用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 蘇浙小學(全日) 06年9月入讀蘇淅幼稚園K1既家長, 入唻交流下啦! ...
查看: 26223|回覆: 47
go

06年9月入讀蘇淅幼稚園K1既家長, 入唻交流下啦! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-2 00:23 |顯示全部帖子
GIPW, agree.  I think those parents who are willing to invest $30,000 per annum to stay in KCS primary school instead of going to free eduation, are likely to be parents who care about the development of their children more.  If analysis like this, it seems you are right the children in KCS primary should be potential "better" than those from aided schools.  Aided schools are unable to control the quality of their children as most are entered by luck.  

But are many teachers of the primary section from China?  If yes, I have doubt if some will be able to catch up with the education development / revolution of HK. And I am really shocked to see the comment of the Vice Principal "No room for improvement".  Is this really from the month of a vice principal. So passive and negative!!!!  I don't think a sensible management will give such comment to the parents.  Anyone knows under what situation he/she gave such kind of comment?

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-5-30 00:37 發表
Hi Can

One of the main reason of studying in 蘇小 is I think most of the parents that I know, care a lot for their child.  So I want her to mix with the "good" friends to make / lead her to have a ri ...

2#
發表於 09-6-11 15:22 |顯示全部帖子
What ECA are free of charge in KCS primary school?  I didn't hear my niece (attending KCS P1) or her mum (my sister-in-law) mentioned there are free ECA in KCS primary school. If there are and free of charge, why not join and then supplement by outside service providers.

By the way, any ECA courses (free or paid) offered by KCS KG?

Dear mums, interest to go through your thoughts in selecting primary schools for your children.  I have never considered KCS primary school for my kid before, but after reading, I start to move a little bit. Hope you all can make the choice that fit your child.

3#
發表於 09-6-11 15:24 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 9# hayhay2007 的文章

HayHay 2007, you want to apply local or international stream?  Your message is not very clear.

4#
發表於 09-6-11 17:19 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# 十月媽咪 的文章

十月媽咪, you mean your favourite is girl schools?? I am from girl school too (sedondary only), but I prefer my child going to primary schools with both sex, I don't mind her going to girl secondary school.  I am afraid going to a girl school too early, my girl may have difficulties in communicating with the opposite sex when she grows up : )

5#
發表於 09-6-11 17:34 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# 十月媽咪 的文章

Funny, your daughter makes me laugh in office..........原來"十月媽咪"有個"十月芥菜女", just kidding.......

6#
發表於 09-6-11 17:50 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# 十月媽咪 的文章

If so, why don't you choose the girl school in the lucky draw stage or apply True Light?

7#
發表於 09-6-11 18:16 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# 十月媽咪 的文章

I seeeee.... all are Catheric schools.  If your daughter is not a Catheric, not easy to enter.  Don't give up lah, GIPW and some other parents may give up True Light, so, if your daughter is on top of the waiting list, your daughter can be admited to True Light.  Good luck!!!

8#
發表於 09-6-11 23:41 |顯示全部帖子
Me too...I could only write with 手寫板only : )
GIPW, thank you very much for your detailed informaiton.

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-6-11 19:50 發表

i can write better in English than in Chinese.  Tell you a secret, my chinese is only up to primary standard.  I could only write with 手寫板, so very very slow .  

9#
發表於 09-6-11 23:51 |顯示全部帖子
十月媽咪, if your concern is on the quality and the stability of the teachers. No one can guarantee you the same thing will not happen in other schools woh.  Due to the nature of my job, I have the opportunity to see the CV of some primary teachers, the HKCEE result of many primary teachers are unexpectedly poor in my standard.  Even all subjects are D or E grade can be a primary teacher.......I really cannot trust in my eye.  

原帖由 十月媽咪 於 09-6-11 19:29 發表
可能呢三年你嗰班既老師都好穩定, 又遇到超勁純正普通話既老師, 所以你對KCS會好有信心, 但係...我真係好怕唻緊嗰六年, 會再遇到好似呢三年咁樣既情況呢!

10#
發表於 09-6-12 00:03 |顯示全部帖子
As a passer-by and based on my observation of my schoolmates, I will say school would both sex is better for a person's development in general, though have the higher risk of what "October Mama" is concerning.......But, the fact in HK is most good secondary schools are "single sexed", so, if you want  the good schools, you have limited choices.

There are really "Tom Boy" and lesbian in girl school, though not too many....and some normal girls as their "circle" are mostly girls, so, have difficulties in finding the other half.........

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-6-11 19:26 發表

Sorb

This is exactly what I am thinking of.  I just want them to grow up in an environment when there are both sex.  I do not mind a girl secondary school.   

but at this stage, I have a few discu ...

11#
發表於 09-6-12 11:45 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# wendywoo72 的文章

Some teachers in KCS are from China, if yes, I think their普通話 will have北京口音.  Others were educated in HK with Mandarine training (in school or home) so, may not have the native 口音 loh.  Like when I speak English, I can never have native 口音.  

