用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ISF changes Principal again !? What is the CV of the ...
發新帖
查看: 5780|回覆: 4
go

ISF changes Principal again !? What is the CV of the new Principal? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-8-31 16:05 |顯示全部帖子
What did you mean by "again"?
So for these short few years, how many principals have they had in total?

2#
發表於 09-8-31 18:59 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 tingtingting 於 09-8-31 18:37 發表
I received the first friday circular from the school 5 mins ago.  In the newsletter it is said that the final pre-authorisation meeting for IBDP will take place in Nov 2009.  IBO has indicated that fo ...

Interesting.
How come all of a sudden the language policy is not the main concerm?
It is quite unbelievable, since IBO is an old organisation and it is quite "amazing" to find that they have "made a mistake".
Cannot help thinking the GENUINE reason why they failed  the authorisation previously.

3#
發表於 09-9-1 11:20 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 liyinfai 於 09-8-31 19:31 發表

You seems very unhappy with ISF. What's wrong with ISF? Let's list out the problem(s) of ISF so that the parents can have a second consideration before sending the kids to this school?

No need to be hostile.
I am not unhappy with ISF.
I have family with kids in ISF. Or I should say, used to, since the kids are now in a better school.
ISF is not exactly bad. But it turns out that it is not exactly what they have promised.

4#
發表於 09-9-1 11:23 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 tingtingting 於 09-8-31 21:07 發表

My understanding (which I stress again is something that can go wrong) is that IBO accepts that it is OK for a private independent in HK to exclude Cantonese as a medium of instructions and to exclude its use among students on campus.  Don't ask me for details. The whole thing sounds too complicated to me and I don't believe that I know it better than you do.

The school's "excuse" of the cantonese speaking thing is ridiculous.
Everyone knows that ESF schools also prohibit the use of Cantonese on campus. They have been doing it years. Yet they are still IB schools. At least all high schools are IBD.
I do not think the IBO would "suddenly realise" that the prohibition of cantonese is "OK".

5#
發表於 09-9-1 11:33 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-9-1 00:15 發表
yeah, but the reason you send your child to ISF is NOT only because of their Putonghua curriculum.... ISF charges elite prices, I think even though it might not beat ESF's english curriculum, it shoul ...

THAT is exactly ISF problems.
In terms of English, they are so far behind the standard of most international schools.
In terms of Chinese, they are not exactly fantastic either.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題