密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Australia Int'l School Hong Kong
查看: 3449|回覆: 20
go

Australia Int'l School Hong Kong [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-5-23 16:45 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I am planning to transfer my secondary one daughter from SIS to AISHK. Does anyone know about AISHK and share with me your opinions?
Jenny
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-5-23 21:40 |只看該作者
My son is now in AISHK. May I ask why do you want to transfer your daughter from SIS to AISHK?

原帖由 CHENJY 於 09-5-23 16:45 發表
I am planning to transfer my secondary one daughter from SIS to AISHK. Does anyone know about AISHK and share with me your opinions?
Jenny

3#
發表於 09-5-23 22:01 |只看該作者
原帖由 happy_mum 於 09-5-23 21:40 發表
My son is now in AISHK. May I ask why do you want to transfer your daughter from SIS to AISHK?

Thanks for your reply!
My daughter feels very stressful as she could not cope with the school progress. She feels inferior as she hardly meets teachers' expectation. As a mother, I feel the school is progressing too fast for an ordinary child to catch up. I am thinking for a less demanding/competitive school which would allow my daughter to regain her confidence in study. I am also concerned with the school discipline.

4#
發表於 09-5-23 23:37 |只看該作者
I think the chance to AIS is very silm as I've been applied for two years ago still on waiting list.  They told me the queue is pretty long they can't confirm to me when can we expect to have the assessments.

5#
發表於 09-5-24 00:21 |只看該作者
原帖由 elisabeth 於 09-5-23 23:37 發表
I think the chance to AIS is very silm as I've been applied for two years ago still on waiting list.  They told me the queue is pretty long they can't confirm to me when can we expect to have the asse ...

Oh really? May I know which grade you have applied for? I called the school few days ago to check the vacancy for grade 8 and 9. There are limited space available for grade 9 and a short waiting list for grade 8. Probably you can try your luck again.

6#
發表於 09-5-24 12:53 |只看該作者
I applied Grade 5 for two years ago and now still keep queueing on Grade 7. Might be I need to re-apply due to over 2 years validity.  U are right, as they told me before the space for Grade 5 was in short waiting list as well still have a chance but when I paid the application fee, the situation is totally difference even we are the Aussie citizen with first priorty.. we just waiting and waiting but the replied was still no vacancy. very disappointed!!

7#
發表於 09-5-24 13:58 |只看該作者
原帖由 elisabeth 於 09-5-24 12:53 發表
I applied Grade 5 for two years ago and now still keep queueing on Grade 7. Might be I need to re-apply due to over 2 years validity.  U are right, as they told me before the space for Grade 5 was in  ...

Thanks Elisabeth for your sharing. I am a desperate mother who wants to take my daughter out from her current school before she totally lost confidence in herself. Do you know any similar IS in Hong Kong that we can try our luck?

8#
發表於 09-5-24 20:52 |只看該作者
可以在此分享一下在SIS就讀所面對的壓力嗎?

原帖由 CHENJY 於 09-5-24 13:58 發表

Thanks Elisabeth for your sharing. I am a desperate mother who wants to take my daughter out from her current school before she totally lost confidence in herself. Do you know any similar IS in Hong  ...

9#
發表於 09-5-28 06:50 |只看該作者
Well, I think it is really depends on the years that you are applying for. The school has a policy to keep the balance of its student from different background. Generally speaking, the school has a waiting list for all classes.
Luckily, when I apply for my son last year.My son got in right away without an intereview.
So if you really like the school, try to apply again. Good luck to you.

10#
發表於 09-5-28 15:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 happy_mum 於 09-5-28 06:50 發表
Well, I think it is really depends on the years that you are applying for. The school has a policy to keep the balance of its student from different background. Generally speaking, the school has a wa ...

Happy mum, since your son is now with AISHK, would you mind to share a bit of the school works and the academic standard? My daughter is a hardworking girl but is a bit rigid. That's why she is a bit slow in Maths and science subjects. We intend to send her to Australia after her secondary school education and that's why I am thinking of AISHK when she has problem with her current school works.

11#
發表於 09-5-29 01:24 |只看該作者
原帖由 happy_mum 於 09-5-28 06:50 發表
Well, I think it is really depends on the years that you are applying for. The school has a policy to keep the balance of its student from different background. Generally speaking, the school has a wa ...

Hi happy_mum:

Would you mind to tell me which grade that your son applied for?  Is your son an Australian passport holder?  What kind of school that your son previously attended when he was applying?  I'm thinking of sending my girl there for preparatory year next year, donno if it is very competitive.

Besides, how do you find about this school?  e.g. their academic levels, discipline.

thanks
daisy17772

12#
發表於 09-5-29 06:16 |只看該作者
Hi CHENJY,

I personally don't know anyone in SIS and I can't compare the two schools. But the following is just my  personally opinion.

In the begining of the school year in February. One of the point mentioned during the parent meeting was homework. The school believes that what they have given would be sufficient and appropriate for the specific age group student. The school is more concern on the understanding on a subject rather than tons of homework.

