用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單     [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

81#
發表於 09-12-19 00:36 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Mommy-Maggie,

I think it is better to wait for PC and KRS results before you make the decision.  Frankly, although the primary school location will determine which district the secondary selection will be.  But if your child is academically strong enough, they won't be limited to the same district just like the draw for primary school so I don't think it is a must to consider that too soon now.

Hope this help.

Ian

原帖由 Mommy-Maggie 於 09-12-18 18:43 發表
hi Ian, I love reading your posts very much!!  you really help us a lot.  Thanks x 100,...,000.

I have an question need your help.

Currently, my son has two offers - TT & MS.  And he will go for the ...

醒目開學勳章

82#
發表於 09-12-22 23:37 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Nicole123,

I didn't really study hard on this matter but I recall reading something about changing district for secondary school selection but I have no details to advise you.  But I think there's a possibility for it but you may need to search through the relevant forums for more information.  Good luck!

Ian

原帖由 NICOLE123 於 09-12-19 18:46 發表
其實我都想問下升中係唔係一定跟學校既網架
可唔可以要求轉去住果個網既呢
如果可以又有無分別架?

THANKS!!!!!!!

醒目開學勳章

83#
發表於 09-12-22 23:39 |顯示全部帖子
hi gl,

In general I would prefer St. Clare's over Kau Yan.  For Kau Yan, it is more activity learning model and you will need to look for other secondary schools (and likely many may not choose their primary too).  For St. Clare's, you would have at least a solid backup and look for more 3 years later and they have pretty good environment for English training which appeals to many parents nowadays.

Ian

原帖由 gl 於 09-12-19 19:27 發表
HI, Ian

想問下你, 現救恩及st clare's 都收左我個女, 但這兩間的討論都很少, 請你給些意見啦, 多謝!

醒目開學勳章

84#
發表於 09-12-22 23:41 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Mommy-Maggie,

I personally leave that option for secondary school for my children to make their own choice.  Since kids nowadays should be mature enough when they reach that age and realize what path they would be looking for.

Ian

原帖由 Mommy-Maggie 於 09-12-22 14:51 發表

thanks much!! Ian.
Agree, it may too early to think about the secondary school.  
We also cannot tell and predict the child's personality & academic performance in these 9 years.

醒目開學勳章

85#
發表於 09-12-24 16:53 |顯示全部帖子
I think neither St. Clare's nor Kau Yau will have such issues of too difficult so no need to worry about it.

Merry x'mas!

原帖由 gl 於 09-12-23 15:56 發表
多謝ian呀, 不過真是很難下決定, 怕學校程度太深或管得太嚴, 到時小孩不愿意上學就煩啦...

醒目開學勳章

86#
發表於 09-12-24 17:44 |顯示全部帖子
Precious Blood is a good kindergarten which many people like and there are really not much inputs from Kau Yau parents to know more about their primary school.  I think both primary are still fine but would recommend to consider other secondary schools.

救恩有聯系中學匯基, however, 聯系 only reserves very few places (25% after about 65%, around 10-20 places) for Kau Yau primary.

原帖由 enahau 於 09-12-24 17:18 發表

iantsang:
唔好意思,我囡囡被寶血同救恩錄取咗,請問若係你你會點揀?救恩唔係有聯系中學匯基可以直升咩?

醒目開學勳章

87#
發表於 10-1-1 12:22 |顯示全部帖子
Hi deniselau,

Sorry for the late reply as I have been focused on some urgent matters during the holiday and unable to attend my old thread.

Is your young one also a girl?  In your message you didn't mention your long term plan as in where will they be studying for primary school.  Have you start to think of that yet?

The reason to clarify this is if you are planning to stay in Tung Chung for primary school (thru lottery) then no need to travel too far for kindergarten.

On the other hand, if you are considering studying in private or direct subsidized schools for primary, then the consideration will be much different.  Do you have any extra points for your elder daughter on her future primary application?  e.g. you are old girl of same primary, or same religion with the primary school?

Happy New Year and keep leave me message or PM me if you have anything don't wanna disclose in  public.  I check my PM from time to time.

Ian

原帖由 deniselau 於 09-12-28 16:05 發表
Dear Ian

Read thru all the information you shared and you are so great and informative !!  Very helpful for all the parents in preparing the kinder for their kids.

I live in Tung Chung and the choic ...

醒目開學勳章

88#
發表於 10-1-17 16:55 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks, I think I have posted this information in my thread earlier.

