教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Contingency plan
發新帖
查看: 3958|回覆: 13
go

Contingency plan [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-5-9 10:26 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Onsen 於 09-5-7 17:23 發表
Make sure that you also apply for RC and DC, in addition to ESF regular schools.  I didn't.  But come to think of it, I should have done that.  I heard from a kindergarten that all their students got  ...

As RC & DC are ESF PIS (Private Independent School) so they don't need to follow what normal ESF school (as they got annual subsidy from Gov't while PIS is only one off at the beginning) so they don't have Cat 1 / Cat 2 requirement. So most students will have a chance for interview (if they meet requirement) once they apply. For normal ESF, they will need to interview and accept Cat 1 first, then Cat 2, so Cat 2 students normally will have lower chances, or may finally get in an ESF not in their area like this year. So apply both ESF & ESF PIS is the right strategy. Rumor said if you apply PIS you will have no chance for normal ESF, but I can tell it is not correct.

2#
發表於 09-5-11 13:25 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 almom 於 09-5-9 17:25 發表

Why are you still so obsessed with spreading rumors. Rumors and rumors and it is really no help spreading them around.
So, let it go. OK?
I have friends who have applied to both ESF and an PIS and h ...

I have to state clearly that I am not spreading any rumor. Just both ESF & PIS has a little bit different admission criteria, so this is why they have setup PIS. I am just telling what I know from my experience of what I faced and ESF staff told me this year when I go via all the tough task of Y1 admission. If you think there is mistake please point it out, not need to be annoying. And once again, I think all ESF school are good one, no matter they are PIS or not. RC & DC is good as they teach IB since day 1, and then other ESF is following now.

And have chance of interview doesn't mean anything, whether you can get in RC / DC or not still depends on your kid talent. I want to say I actually hate the Cat system in normal ESF, so some students in Cat 2 will only have chance to interview in 2nd round. So what PIS is using now is much fair to everyone who apply. This is the fact, as I have many Cat 2 ESF student (according to normal ESF) has interview in first round in RC this year, including my daughter and her classmate. While we are all waiting for the 2nd round in ESF.

It is "lucky" that I am not living in Shatin so I "only" think RC is too far away for me, otherwise I will have big headache between choosing RC & other ESF as I think RC course structure is very good.  

And even someone said I post too many ESF news, I will say it is among one of the best. And I care about ESF too. Pls don't mis-understand.

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-5-11 13:35 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 09-5-12 23:28 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-11 13:57 發表

Popolung. Probably, your speech was not precise and concise enough.
I would said that is not a rumor. That is "false information".
Parents thinking of dual applications should go to the link:
http:// ...

No No. Of course you can make dual application. What I mean is: "rumor" (as no one said in B&W, but someone in our kinder told me) said that if you have applied PIS, other ESF will not take your kid. But I am the one who don't believed this rumor, and try, and finally my kid admit by both ESF School & ESF PIS. So to play safe when you are not able to know where you will end up in, one should apply to both ESF & ESF PIS. That is it. Both ESF & ESF PIS are good schools.

4#
發表於 09-5-12 23:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 almom 於 09-5-11 14:59 發表

You are still obsessed, aren't you?

It has never been a war, if there has been any, at all between RC and ESF.
It has always been in YOUR mind only.
The problem is you have been spreading wrong inf ...

Please tell me accurately what kind of wrong information I am spreading, and if I have, I will apologize. Otherwise, please stop accusing me here.

I know you like RC, and as a big family of ESF, I treated all ESF school are good one, no more no less. But their admission requirement are actually a bit different. This year, this case is even more clear. You may know all kind of insider info of RC as an existing RC parents, but you will not know what happend this year for Y1 admission, unless you are a K2 parents like me, and I have talked to many staff in RC, CWBS & ESF center. I want to share some experiences, so by luck if K1 parents can see here, they will not follow what I have been doing wrong this year.

