用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
發新帖
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單     [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-9-29 12:29 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-29 01:39 發表
直屬/聯繫學校決定是否結龍的時序及有關安排如下:

學校最遲於2012年5月31日決定是否結龍:

(1) 不結龍 - 至2018/19學年為止,學校仍可採用直屬/聯繫學校的升中安排,收取中一學生(即最後一批循直屬/聯繫學校升中安排的學 ...

iantsang,

million thanks for your kindness to organize and explain this in details to parents here. your hard work and kindness is deeply appreciated. :)

given the new language policy (微調), i believe that most "grant schools" will not have such a strong reservation  to 結龍  as before (still remember the 脫龍 incident of St. Mark?).  u may be interested in the Mingpao news in Feb "毋懼落車 英中積極考慮結龍 微調方案打破二分法 不怕成績受累轉中中" ([url]http://hk.news.yahoo.com/article/090204/4/aisv.html[/url])

this should be a gd news to parents of 07 babies (and also 06 big boys/girls, as u cleverly pointed out) as the choices of "through-train" should be more :)

this indeed is a v. important news. once again, thank you very much :)

2#
發表於 09-9-29 14:05 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-29 12:58 發表
Most importantly, must note that famous secondary schools will always have high demand so it is not necessary for them to join the primary section to ensure quality.  They will be better off without the one-dragon and select high quality students from all applications.  Of course, the trade off is they need to start to educate them with the school values again.  So, this is a decision that will be made differently by different schools, and affect our children

ian,

concur w/ you. my husband is teaching in one of the grant schools w/o "one-dragon" primary school and the school still (at least) maintains accepting kids of band 1 (100%).

apart from "violation" of the original "辦學理念", financial situation of the parents is also a consideration in whether to change to DSS.  In addition, unlike subsided schools, DSS needs to take care of some "additional" charges, like 斜坡 examination and maintainence fee.

3#
發表於 09-9-29 14:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-29 14:13 發表
hi bakusensai,

the reason you mentioned prevents many gov't aided schools to turn to DSS!  Especially those in HK islands, where the annual maintenance fees are hugh!

Of course, at least I k ...

yes, unbelievably huge!

the dilemma is:
- 辦學團體 may ve reservation to change to DSS owing to consideration of financial situation of the parents and whether restricting kids "less financially equipped" is violating their 辦學理念
- the principal may be in favour of changing to DSS as they will ve "better" control on "selection of kids", "management on the staff" and much more flexibility, etc
- teachers and other working staff may not be too keen to change to DSS as their salary may no longer follow the MPS scale. but some may  enjoy that as some DSS (like LA)provide more support to teachers on "admin work" and the teachers can focus more on teaching

- parents: those so-called "more financially equipped" may be in favour of more DSS as the choices will be more but those "less financially equipped" may ve grave concerns on more and more schools change to DSS.
- EDB: i guess should be in great favour of that as this can greatly help to "cap" the expenses.

really curious on the outcome :)

4#
發表於 09-12-2 15:38 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 iantsang 於 09-11-29 01:09 發表
Banding is no longer public information since few years ago as releasing such information is prohibited by the Education Bureau.  Unfortunately I don't work for them so I wouldn't have access to them  ...

原帖由 iantsang
09-11-29 01:09 發表

Banding is no longer public information since few years ago as releasing such information is prohibited by the Education Bureau.  Unfortunately I don't work for them so I wouldn't have access to them  ...

agree. it's not meaningful to compare the "banding" of the schools and actually "banding" is not applied to school but to students.

btw, fatpool, in case u r interested in the academic performance of the two schools, u may check their latest school report at

GH

http://www.ghs.edu.hk/plans_reports/Annual_School_report_08-09.pdf?bcsi_scan_3DEEF8B2B86C9048=0&bcsi_scan_filename=Annual_School_report_08-09.pdf

SH
http://www.shcc.edu.hk/info/report0910/report.pdf

hope the above can help.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題