教育王國 討論區 聖方濟各英文小學 09-10年度 SFA 小一家長交流區
發新帖
樓主: CCW
go

09-10年度 SFA 小一家長交流區 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-24 22:01 |顯示全部帖子
Hi all,

My girl will study P1 at SFA too!  Today, I received a call from the school saying that the holiday classes will be on in Aug.  So.. I guess should be fine and no cancellation!  

As my girl was accepted through the 2nd interview.. hahaha.. not successful in the 1st time.  That's why we only paid for the classes this week.

Just wonder.. as I saw lot of Kentville students were accepted during the 2nd interview as we were registered on the same day.. are your children also from there?

Thanks!

2#
發表於 09-6-25 20:08 |顯示全部帖子
Yes .. during the 2nd in.. there was about 10 studednts in a group were called for the 2nd in.  I was so worried for that as my daughter is not from any branded local kindergarten.  She is from ESF school (Beacon Hill School) studying Y1 in 2008-9, which is equivalent to K3 based on age.  

She is poor in Chinese and now I am still worrying for her Chinese.  But her English is very strong.  

As for the 2nd int.  I heard they have it in three days to complete the interviews.. I heard about 200-300 students knocking the door for just 10 seats left.  My daughter was interviewed on last Thursday and the teacher told us there was a decision on the next day.  So.. I waited for the call.. until about 4pm they called me last Friday and said the principal has accepted your daughter and you need to pay the Sept school fee on Monday.  

It is true that there is no waiting list as my daughter was not on their list at all.  I just wrote to them.

原帖由 wynma 於 09-6-25 16:54 發表
Hi Monghar,

Mud 原來有2nd in咩? 咁你之前係咪收到封waiting list信架? 但聽學校講是沒有waiting list 的。 及你in 咗之後幾耐才有收你ge消息呀? Thanks!

3#
發表於 09-6-26 19:58 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks Leungkit1005!

I am hoping that she can really blend well into the local system as I like her to study more Chinese.

Today, the ESF principal called me up to ask me to reconsider to keep my daughter at their school.  I have handed in the withdrawal letter to the principal as I have registered with SFA.  So.. they wanted to keep my daughter at the school.. finding ways to keep her.. it is so surprised as usually they will just called their long waiting list for new candidates..

I guess there must be lot of students leaving too.. hahaha.. it is a financial crisis year.

原帖由 leungkit1005 於 09-6-26 09:08 發表
Monghar, 恭喜晒

4#
發表於 09-6-27 18:50 |顯示全部帖子
Oh.. Christy.. do not get me wrong.  There is nothing wrong with ESF school.  My daughter spent her K3 there as Y1 and her English has improved tremendously.  Her standard now is equivalent to P3 English level for local school.  My concern is that:
1) Poor Chinese thought they have more lesson than the old days of ESF
2) Discipline is also another issue as they do not really be that strict like the catholic school.  I am worrying that girl should know their value and culture
3) Putting her there was because of my ex-colleagues or friends keep saying that ESF is a good school and also the school has stepped up to have
more Chinese these days..
4) After a year, her mandarin is fine but still not learning to write any single word.

I have decided to switch her out for some top local schools.  This is the only way which I can continue to secure her English standard (not to deteriorate) and increase her Mandarin standard.  Also, another key concern is that I have another younger daughter - I would rather to save up the money for them next time to overseas instead.

原帖由 christyltl888 於 09-6-27 15:36 發表
Hi Monghar, welcome to SFA. My daughter was accepted in the 2nd term of 08/09.  She is very happy here since then.
Just wonder why you change from ESF? Is there something wrong with that school?  
Chr ...

5#
發表於 09-8-17 22:21 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter also in Green (Eng) and 1A (Putonghua).  Hopefully, we can meet each other too.. may be they are friends already. hahaha..

I find it hard to wait for them outside the school during their learning period.  Especially Saturday (3 hours),,, a long period to wait for them..

May be WE the parents could get together for breakfast.. this may be a good idea... if you are interested,.. please PM me...

原帖由 ISABELSIN 於 09-8-11 23:32 發表
我女英文是green班, 普通話是1a呀,
‹ 上一主題|下一主題