I have heard a mum say you can request to change class (I mean KG) if you do not satisfy with the current class.

12#
發表於 09-6-13 00:56 |顯示全部帖子
GIPW, if you choose KCS, you will let your girl attend full day school or just half day.  My sister-in-law has chosen half day only, as a result, her kid's lesson starts as early as 8:00am, very early to me.

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-6-12 21:33 發表
Hi CanKan

extra money .... not that I heard from my friends.  As KCS is not a non-profitable organization, I think most of the thing rather than the school fee will be free of charge.    Maybe we cou ...

13#
發表於 09-6-15 11:28 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 8# CanKan 的文章

Oh, really, so early!!!! I suddenly recall the school hours of my primary school also started at 7:45am and secodary schoo at 8:15am......but I don't think I can go to work as early as that now. No wonder the primary allocation system of the Education Dept (2nd round) encourages our children go to school near to our home to save the travelling time.

14#
發表於 09-6-16 00:30 |顯示全部帖子
十月媽咪, 有沒有聽說 Housewife actually 是世上最忙的工作,你是工人,也是 the Accountant and Fund Manger of your home, 也是the teacher of your children.....etc.... so, being a full time housewife, you have no excuse to have a 補習jiejie loh.  

$40 per hour is very cheap, can consider this when my kid starts to have homework.......so that there is no need for me to review her homework after work.  Cannot imagin how life will look like if I need to supervise my kid to do the homework after work.  So, my first question when I met the KG teacher was:  when will my kid start to have homework.  So released when I heard the teacher said only a little bit starting from K1 2nd semester.  Goooooood..............

原帖由 十月媽咪 於 09-6-15 20:26 發表
咁即係呢個中五生幫阿悠補晒普通話&英文? RIGHT? 咁收費貴唔貴呀?!

哈哈...我佬落左ORDER, 如無必要, 絕唔畀阿女補習呀, 佢話我真係教唔掂, 就叫佢出馬搞掂個女D野喎!

15#
發表於 09-6-16 00:44 |顯示全部帖子
Cancan, 算啦!  6年前KG 畢業的小朋友 are poorer as they could not have their KG gradudation cereomony in 2003 due to Sars.  Now, they cannot have primary graduation ceremony due to Swine Flu.   Hope there will not be another outbreak 6 years later so that they can have their secondary school graduation ceremony.
原帖由 CanKan 於 09-6-15 19:02 發表
會唔會遲 d 補返呀?一班同學相處左三年,唔通連講聲再見、影張相既機會都冇?亞女已經同我講話好想派紀念冊俾同學填,我心裡都擔心緊會唔會因為我太遲幫佢買﹝其實佢之前已經叫左我成個月有多﹞,而導致得物無所用?

Cankan ...

16#
發表於 09-6-16 11:30 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# 十月媽咪 的文章

魚與熊掌不可兼得,being a housewife, 唔駛假手於人, 佢有咩依郁, 都係第一個知道。But being a housewife, the financial burden will be all born by your husband......unless your husband  is earning a lot.  Very difficult to choose.....I think it will be ideal if I can find a part time job so that I can go to work for half day (more balance in term of the social circle) and the rest of the day taking care of my girl.

17#
發表於 09-6-16 23:24 |顯示全部帖子
I envy you too.....October Mama....My husband has never offered me the post of Housewife :  ) If he offers me, I really want to try for a few years and back to the market again, maybe at a little bit lower salary, I don't mind. But........I want to be a housewife with a maid helping me woh......I don't want to do the housework all by myself and then become a 師奶 : )

I think as a housewife, you are giving more spiritual thing to your kid as you can spend more time to accompany her, while we, the working mums, can give more material things to them but less spiritual.

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-6-16 18:21 發表

But I quite envy you to have such type of life. It is always good to have mom besides her esp when they are under 10.  You could consider to have a 2nd one.

18#
發表於 09-6-16 23:33 |顯示全部帖子
GIPW, glad to know you enjoy travelling for work as I can tell you need to travel quite frequent.  My previous job requires me to travel too, not very frequent, just a few times a year and for 1-2 weeks only, however, I do not like it very much.  But it is good the company paid me to visit so many places in Asian region......and some places I don't think I will pay by myself to go there.

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-6-16 15:42 發表

You are definately right.  During this financial tsunami, I have friends whose husband was a high "salary" i-bank staff and now suddenly lost the job - this has put a big pressure on them.  Sometime ...

19#
發表於 09-6-17 10:15 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# Chens 的文章

Chens, 你好勁呀!
By the way, I have seen a graduation photo of my kid's class in her class's Facebook. The children are so cute and happy....all green like the froggies........ Have you seen your kid's photo yet.......if not, go and have a look.

20#
發表於 09-6-17 10:42 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# Chens 的文章

Sure......PM me your e-mail address or facebook name. Actually, it is a portfolio photo of her class' Facbook.  So, cannot send you the link via facebook, but I have downloaded it so I can send to you via e-mail tonight when I have access to my PM at home.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題