Parents are given a news letter which tells you what they are doing in the class. (Almost like once every two weeks) Therefore, I still have a rough idea what he is doing although I don't see the home work.

As for academic result, the school is very open on the issue and very competitive. The school compares their result with the school back in NSW in order to keep themselve inline.

Discipline is another important issue, but I believe that each school has their bad apples. But so far, I am pretty happy with it.

Hope this can help a bit.

Good luck.
原帖由 CHENJY 於 09-5-28 15:45 發表

Happy mum, since your son is now with AISHK, would you mind to share a bit of the school works and the academic standard? My daughter is a hardworking girl but is a bit rigid. That's why she is a bit ...

13#
發表於 09-5-29 06:26 |只看該作者
HI daisy17772,

Well, my son is only in Reception now and yes he used to go to an international kindy while we were applying for the school. We also had priority as we are the passport holder.

I personally think if the child is not an Aussie or Kiwi passport holder. Then it is quit competitive to get in. The school has 2 classes of Reception and 3 classes of Prep and onwards so I think there is a good chance to get in.

Good luck.
原帖由 daisy17772 於 09-5-29 01:24 發表

Hi happy_mum:

Would you mind to tell me which grade that your son applied for?  Is your son an Australian passport holder?  What kind of school that your son previously attended when he was applyin ...

14#
發表於 09-5-29 22:36 |只看該作者
Hi happy_mum

From my understanding, buying debenture is necessary. Can you tell more about it?

Thanks

原帖由 happy_mum 於 09-5-29 06:26 發表
HI daisy17772,

Well, my son is only in Reception now and yes he used to go to an international kindy while we were applying for the school. We also had priority as we are the passport holder.

I pers ...

15#
發表於 09-5-30 00:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 happy_mum 於 09-5-29 06:26 發表
HI daisy17772,

I pers ...

thanks happy_mum.  I live in HK island, so I am concerned about the travelling time.   

As for the syllabus, how many hours every week for mandarin and chinese culture.  
Can the students there speak mandarin?

thanks
daisy17772

16#
發表於 09-5-30 15:35 |只看該作者
Hi Happy_mum,

My girl will have an interview later at AISHK for reception class. 2 of her classmates will go, too. Is your son happy at school? Hope my daughter is OK in interview.

Vicky Mum

17#
發表於 09-5-30 22:02 |只看該作者
Hi leegbd,

Yes, all student must hold a debenture or pay a levy before school starts.

As for debenture, the school would inform you if there is any or which one is available as there are a few different kinds of debenture after a place has been offered. You have to come up the money in quit a short notice too.

As for the levy. this is an annual payment on top of the school fees and non-refundable.

原帖由 leegbd 於 09-5-29 22:36 發表
Hi happy_mum

From my understanding, buying debenture is necessary. Can you tell more about it?

Thanks

18#
發表於 09-5-30 22:23 |只看該作者
Hi daisy17772,

The school starts at 8:15am which is quite early. Travelling time should not be very long. School bus also covers a good area on the island.

As for Chinese standard, I think you can't compare it with a local or Chinese dominant school.

Mandarin lesson starts from Reception class,20 minutes a day from Mon to Thurs. As most of the student has zero background in Mandarin, it is very very simple.

From year 2 onwards, students would be seperated into different Mandarin classes base on their level.Class will be on daily basis.

I must say that Chinese (race)student are the minority in the school. Unlike the ESF school, the more Chinese student, the better chance you have for the children to speak Chinese. I would say for Chinese background student, you would need other aids to maintain a good standard of Chinese.
原帖由 daisy17772 於 09-5-30 00:20 發表

thanks happy_mum.  I live in HK island, so I am concerned about the travelling time.   

As for the syllabus, how many hours every week for mandarin and chinese culture.  
Can the students there spe ...

19#
發表於 09-5-30 22:36 |只看該作者
Hi VickyMum,

Would your daughter be interviewing for the Reception class next year or joining in the next term?

Does your daughter hold an Aussie or Kiwi passport? AISHK only run 1 morning and 1 afternoon class for Reception. Each class would have 20 students.So morning class is very competitve and you would need the priority.  

So far my son loves to go to school. Although he has no homework, but the school/ the teacher will keep the parents inform of what they have been and will be doing each week through a news letter.

Good luck to your daughter once again.
原帖由 VickyMum 於 09-5-30 15:35 發表
Hi Happy_mum,

My girl will have an interview later at AISHK for reception class. 2 of her classmates will go, too. Is your son happy at school? Hope my daughter is OK in interview.

Vicky Mum

[ 本帖最後由 happy_mum 於 09-5-30 22:38 編輯 ]

20#
發表於 09-5-31 06:50 |只看該作者
Hi happy_mum,

Thanks for your greeting. My daughter is applying for the reception class next year. She is an Aussie passport holder. Hopefully she can get through the interview coz AISHK is our first choice.

Vickymum
‹ 上一主題|下一主題