For further update, the EDB has been discussing with those gov't aided secondary schools which have private primary (feeder) schools to determine the best approach on an individual basis.  (Meaning 中、小學必須屬於同一類別的資助模式 may not be necessary)

Until the resolutions are announced, will be unfair to the parents where no definite information on the relationships are available to the public.

原帖由 路人甲2012 於 10-1-8 14:14 發表
政府改革教育建議『一條龍』 辦學模式相關重點, 家長必看!!

「一條龍」辦學模式是教育統籌委員會(教統會)在2000年9月發表的《香港教育制度改革建議》報告書中提出的其中一項改革建議,而該建議已在同年10月的行政長 ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-1-17 16:56 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

89#
發表於 10-1-17 23:52 |顯示全部帖子
Actually if learning English is a major priority, then between KV and York, the choice must be York.  Of course KV's training is good for Direct Subsidized schools, but they are less focused on English if compare to York.  I like them both as they are two of the kindergartens in my favorite list last year.

You said "TARGET傳統小學" but usually traditional schools are not 直資, so which type you preferred more?  Or you mean traditional ones which turn DSS (e.g. St. Paul's Co-ed, DBS, DGS, etc.)?

原帖由 Virginia105 於 10-1-17 18:54 發表
你好, 多謝你的分享。
囡囡而家係屋企樓下的國際校讀緊N1, 因為我想佢細細個聽多啲同學多啲英文, 但係我TARGET傳統小學, 而家KV & YORK收了囡囡, 如果想學好英文又考直資時, 請問應怎樣選擇呢? ...

醒目開學勳章

90#
發表於 10-1-18 00:00 |顯示全部帖子
Both are good schools and I believe usually people would prefer St. Rose of Lima's over Pooi To for their primary and secondary section.

However, Pooi To's primary section is private school and their principal of kindergarten and primary is the same person so they can provide a better backup if you are not (1) having over 20-25 points for primary allocation nor (2) living in a district with your target primary school.

So if you need a backup for primary then I would suggest Pooi To.

Ian

原帖由 sidneychan 於 10-1-17 22:50 發表
Dear Ian:
唔好意思,想請教一下,我囡囡同時被培道同聖羅撒取錄咗,請問你會點揀?同點解?

培道    : a.m. Class
聖羅撒 : 8/2 註冊先知

萬分感激!!!

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-1-18 14:10 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

91#
發表於 10-1-18 15:01 |顯示全部帖子
Hi owenip,

I believe both schools have good preparation for DSS, where 宣幼 will have more emphasis on language training, and 浸幼 may be better to establish the interest of learning to attend those really creative programs.  So, you may need to ask which kind of DSS is your cup of tea and decide accordingly.

Ian

原帖由 owenip 於 10-1-18 13:58 發表
Ian,

Can you share your views on 宣幼 versus 浸幼,my target Primary School is DSS.

many thanks

醒目開學勳章

92#
發表於 10-1-19 03:51 |顯示全部帖子
Any special expectations for his future 10 years in HK as you mentioned he will be sent to Australia by that time?  Would you need some non-local style study or still prefer traditional program?  

Personally I don't feel necessary to make the transition too early as I believe the kids can adjust.  Also, as parents we should help them through this process.

St. Margret's is a good kindergarten.  Any concerns on primary school path?

原帖由 良民 於 10-1-18 15:25 發表
Hi iantsang,

想請教您的寶貴意見!        
小兒今年K1am study at Lingnan (n-k1 in hk study, his cantonese is better now due to 0-1 1/2 in australia he is good for english but we also talk with him in cantonese ...

醒目開學勳章

93#
發表於 10-1-19 03:53 |顯示全部帖子
What is TTKGPS?  Tsung Tsin?

原帖由 Mommy-Maggie 於 10-1-18 16:37 發表
Dear Ian
My son has an offer from
1. MS ;
2. TTKGPS ;
3. KRS

And we are now waiting for the result from PC.
In fact, I am looking for a KG which could provide
1. a happy KG life
2. an interesting ...

醒目開學勳章

94#
發表於 10-1-19 03:58 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Virginia105,

You are not mixed up, but since there are so many DSS schools so I need to make sure which kind of them are you referring to.

For SFA, definitely should choose KV since SFA has strong preferences on KV graduates.

I think KV was fine for GH too but since GH has re-open their own kindergarten now, the chances of getting into GH can be an unknown.  But I think KV is still a better choice.

For DGJS, I guess the normal suggestion would be to try CCKG for K2 (they have no K1) or St. Catherine's.  I feel York is a good alternative to St. Cat. but if you stay with KV and supplement with more English training outside then it would be even better.

