&W, but someone in our kinder told me) said that if you have applied PIS, other ESF will not take your kid ...

So, what is your conclusion?
1. U didn't believe such rumor and u made dual application and then end up u got offer from both. So, rumor is just a rumor.
2. But through your "personal experience" and "somebody" (of course details cannot be disclosed, right?) in Abacus told u something (not in B&W). So, the rumor is not a rumor.
Contradictory???
Your statement is not spreading but mutating the rumor unintentionally.
Sorry for being directed but I have to point out something that was "confusing" (at least I felt).
Elaboration is welcome.

5#
發表於 09-5-13 13:30 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-13 00:42 發表

1. I didn't know such rumor in advance, so I made dual application just to play safe. After I have made dual applications, some "insider" told me about this rumor, and I was terrified until I got bo ...

Your conclusion is now clear.
I feel sorry to see some quarrels with other parents. If you could mention which were your personal feelings/experience and which were your viewpoints, less quarrels and more fun.

6#
發表於 09-5-14 09:42 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-14 01:46 發表

Never mind, it happens. As long as we can help other parents, I can live with this. Somehow no matter how clear you can say, someone may come and accuse.

And more important is that rumor is like A ...

everybody will defend their faith and will sometimes get stubborn, including u and me. What i can do is reminding myself try not to be subjective and provide false information during discussion.
We do make mistakes and we will be making mistakes.
Practice makes perfect. Right?

7#
發表於 09-5-14 11:27 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Onsen 於 09-5-14 10:23 發表
I try to figure out why some parents were really uptighted and get offended when someone mentioning about the admission eligibility to ESF regular and PIS schools.  Are those parents the one who got t ...

Onsen, I do agree with you.
If parents are proud of their children and their schools, why still concern and compare the admission eligibility?

8#
發表於 09-5-14 13:41 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-14 13:07 發表

I have went via admission processes of both normal ESF & PIS, with certain difficulties this year, so I have some understanding too. Parents normally like to tell others that they have get in a good ...

Yes. We were on the same boat experiencing difficulties throughout the admission process.
I know some parents are very nervous today coz they only apply normal ESF (no backup choice) due to insufficent/misleading information (try not to use the word "rumor" right?).
We share because we hope other parents can play the admission game wisely. Right?

9#
發表於 09-5-18 12:22 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Annie123 於 09-5-18 11:27 發表
All I have been expecting is that parents would post messages with responsibilities.

When posting messages with personal views, do share whatever you want to share. You can judge a school or even jud ...

Dear Annie123,
Thanks for your sharing.
I think the best way to defense false information is keep providing correct information, if you think you are still the one who can contribute here.
Maybe you are an idealist. Don't expect too much in an internet forum.
Even in the real world, Our Pious, Catholic,  Chief Executive Donald Tsang could open his eyes and tell lies that he can present majority of Hong Kong citizens.
What can we do? Emmigrate to somewhere?? or keep shouting he was wrong?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題