Hope this can answer your question why you think I am obsessed. But I guess you are actually obsessed by the goodies of RC, and that is not a bad thing. I said again, if I lived closer to RC, I may take RC instead of CWBS, that is it.

5#
發表於 09-5-13 00:42 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-13 00:10 發表

So, what is your conclusion?
1. U didn't believe such rumor and u made dual application and then end up u got offer from both. So, rumor is just a rumor.
2. But through your "personal experience" and "somebody" (of course details cannot be disclosed, right?) in Abacus told u something (not in B&W). So, the rumor is not a rumor.
Contradictory???
Your statement is not spreading but mutating the rumor unintentionally.
Sorry for being directed but I have to point out something that was "confusing" (at least I felt).

1. I didn't know such rumor in advance, so I made dual application just to play safe. After I have made dual applications, some "insider" told me about this rumor, and I was terrified until I got both offer. So yes, rumor is a rumor, but you will never know unless you can prove it, or someone can prove it.

2. Whoever and wherever is the insider doesn't matter anymore, as rumor is not correct anyway.

So like other said, daul applications is a good strategy. I do see some Cat 2 parents only apply for normal ESF but not PIS, and end up is even much terrified as they don't have any interview until Mar or Apr.

I hope this clarify my post, and I insist on this as I am trying to tell a fact only, and trying to share personal experience only.

6#
發表於 09-5-13 00:53 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Annie123 於 09-5-13 00:35 發表
Popolung,

You are missing the point. It is not about which school is better or which school I like more.

If something is a rumor, just do not spread it. Period.

Like you said, you also believe that ...

You know this is a rumor that is spreading around in ESF, at least in my kinder. I am trying to tell this out so other parents are aware, and they will know it is not true. Traditional mindset may think we should not talk about things which is not correct, but what's wrong is it? If you are parents like me, when someone told you not to make dual applications otherwise this or that will happen, without come across with this post, what will you do? Make only 1 application and finally no interview? Who will suffer?

Think as if you are a 2009 K2 parents, and this year, situation after the financial tsunami is totally different that any year, according to many ESF staff info. ESF seats are so tight.

So be open mind, and we should discuss this openly like we talk about sex with our kid.

There are always some tricks that cheat old lady money, so we keep talk about in open and on "POLICE" program, so to make everyone aware. Hiding is not the best method. Again just like talking sex with your kid, it is hard, but have to go via it.

Looks like this "rumor" issue is like AIDS, everyone is afraid of it. Parents please go to Geokids and see what parents are talking about, and you will know we are just looking at the tips of the iceberg only.

7#
發表於 09-5-13 01:17 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Annie123 於 09-5-13 00:56 發表

All rumors were claimed to be provided by insiders. All rumors were claimed to be obtained by someone close to the "core group"... etc.

There are probably thousands of "rumors" around. Not only abo ...

Telling a rumor is not correct, is not a responsible person? What kind of logic it is?

Then I think we don't need those programs like " POLICE" to tell you all the trick as one is wise and smart enough and will not trick by the bad guy.

I think parents here has to be open minded and have relax discussion. This is an open forum, you have no right to block what I said, and I am not telling lies. I am telling that there is a rumor, and it is not true, that's it.

And watch your mouth. Pain in the what? You will talk to your kid like that? Be more polite.

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-5-13 01:21 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 09-5-13 01:20 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Annie123 於 09-5-13 01:05 發表

I am surprised I am still around replying you. You are one real Pain in the A.

May be my English is really poor. I really do not know how what you said can proof that what you did was right.

Anyw ...

Pain in the what? What kind of parents we have here? You can discuss with us, but please do it politely. Once again, please watch your mouth, and make the BK Forum a clean and healthy place for parents & kids. Hope everyone is helping us to maintain this. We are not in PRC, this is HK. I wonder why people don't like someone said something, and even try to say bad stuff.

If I am telling lie, please point out. Telling people that a rumor is not true, is not a lie. Pls think twice.

9#
發表於 09-5-13 10:54 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 almom 於 09-5-11 14:56 發表

Thanks, Onsen.
I am glad someone finally pointed out "what" kind of messages are not welcome here.

