用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
發新帖
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單     [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-9-23 22:42 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks Ian for the information.  I am a father as well.  Would you please comment on the Victoria (Belcher) Kindergarten?  It stresses the implementation of IB (國際文憑) curriculum. What are your comment about the pros & cons in studying kindergartens like this one?  I know there are some more kindgergartens implementing IB, but all are international schools with costs over $4000 - $7000 per month.  Such an expensive study.

2#
發表於 09-9-23 22:45 |顯示全部帖子
DSS = 直接資助計劃 Direct Subsidy Scheme

Reference: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?langno=2&nodeID=173

3#
發表於 09-9-24 13:35 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for your advice esp. it was at 1:00 at night.

You remind me to cost of paying such fee for the next 10 - 20 years.

By the way, the more I study the education system in HK, the more I think the HK government is shifting the system to a market approach, meaning supply / demand, improvement by market force etc.  DSS is a typcial example.  It seems to me that they are doing similar thing with what they are doing in Medical system.

Anyway, thanks for your information.  I would also apply for 根德園 and 培正 as well.

4#
發表於 09-9-26 23:42 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Ian,

Just read your post and I got a sense that you felt that KV was a kindergarten that was not activity-based.  Well from my knowledge, KV does teach much academic knowledge, but they teach in a way that let children love to learn, which is the way KV becomes popular.  Actually, I am also struggling between activity-based and academic-driven approaches.  I incline to KV because for me it takes the academic-driven approach in a interactive way that makes children love to learn.  Please correct me if I am anything wrong.

Other parents please feel free to comment as well.

Thanks!

5#
發表於 09-9-27 20:28 |顯示全部帖子
In parallel !? One kindergarten in the morning and one in the afternoon!?  Am I wrong!?  I never thought of it before.

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-26 23:55 發表
Hi jaspachate,

I guess all the kindergartens would have some sort of activites anyway.  I guess in my mind what I meant by activity-based are those kindergartens which emphasize less on traditional t ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題