Ian

原帖由 Virginia105 於 10-1-18 23:15 發表
Hi, Ian,

Sorry, 原來我混淆了......
其實將來想幫囡囡報考德望, DGS, SFA...等等(這些是叫直資嗎? 有錯請糾正, 因真的不太清楚).......我當初幫囡囡報考幼稚園時, 忽略了一條龍的幼稚園, 真的很失策.....
另外, 我 ...

醒目開學勳章

95#
發表於 10-1-19 17:27 |顯示全部帖子
Do you have a preference on boys school only?  I think the list of primary schools you have listed are all quite good and can be very competitive.  Do you have any knowledge that the primary selection process is very different nowadays?  Basically you don't have the freedom to choose to apply to many schools nowadays so you need to be careful with that.

I suggest you visit this link to learn more about primary schools available:
http://chsc.edb.hkedcity.net/primary/index.php?lang=c

And the application method:
http://www.chsc.hk/primary/tc/app_method_a.htm

For the case of St. Paul's College (Boys), it is now a direct subsidized school so it can be apply directly.  Also, Raimondi is a private primary school and they have also changed to co-educational so not sure if you husband prefers his old school while they have girl students now.

Ian

原帖由 良民 於 10-1-19 09:43 發表
Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply first!

We also want my son to know more chinese history, culture and can write & read. Due to daddy and me got a job in HK and second boy was coming soon. Not any speci ...

醒目開學勳章

96#
發表於 10-1-19 17:28 |顯示全部帖子
Based on your preferences, I would recommend TT since it fits your descriptions better.

原帖由 Mommy-Maggie 於 10-1-19 15:16 發表

Dear Ian, you're right.  thanks!!

醒目開學勳章

97#
發表於 10-1-19 17:31 |顯示全部帖子
Hi sansan2008,

Do you mean all KV, SC and KM are in waiting list?

If the above are all waiting list and assume no further changes, then I would choose St. Nicholas out of the three you currently have offers.

Ian

原帖由 sansan2008 於 10-1-19 12:17 發表
Hi Ian,

You know so much about KG.  Can you kindly give me some comment?

I have an active daughter and I am aiming for private primary schools in 3 years time.  She has applied for many KG but only  ...

醒目開學勳章

98#
發表於 10-1-19 17:35 |顯示全部帖子
Hi HeiJanice, if I remember correctly, you are my neighbour right?  I am not sure if we met eventually in the park.  Please accept my apology if I can't recognize you in-person since I do have people suddenly say hello to me from time to time.  Very sorry.

Why you worry about giving up KV?  Are you targeting SFA?  And actually I remember you prefer St. Paul's Church and I think it is a good kindergarten for boys.  Do not worry too much about the transportation now.  Often time need to wait until August to sort out the nanny bus so no ones will confirm with you now.  If you really like this school, then just stay with it and you will find nanny bus later.  I had this experience last year and really not much you can do now except find more nanny bus contacts first and they will reply you months later.

Good luck!

Ian

原帖由 HeiJanice 於 10-1-19 12:55 發表
Ian, i gave up KV offer and now, a bit worry... sigh...
My son got offers from St Cat/KV/Soka/StPaulChurch and is waiting for Pui Ching's result. I gave up KV already and don't know how to choose, an ...

醒目開學勳章

99#
發表於 10-1-19 22:52 |顯示全部帖子
If you like more training on Chinese and particularly PTH, then Pooi To will be more suitable since they have a long history of Chinese teaching.

I think both schools' students are good in manner but personally I prefer Catholic schools.  Also, I think the primary school is slightly more academic oriented at St. Rose compare to Pooi To since Pooi To first two years are activity based learning.

I think you need 20 points at least for St. Rose.

原帖由 sidneychan 於 10-1-19 21:56 發表
Dear Ian,

咁你覺得培道小學有邊方面好呢?
培道小學有什麼地方不及聖羅撒小學?
15分入聖羅撒是否冇可以呢?
唔好意思咁多問題,謝謝回覆

醒目開學勳章

100#
發表於 10-1-21 03:25 |顯示全部帖子
Hi doramich,

Based on your expectations, I believe Victoria would probably provide you the suitable environment for your child.  TT would also be an option too, depends on which area in HK your family will be staying.

For primary study, those criteria you stated would probably be found in DSS type school only so you may start look for those information after you come to HK.

All the best!

Ian

原帖由 doramich 於 10-1-20 00:00 發表
Hi Ian,
  I am new here and really appreciate all the information you have posted about HK education system. Our family will be relocating to HK from the U.S. in Spring. My daughter was admitted to Vi ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題