教育王國 討論區 聖保羅男女中學附屬小學 09/10小一家長請進
樓主: CSW
go

09/10小一家長請進 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 09-9-10 22:55 |只看該作者
原帖由 Amom 於 09-9-7 12:38 發表
Hi Ahtan,

我女兒都係一時時, 有時講D, 有時問極都話吾知. 比D時間佢哋適應, 遲些或會主動分享學校生活比我哋知.

各位家長, 你們的小朋友是在學校訂飯還是自己帶飯呢? ...

Hi Amom,
Thanks for your kind words. My son is very forgetful. He forgot to bring the ruler back home for me to stick his name, and have probably lost it already.....he already lost two erasers! Maybe boys are more messy. I wrote on the handbook three times already to tell his class teacher what he forgot to do!
I bring food to him everyday.

42#
發表於 09-9-10 23:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 Amom 於 09-9-10 11:10 發表

Chess,

我問過女兒, 她說英文老師上堂時問誰想參加朗誦便舉手, 然後集低名字再從中選一些同學出來. 已派了三首英詩給我們自選一首.

Does anyone know whether we need to practice the poems with the kid ourselves or the teachers will do it during school hours? Thanks

43#
發表於 09-9-10 23:41 |只看該作者
Hi ahtan

剛收到通知小兒被選中參與小一、二普通話集誦,每星期兩天在導修堂跟老師練習,我想獨誦都是一樣的。

原帖由 ahtan 於 09-9-10 23:12 發表

Does anyone know whether we need to practice the poems with the kid ourselves or the teachers will do it during school hours? Thanks

44#
發表於 09-9-10 23:53 |只看該作者
Dear all,Any view on the school bus?
Drivers appear to be not accommodating parents' suggestions.

45#
發表於 09-9-10 23:55 |只看該作者
What was it about?

原帖由 AmazingGrace 於 09-9-10 23:53 發表
Dear all,Any view on the school bus?
Drivers appear to be not accommodating parents' suggestions.

46#
發表於 09-9-11 00:35 |只看該作者
Some bus drivers and the chief school bus coordinator "Tong Shuk" show unsatisfactory attitude and neglect parents' requests. They seem to monopolize the operation for many years. I am suspecting any "secured" relationship between the chief coordinator with the school management.

47#
發表於 09-9-11 14:23 |只看該作者
My fd just told me that her kid in St. Stephen (Stanley) can take instrument class at school, and in fact all P.1 studnets have the chance...it just make me think that how come we pay so much school fee, and our kids don't get the chance to learn that at school...?

48#
發表於 09-9-11 20:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 CSW 於 09-9-11 14:23 發表
My fd just told me that her kid in St. Stephen (Stanley) can take instrument class at school, and in fact all P.1 studnets have the chance...it just make me think that how come we pay so much school f ...

Hi CSW,

Apart from the musical instrument classes, there are lots of other activities that SPCCPS offers and other schools don't... there is no need to feel disappointed just because our kids could not get into one of those instrument classes... There will be plenty of alternatives for them to learn and participate, all of which are just as worthwhile as learning an instruments... and no kids will not be left out...  

There are good reasons that the school is unable to offer instrument lessons to all students... obviously there is the resource constraint... there are 150 kids in P1 and just about every parent would want their kids to participate in an instrument class... but there are only a few teachers who teach these instruments... so the seats are bound to be limited and they would need to pick students with better potentials... i heard that if a student has already started learning to play the instrument prior to coming to P1 then there will be a greater chance for him/her to get in... i can't be 100% sure if that is really the case though...
i think the teachers also look at the kids' physical ability to determine whether they are suitable to start learning the instrument at P1... for instance my daughter told me that the oboe/clarinet teachers checked out their hands during the introductory session... and apparently my daughter's hands are too tiny to play neither of the instruments... so at the end she did not get picked... i spoke with the class teacher and she said if the student is really interested in the instrument than by all means take lessons outside of the school... which is what we will do... my daughter is very interested in woodwind instruments and since her hands are small, we may take her to learn the flute later this year...

IMHO, we have to remember that music is for appreciation... let's not force the kids to learn an instrument just because everyone else is doing so...   

God bless! :)

49#
發表於 09-9-11 22:23 |只看該作者
I agree with the views of skateboardp.  Although my son was not successful in his application either and he got disappointed, I may consider private class some time later to see if he is really interested in the instrument.  There is no need to join every activity in P.1.  I think the school should have plenty of activities to enable its students to explore their talent.

Cheer up! :D

50#
發表於 09-9-11 22:51 |只看該作者
原帖由 Chess 於 09-9-10 23:41 發表
Hi ahtan

Thank you!

