搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 應否選擇國際學校?(唔該俾D意見)
樓主: foreverbb
go

應否選擇國際學校?(唔該俾D意見) [複製鏈接]

141#
發表於 10-1-13 21:42 |只看該作者
My friend is an Englishman.
His son is studying in 香港浸信會聯會小學 (in Tsuen Wan).
He is very happy with the learning atmosphere there.  Besides, his younger son can get into it without any hassles.
It's your own choice to plan for your child.  

原帖由 camomile00 於 10-1-13 13:19 發表
其他香港有無學校有international school o既學習環境但又多機會比小朋友學好中文同接觸中國文化呢?
我個仔而家先一歲多d, 不過因為而家開始幫佢搵pre-nusery, 自自然然research 埋幼稚園, 小學同中學o既info.
因為 ...

142#
發表於 10-1-15 21:00 |只看該作者
camomile00,

You may choose some IS with strong Chinese, such as Chinese International School & Yew Chung

143#
發表於 10-2-2 08:52 |只看該作者

接觸中國文化

原帖由 camomile00 於 10-1-13 13:19 發表
其他香港有無學校有international school o既學習環境但又多機會比小朋友學好中文同接觸中國文化呢?
我個仔而家先一歲多d, 不過因為而家開始幫佢搵pre-nusery, 自自然然research 埋幼稚園, 小學同中學o既info.
因為 ...

CIS 啦,中國文化氣氛都幾濃,全校國語都好好,寫就差少少。
陳瑞祺小學都用活動教學式。

144#
發表於 10-2-2 09:03 |只看該作者

回覆 39# hysterical 的文章

Braemer Hill feeds mostly to CIS.
For HKIS, you better try to get into their reception classes = kinder.
It is extremely difficult to get in, even when you are well prepared and have the $$$ to;
because HKIS first priority is that they HAVE to take in all those kids who absolutely cannot attend local schools first.

145#
發表於 10-2-2 09:47 |只看該作者
各位我從小都已有打算比我囡囡讀國際學校, 但間間都要買debenture,大大話話都要20万先有得諗, 所以我上年已將女兒送到澳洲讀書, 初時係一間private school, 但因女兒是Australian citizen 佢grandparets 話唔好讀private school 浪費金錢, 但我想分享係"一分錢一分貨"既道理,最後我同個女都覺得好差呀D public school. 最後都攪到返咗香港讀書, 2 bad.

其實如果父母想比兒女讀IS,但又唔想佢地唔識中文, 我有一個提議,依家小朋友重細應該儲蓄下錢, 可以暫時比一間local band 1小學佢地讀, 到佢地age 10 or 中3才出國讀書, 佢地中文一定好, 又可同外國學校課程接到, 我同我妹妹都係中一先到外國讀書, 返到香港都唔難搵工, 因為我地都識中文

但我囡囡已中一了, 我打算轉Korean International School比佢, 唔駛買debenture, 不過又怕d 老師英文唔好,但佢地係考Cambridge d Cert (IGCSE) 架, 又近我屋企, 本人打算兩年後給女兒回澳洲讀書

我想問有冇家長知道依間Korean International School 多d 資料, 係咪外籍老師教書架? 因為我都係澳洲讀書架我知d Korean 英文發音唔準呀, 請盡快幫忙回答, 因女兒入了一間極差本地中學, Thanks.

146#
發表於 10-2-2 12:40 |只看該作者
原帖由 wongdoleisa 於 10-2-2 09:47 發表
其實如果父母想比兒女讀IS,但又唔想佢地唔識中文, 我有一個提議,依家小朋友重細應該儲蓄下錢, 可以暫時比一間local band 1小學佢地讀, 到佢地age 10 or 中3才出國讀書, 佢地中文一定好, 又可同外國學校課程接到, 我同我妹妹都係中一先到外國讀書, 返到香港都唔難搵工, 因為我地都識中文

I think most IS parents also have experience with local education and have studied overseas. And that's why they are not considering local school education.

147#
發表於 10-2-6 01:21 |只看該作者
原帖由 mpsog 於 10-2-2 09:03 發表

But BH is a local stream nursery and students are aiming at SPCC / other DSS....

148#
發表於 10-2-8 16:40 |只看該作者

It all depends

My two daughters are currently going to RCHK at Maonshan.  I think they will have such a memorable childhood.  There are always people saying different things against what you believed in.  So what, I think you should follow your own will and do it the way YOU believe is best for your own child.  Guess what, few years back I always heard from people telling me that RCHK is not good.  Recently, there are many people telling me that RCHK is very hard to get in.  You think I will care what others say!

