教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC academic results
發新帖
查看: 2648|回覆: 16
go

RC academic results [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-29 11:40 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi parents,

Do you have any information about the university that current RC students will graduate to? I went to the school visit and I quite like this school but a parent from SIS told me that this school's background is not that good and there's no academic record so far. So she advised me to try SIS instead and check more info about RC.

Could I have your valuable comments of that? Thank you so much!
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-6-29 12:58 |只看該作者
Why would you want to choose between RC an SIS?
The locations are very different and the curriculum are very different.
I personally would not consider RC because it is too new. I heard that they are so far quite good. But still being with a short history, it is not what I would prefer.
But I would still not choose SIS. My nephews are with SIS and from what I observe and hear from them, I would not want to put my children there.
If you like RC, you should try ESF, HKIS, CIS, GSIS, etc. which are also more western. These are all mainstream international schools in Hong Kong.

3#
發表於 09-6-30 09:22 |只看該作者
Hi Nintendo,

I choose between these two is because I want my son to study Chinese in in'tl school. As long as I know, only RC, ISF, SIS, CIS and Victoria includes quite a lot of Chinese in the curriculum. And I share the same view with you for RC, that's why I want to ask for more academic details for this school.

As your nephew is studying in SIS, could you pls share your view here? It would be valuable to us.

We have a plan to move in these 2 years, so location is not a problem.

Other parents are welcome here!!

4#
發表於 09-6-30 13:30 |只看該作者
RC will have its year 13 graduates' first IB results in July.  Don't know if the info. will appear on its website or not.  Let's wait and see.

Would only 1 year of IB results be sufficient for you to choose between two schools?

5#
發表於 09-6-30 14:12 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

6#
發表於 09-6-30 16:04 |只看該作者
Hi Saturn,

Thanks for your info. Hope RC would post the graduate list later after July. It may be a prelimary indicator for parents.

Hi Thankful,

I agree with you. Both offer different teaching approaches. I just went to SIS open house. For me, I'm satisfactory with the academic work, except the accent of course. But it seems that the students are not that happy and polite. Another thing that hinders me is that the teaching approach seems affect the students' creativity.

Could you share something here? Seems your daughter studied in SIS before, right?

I visited ISF, ESF and RC also. ESF and RC offer a happy environment for students for which I like so much...

7#
發表於 09-8-16 03:32 |只看該作者

RC: IB Results and RCHK Accolades

Dear Parents,

I am happy to have my children in RCHK. Attached is quoted from the school announcement on the IB Results, "...Our average Diploma score of 32 is simply outstanding. The world average in 2008-09 is 29. Over 25% of the cohort scored over 35 points. Three scholars scoring 40 and above.
Distinguishing RCHK is that 54% of our Diploma candidates achieved the highly acclaimed Bilingual Diploma...."

Also I'd like to share my kid's experience in Kowloon Junior and RC. He was Yr 2 in Kln Jr. and found boring and wondering in school. After transfering to RC, he turned to be cheerful, love-reading, and knowledgeable. Especially Chinese is unbelieveable improved. Now the first year in RC, he could write a story in 200 words and the reading level is about a P1 in local schools.
If remaining in Kln Jr., I think he can only say, "How are you?" in Chinese.

I'd put thumbs up for RC!
Please do feedback for more sharing!

8#
發表於 09-8-16 11:17 |只看該作者
原帖由 Caremyson 於 09-8-16 03:32 發表
Now the first year in RC, he could write a story in 200 words and the reading level is about a P1 in local schools.
If remaining in Kln Jr., I think he can only say, "How are you?" in Chinese.

Hi Caremyson, I really have interested to know has he taken any extra Chinese lessons?

9#
發表於 09-8-18 19:36 |只看該作者
Any academic results of other international schools?
Many thanks!

10#
發表於 09-8-31 12:22 |只看該作者
I just saw from other thread saying there is priority for RC to accept student. ESF kinder students are prioritised over other kinder students. Is that true?

11#
發表於 09-9-2 21:42 |只看該作者
As far as I understand, there is no priority given to the ESF kinder students. However, they do have advantages as RC will send teachers to the ESF kinders from time to time to observe the students' profiles. Thus, the  opportunity to interact with the RC teachers prior to the interview is  a great advantage.  The teachers may also be more comfortable to select a kid whom they are familiar with.  RC focus very much on the kid's proficiency of English and their personalities (more outgoing the better). So the ESF teaching methods will also better prepare the kids to meet RC's requirements compared with other kinders.

12#
發表於 09-9-3 09:18 |只看該作者
Hi Gentlemanhk,

Do you know if RC will send teachers to other int'l kinders?

Are your kids/ kid study in RC? How's the learning environment there?

Thanks!

13#
發表於 09-9-3 11:33 |只看該作者

回覆 12# 肥騫 的文章

(Do you know if RC will send teachers to other int'l kinders?)

I don't think so.

(Are your kids/ kid study in RC? How's the learning environment there?)

Yes. Learning environment is excellent in my opinion. Kids are extremely happy, active and confident there. Despite being a new school, things are quite well organized with a lot of parents' involvement and assistance (volunteers). They established a good community of teachers, parents and students.

14#
發表於 09-9-3 12:04 |只看該作者
Last year I think they also went to Boxhill across the road too.

15#
發表於 09-9-3 17:52 |只看該作者
Hi Gentlemanhk,

What you said are exactly what we want.
How about the chinese standard and academic standard in general? Are you satisfied?

Is it easy to go in? Any tips for us?

Hi Almon,

I'm going to send my son to int'l kinder in HK Island. It's so far away from Ma On Shan. Not sure they will send teachers there...

16#
發表於 09-9-3 18:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 肥騫 於 09-9-3 17:52 發表
Hi Almon,

I'm going to send my son to int'l kinder in HK Island. It's so far away from Ma On Shan. Not sure they will send teachers there...

If you live on the island, would RC be too remote for you?

17#
發表於 09-9-4 11:04 |只看該作者
I have plan to move to a bigger flat. So, location is not a problem for us.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