用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單     [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

281#
發表於 13-1-11 08:59 |顯示全部帖子
felmic 發表於 13-1-10 12:51
Hi Ian,

你好!我有一個難題不知如果選擇好,可以給我一些意見嗎?
In case you missed the answer by other member, you can only apply K1 due to the age requirement by those kindergarten.  Of course, you never know if they will change again.

Good luck!

Ian

醒目開學勳章

282#
發表於 13-1-13 10:15 |顯示全部帖子
回復 mamajelly 的帖子
Questions on Primary schools
•        For Discretionary Places Allocation, Catholics got 5 marks for Catholic schools. Does it apply to 1 parent only? Or does it require 2 parents + the kid to be Catholics as well?

This is by discretion on each school, so the only way to find out is to contact the school directly.  Some schools require the kid to be baptized while some schools may only need one of the parents being baptized.

•        If the kid already got a seat in Discretionary Places Allocation, he/she will be excluded from Central Allocation, right?

Yes, this is automatic as the policy is any kids should have only one seat.  Once they registered the seat at Discretionary Places stage, then they won't be able to participate in the Central Allocation stage.  The only way is NOT TO REGISTER even though a seat was allocated.  Then this will be treated as the kid has no seats.

•        If the kid already got a seat in DSS or private schools, she won’t be eligible for Central Allocation. But how about Discretionary Places Allocation. Is the kid still eligible?

Sorry for the long list of questions. Just answer me when you feel like it. Many thanks!

I think there are couple misunderstanding:
(1) Once register with a DSS (not private school), then the kid cannot get any seats from the Primary One Admission System (including both Discretionary Places & Central Allocation Stages);
(2) Registration with a private school doesn't exclude a kid to receive a seat from  the Primary One Admission System (including both Discretionary Places & Central Allocation Stages), however, some private schools will cancel the previous registration with them if parents signed the undertaking to give up such doing.

Hope this is clear to you.

Ian

醒目開學勳章

283#
發表於 13-1-13 10:18 |顯示全部帖子
mamajelly 發表於 13-1-8 17:11
One more thing. For St Paul Nursery (CWB) VS St Paul Convent Kindergarten (CWB), do they stand an eq ...
Supposedly the same.......    but worth note taking is headmistress of SPN is also the supervisor of SPCS (Primary).  But this may not imply anything as these arrangement within a Catholic organization will change every so often.

醒目開學勳章

284#
發表於 13-1-18 09:26 |顯示全部帖子
babychinglok 發表於 13-1-15 13:23
甘我想問下,我BB 2010年 born ,甘係米即係唔關我事架啦?
I am sorry, which one are you referring to exactly?

If you are talking about the linkage to private primary schools, it is always depending upon the school own policy.

If you are talking about the linkage to feeder/nominated secondary schools, as of now it is not relevant to you.  However, if EDB decides to change again, then you may have good news!

點評

babychinglok  ,THANK YOU  發表於 13-1-19 12:00

醒目開學勳章

285#
發表於 13-1-18 09:37 |顯示全部帖子
florence.lau 發表於 13-1-16 12:58
Ian

Thanks for your time and effort in answering questions from "question-mothers" like me. It is d ...
I think first of all, if you are interested in schools like DBSPD or YWPS, putting your son in any particular kindergarten wouldn't help you.  It's just an impression that many parents like to have that some kindergartens would help their children entering certain schools.  However, in reality is, parents who are interested in some popular primary schools, are particular interested to put their children into certain kindergartens.  As a result, you have only relatively more students from these kindergartens entering into those primary schools.  That's all!

I think when I said I don't have much information on Raimondi, it's because it is indeed so new, after reopening for just 1.5 years now, I usually wouldn't want to comment about them.  It's because this is a natural fact that they won't be running it smoothly.  It's because even though many teachers are experienced themselves, the kindergarten itself will need time to establish their teaching philosophy among the teachers and the parents.  This is not something which can be done within one year, as you always have only one chance to try certain things and you could only try again in next year.  This is how a school operate.  So, I wouldn't like to give comments as I need to respect the kindergarten's effort while they are trying to set things right.