51#
發表於 09-9-11 23:40 |只看該作者
Skateboard,
I understand your point, and I am not trying to force my kid to learn any instrument unless he has great interest in it. But I was just hoping if all the kids can be offered a chance, it will be more ideal.

For the poem contest, I asked my boy the day before if his teacher mentioned anything to them (becos I learnt that from some parents' sharing here). Then, he told me the teacher had asked the class if anyone had interest in participating the poem contest, but my kid didn't put up his hand (btw, he said only a few classmates had put up their hands). And yesterday, when I wrote the request on the handbook to participate the contest, the teacher replied that the application deadline had been dued, and we have to wait for next time.  I was a bit disappointed with how the teacher arranged this kind of activities.  The school of my elder kid would sent all parents a notice to ask if their kids want to participate the music or poem contest. I think it is a more fair practice.

52#
發表於 09-9-11 23:43 |只看該作者
hi,Chess,
My son was also selected for the same thing, hope they don't need to stay after school for too long as it may affect their time to finish homewrok (although not a lot now).
原帖由 Chess 於 09-9-10 23:41 發表
Hi ahtan

http://www.studio123.hk/onlinealbum/2008-02-03/preston.html

53#
發表於 09-9-12 00:02 |只看該作者
Hi Lydia,

Don't worry! My son told me that the practice would be done on Mondays and Wednesdays during the "導修" lesson within school hours, not after school.

Up to date, fortunately my son could finish all homework in school.

原帖由 LydiaWong 於 09-9-11 23:43 發表
hi,Chess,
My son was also selected for the same thing, hope they don't need to stay after school for too long as it may affect their time to finish homewrok (although not a lot now).

54#
發表於 09-9-12 00:36 |只看該作者
Hi CSW,

I understand how you feel.  My son did not put up his hands either.  I felt a bit angry, not at the school but my son.  He knew very well that I would like him to join.  In fact I had enrolled him in many verse speaking competitions since he was K1, and he got pretty good results almost every time.  

I agree that the arrangement might have been more welcomed if all parents were notified in advance of the selection and allowed to show interest.  However, given the fact that the school administration and teachers might be very busy preparing the term start, it may be unfair to put the blame on any party.  

Besides, I think the school and the teachers did not want to push students to participate in competitions, particulay at a time when the P1 students may have pressure in adapting themselves to the new school environment.  

原帖由 CSW 於 09-9-11 23:40 發表
Skateboard,
I understand your point, and I am not trying to force my kid to learn any instrument unless he has great interest in it. But I was just hoping if all the kids can be offered a chance, it w ...

55#
發表於 09-9-13 10:42 |只看該作者
Regarding the parent-child reading scheme, how many books do we have to finish?
80 Chinese + 80 English for the whole P1?

Pls kindly advise. Thanks.

56#
發表於 09-9-14 20:34 |只看該作者
I think the total number of books are 80, including Eng and Chin.

My son is sick today and the school told me there are 8 students absent in his class today. Hope the kids are fine and there won't be an outbreak.
http://www.studio123.hk/onlinealbum/2008-02-03/preston.html

57#
發表於 09-9-14 22:18 |只看該作者
Take good care of the little prince.:)

原帖由 LydiaWong 於 09-9-14 20:34 發表

My son is sick today and the school told me there are 8 students absent in his class today. Hope the kids are fine and there won't b ...

58#
發表於 09-9-14 23:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 LydiaWong 於 09-9-14 20:34 發表

My son is sick today and the school told me there are 8 students absent in his class today. Hope the kids are fine and there won't b ...

That's a pretty scary number. 8 kids out of 30 are sick...The notice that we got on Fri said if more then 3 kids are having sick leave, they will give masks to all the kids in class. Did they do that with your son's class? My son didn't mention he had to wear mask today....I will prepare masks for him to wear then. Thank you for your information.

59#
發表於 09-9-15 13:43 |只看該作者
我個女本手冊寫住要帶mask回校!

原帖由 ahtan 於 09-9-14 23:38 發表

That's a pretty scary number. 8 kids out of 30 are sick...The notice that we got on Fri said if more then 3 kids are having sick leave, they will give masks to all the kids in class. Did they do tha ...

60#
發表於 09-9-15 15:35 |只看該作者
我小朋友o個班有10個冇返學..
原帖由 ahtan 於 09-9-14 23:38 發表

That's a pretty scary number. 8 kids out of 30 are sick...The notice that we got on Fri said if more then 3 kids are having sick leave, they will give masks to all the kids in class. Did they do tha ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題