149#
發表於 10-2-10 13:53 |只看該作者
我好讚成 Smartypants
的話,

最重要是流利英語,非本地教育的其他科目。我現在與內地人工作,他們普通一個胡南大學的人,中文比我們更地道,我們的普通話就算冇港音,寫都是不合內地的口味,但英話他們除外國回流那班,內地的一講,都比港人差一大截, 外國回流的人, 在內地打工都要成萬元。

事實就在眼前,唔信? 當你在國內要找一個流利英語的人,更不好說重要有甚麼專業知識, 就算是普通一個文職, 你就知有多貴!  

要贏內地人,不是在普通話,
溝通到就可。

150#
發表於 10-2-10 14:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 lawisabella 於 10-2-10 13:53 發表
我好讚成 Smartypants
的話,

最重要是流利英語,非本地教育的其他科目。我現在與內地人工作,他們普通一個胡南大學的人,中文比我們更地道,我們的普通話就算冇港音,寫都是不合內地的口味,但英話他們除外國回流那班,內地的一 ...

Absolutely agree!

151#
發表於 10-2-10 17:15 |只看該作者
原帖由 mpsog 於 10-2-2 09:03 發表
For HKIS, you better try to get into their reception classes = kinder.
It is extremely difficult to get in, even when you are well prepared and have the $$$ to;
becau ...

Hi mpsog...may I ask what is "Braemar Hill" in this case? Many thanks!
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]

152#
發表於 10-2-10 17:38 |只看該作者
Braemar Hill is 寶山幼兒園.
It is not an international kindergarten.
Most of their kids go to elite local primary schools - a large percentage goes to St Paul Co-ed every year.
Only a handful of their kids aim at international schools.

原帖由 olive008 於 10-2-10 17:15 發表

Hi mpsog...may I ask what is "Braemar Hill" in this case? Many thanks!

153#
發表於 10-2-10 18:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 mow-mow 於 10-2-10 17:38 發表
Braemar Hill is 寶山幼兒園.
It is not an international kindergarten.
Most of their kids go to elite local primary schools - a large percentage goes to St Paul Co-ed every year.
Only a handful of their ...

Mow-mow...thanks for your reply! I only heard that 寶山 only accepts those kids with family in high social status + $$. As such i won't be surprised most other ordinary kid can't get accepted.
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]

154#
發表於 10-2-22 18:21 |只看該作者
May i ask those who put their children in international school, the successful rate of building up a habit of reading Chinese book too?  And how to stimulate and encourage them to do so?
I want my child to study in international school, but i am concern about the chinese learning, I understand that Reading is very important in strengthen a language.  Your experience is precious, pls advice.........Thanks!

155#
發表於 10-2-22 19:05 |只看該作者
原帖由 Callas 於 10-2-22 18:21 發表
May i ask those who put their children in international school, the successful rate of building up a habit of reading Chinese book too?  And how to stimulate and encourage them to do so?
I want my chi ...

Have you thought of putting the child in an international school that is also strong in Chinese... like Singapore international or ISF? (and there are many others)

Or... to choose the "middle" that is a DSS school, that you are comfortable with their teaching style... and they are strong in both english and chinese.

156#
發表於 10-2-22 19:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 olive008 於 10-2-10 18:04 發表

Mow-mow...thanks for your reply! I only heard that 寶山 only accepts those kids with family in high social status + $$. As such i won't be surprised most other ordinary kid can't get accepted.

That is because the tuition is sooooo expensive.  My little cousins went there.. and my uncle said the tuition was 10K per month.. and that was 10 years ago!!!  mind you... my cousins were considered "ordinary kids" in that area.  They lived in Braemer Hill at that time =)

157#
發表於 10-2-23 09:07 |只看該作者
i am also worried about chinese learning and discipline at international school..really headache

158#
發表於 10-2-23 12:25 |只看該作者
Many IS are very disciplined, but not in the regular way that local parents are accustomed to.

159#
發表於 10-2-23 23:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 lottieclee 於 10-2-22 19:05 發表

Have you thought of putting the child in an international school that is also strong in Chinese... like Singapore international or ISF? (and there are many others)

Or... to choose the "middle" that ...

Thanks for your advice, i will do more research about those schools.......
Is KCIS considered as a good international school?
As i know that they emphasize on both languages, but it seems not considered as first priority in most parents' choice.  Am i right? Pls advice.......
‹ 上一主題|下一主題