I am really fed up with someone constantly posting false information here, and got away with it by ...

Almon, instead of wasting your precious time try to accuse me, spend your time to help other parents who want to get into RC.

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2125259&extra=page%3D1

That will make good use of your time. I know you will like to protect the name of RC, and try to help out other is much better. Then people will know RC parents are good guys too.

10#
發表於 09-5-14 01:46 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-13 13:30 發表

Your conclusion is now clear.
I feel sorry to see some quarrels with other parents. If you could mention which were your personal feelings/experience and which were your viewpoints, less quarrels and ...

Never mind, it happens. As long as we can help other parents, I can live with this. Somehow no matter how clear you can say, someone may come and accuse.

And more important is that rumor is like AIDS. You didn't talk about it doesn't mean it will disappear. It will appear somewhere else. The best way to tackle it is we talk about it, and let people know that the rumor is real or fake.

And I want to thank you oooray that you look at this case clearly, and willing to stand out to say something fair. Once again, I hope all BK parents can be able to tell other your experience and help other parents.

11#
發表於 09-5-14 13:07 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-14 11:27 發表

Onsen, I do agree with you.
If parents are proud of their children and their schools, why still concern and compare the admission eligibility?

I have went via admission processes of both normal ESF & PIS, with certain difficulties this year, so I have some understanding too. Parents normally like to tell others that they have get in a good school, but not the other way round. It can explain why some parents will protect the reputation of their school fiercely, no matter offline or online.  

Honestly speaking, I have headache now teaching my kid Chinese myself, and if this is RC, I will leave it to them. But since I know now she will go to CWBS (as geographically it is closer from TKO), I have to take up this job myself or find her a Chinese teacher somewhere later on...... To me both normal ESF & PIS are good school, no big difference. May be the teaching method only. Actually IB is more suitable for local when we are from local system in the past. GCE is much relax, and we may think somehow it is too relax or loose.....

Anyway, yes, be relaxed. A lot of BK parents here are good and willing to share experience. No one I think want to want people to think they are expert of anything. Sharing is a very important culture of the internet, like creative commons. If you don't like it, just leave it. If you think the info is not correct, just point it out, but politely.

Yes, everyone make mistake. I do. And if I really do, I will admit it. This is what we teach our kid too, right?

12#
發表於 09-5-14 13:44 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-14 13:41 發表

Yes. We were on the same boat experiencing difficulties throughout the admission process.
I know some parents are very nervous today coz they only apply normal ESF (no backup choice) due to insuffice ...

Absolutely! And hope those parents can get via this "nightmare" finally!

13#
發表於 09-5-16 14:25 |顯示全部帖子
If someone try to point out other people's mistake, first be patience. Try to say other people "Pain in the ???" will not help. I wonder if you teach your kid in this way, and then how other people will look upon RC parents like these. Try to build up reputation of the school, starting from the attitude of the parents themselves.

I will apologize if I make mistake, and I did in the past if you have looked at my post. Will you do the same?

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-5-16 17:26 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 09-5-18 12:59 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Annie123 於 09-5-13 01:05 發表

I am surprised I am still around replying you. You are one real Pain in the A.

May be my English is really poor. I really do not know how what you said can proof that what you did was right.

Anyw ...

To Annie 123,

If you think I am spreading rumor, point it out, politely, then I will discuss with you, like everyone else.

In my eye, ESF is the same like every school, including RCHK, no more, no less. They may have different criterias in admission, so I am just sharing admission issue I face this year, only for this year. And after all, they are the same.

If you think you are a responsible parent, please DO NOT use FOUL LANGUAGE in BK Forum. I wonder if you take to your kids like this. I will apolozgie to what I have said, if that is a mistake, no matter you like it or not. Over-reaction doesn't grant you a right to speak FOUL LANGUAGE here, a parental forum like BK Forum, so please WATCH YOUR MOUTH!  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題