So I really cannot provide you any suggestion as I have implied my insight on how you can make your further analysis.  At the end, choosing the right school is a personal thing so my role is to help parents look at things from a more comprehensive perspective and make a better choice.

Good luck!

Ian

點評

florence.lau  Thanks Ian. That's very true. Your answer has already given me some direction. Thanks a lot.  發表於 13-1-18 09:43

醒目開學勳章

286#
發表於 13-1-24 09:36 |顯示全部帖子
中小學結龍死綫 或無限期押後

(星島日報報道)教育局原定所有聯繫及直屬關係的學校,須在二○一五年五月「死綫」前表態結為一條龍學校,否則須解除聯繫及直屬關係。本報獲悉,教育局委託顧問機構進行的研究報告,傾向維持直屬及聯繫制度,當局將重新諮詢,結龍「死綫」或無限期押後。有直屬私小的中學校長坦言,「一刀切」要求學校結為一條龍,只會導致聯繫及直屬中小學拆夥,不符合家長與教育界期望。

當局前年把結龍「死綫」延後至一五年五月,並委託顧問機構,研究本港學校直屬、聯繫及一條龍等模式的成效。據悉報告已於去年十月完成,提出多項建議,傾向維持聯繫及直屬學校制度,即扣除自行分配學額及重讀生學額後,直屬中學可為其直屬小學保留最多八成半學額,聯繫中學則可保留最多兩成半學額予聯繫小學,其餘學額用作統一派位。

消息指,報告認為聯繫及直屬制度行之有效,不宜大幅改變。隨著中學教學語言「微調」政策實施,若「一刀切」要求聯繫及直屬學校,改為直升中一的一條龍學校,將導致結龍中學學習差異拉大,尤其開設英文班的地區名校及傳統英中,取錄第一組別學生比例將會下跌,或因不符合開班條件而被逼「落車」。

現時官立中學均有聯繫官小,如皇仁書院與軒尼詩道官立小學等有聯繫關係。消息指,經過自願減班及減派爭議後,當局意識到改變升中制度,容易引起家長強烈反彈,加上教育界意見分歧,研究把結龍「死綫」無限期押後,但同時讓有意開辦「一條龍」的學校申請結龍。

報告亦肯定一條龍模式為學生帶來益處,但認為要全港貫徹落實,須時間累積及總結經驗。在維持現狀原則下,據悉報告建議當局加強資源,支援一條龍學校照顧學生個別差異。

至於當局規定結龍學校須「津貼對津貼」、「資助對資助」的模式則傾向保留,以確保教育資源公平分配。

培正中學校長葉賜添對報告傾向維持現狀表示歡迎,認為有助維持本港中學收生的多元模式。培正中學作為津校,若與直屬的私小培正小學結為一條龍,意味該校必須轉制直資。葉賜添坦言,直資恐令培正貴族化,破壞該校辦學理念,而津校轉制直資不止面對教師公積金的難題,更憂慮削弱學生競爭力,「一條龍改變現行制度,最終只是逼培正中小學『斷龍』,不符合家長與學校意願」。

教育局回應指,正考慮有關研究的建議,今年稍後時間將諮詢持份者的意見,以決定一條龍、直繫及聯繫學校的未來路向。

點評

rabbit1806   教育局嘅政策, 令我想起羅文一首歌 :" 知否世事常變, 變幻原是永恆...."  發表於 13-1-24 10:23

醒目開學勳章

287#
發表於 13-3-24 10:26 |顯示全部帖子
myhappybb 發表於 13-2-19 11:53
iantsang:

多謝你的資料.
The information was suggested by parents of True Light Caine Road this year.  

The importance is not whether the school commit to take all students or not.  The key is whether the primary school has the capacity to take all the kindergarten students if all of them choose to apply.  In the case of True Light, their primary school doesn't have the capacity to take all of their students.

點評

myhappybb  Thanks, Ian~  發表於 13-3-27 17:25
‹ 上一主題|下一主題