用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 English Standard of SPK v.s. SHCK (聖心)
查看: 3985|回覆: 30
go

English Standard of SPK v.s. SHCK (聖心) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-9-22 00:17 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My girl is 02/07 and currently I am applying 2010/2011 K1 for her. As I am not very familiar with schools on HK Island (coz moved to HK Island only after marriage), can any parents give me some comments?

Personally I really like "ONE DRAGON" schools, however, I also have big concern about the English standard of my girl. Knowing that SPK / SHCK are dream schools of many parents basically because they are ONE DRAGON, may I ask about the ENGLISH STANDARD of these schools?

Please help! Thank!!!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-9-22 11:27 |只看該作者

回覆 1# esther.cy 的文章

Hi Esther,

Both schools are of good standard, very good school, from kinder, primary to secondary. I have friends' kids studying in both schools. All are smart and good.

At this stage, I will suggest you to apply both schools first, and no need to worry now. Choose when you have the results being admitted by both schools.

3#
發表於 09-9-22 13:53 |只看該作者
聖心會收細女多d, 唔知你個係大B定細B

4#
發表於 09-9-22 18:04 |只看該作者
My B is a big girl, as said, 0207. But the teaching medium of both SPK and SHCK is Cantonese, right? Do you have NET?? I have no doubt in their academic performance as they both are very famous schools in HK, but I just worry about their English standards.

Grateful if you could share some more info about their during of English class each day, etc.

Thanks again!!!

5#
發表於 09-9-22 18:42 |只看該作者
SPK - no NET.  So it is not fair to compare the English standards with those KG with NET.  Yet SPK does have English lesson every day, and the teachers try hard to communicate with the students in English.

SHCK - it seems they have NET, but not every day.  As my kid is not studying in SHCK, I cannot give further comments about it.

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

6#
發表於 09-9-22 19:36 |只看該作者
聽講spk教得並唔深, 以幼稚園黎比較亦唔公平..........spk英文唔深姐, 上到小學中學夠叻咪得lor!
原帖由 mwssdwbw 於 09-9-22 06:42 PM 發表
SPK - no NET.  So it is not fair to compare the English standards with those KG with NET.  Yet SPK does have English lesson every day, and the teachers try hard to communicate with the students in Eng ...

7#
發表於 09-9-23 13:39 |只看該作者
Yup, know that the English standard is good for their primary & secondary schools, but just worry if they can enter into their kindergarten but fail to promote directly to their primary school, then they cannot catch up the English level of other good schools.

醒目開學勳章

8#
發表於 09-9-23 14:29 |只看該作者
My daughter is in SHCK (NC class = K1) this year.  They have at least 4 days per week of English lessons with NET.

And if you really concern about English standard, the best way will probabaly be to arrange extra lessons outside of kindergarten.  It is very difficult to compare the English standard of two kindergartens and as many parents said it might not be fair.

原帖由 mwssdwbw 於 09-9-22 18:42 發表
SPK - no NET.  So it is not fair to compare the English standards with those KG with NET.  Yet SPK does have English lesson every day, and the teachers try hard to communicate with the students in Eng ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-9-23 15:45 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 09-9-23 15:00 |只看該作者
I do agree with iantsang, if you concern English standard, the best way is to go out and take extra courses.

The programs of both kinders can cope well with their primary standard, no need to worry.

For girls, these two are the dream kindergartens for most parents.

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-23 14:29 發表
My daughter is in SHCK (NC class = K1) this year.  They have at least 4 days per week with English lessons and use NET.

And if you really concern about English standard, the best way will probabaly b ...

醒目開學勳章

10#
發表於 09-9-23 18:22 |只看該作者
sorry, i don't understand what is 'NET'.

11#
發表於 09-9-23 18:38 |只看該作者
native English teacher
原帖由 bonnie_chan 於 23-9-2009 18:22 發表
sorry, i don't understand what is 'NET'.

醒目開學勳章

12#
發表於 09-9-23 18:46 |只看該作者
oh. ic Thanks

13#
發表於 09-9-24 17:46 |只看該作者
Thanks for the comment from Ian & bb@wonderland.

Ian, I have read your articles / information about kindergartens under another topics, it is really useful, thanks!

Actually I am more or less the same as you, with 2 girls and the little one will go to PN next year. But only that my big girl is 02/07, so she is still in PN but I am thinking to apply for SPK and SHCK tis year. Seems that SPK and SHCK are the dream schools of parents who have a princess / princesses on HK Island.

Could you please share your interview experience at SHCK K1 last year? Thanks a lot.

醒目開學勳章

14#
發表於 09-9-24 23:47 |只看該作者
Hi esther.cy,

You can refer to my post early this year after the interview.  There are also posts from other parents in that thread.

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1693623&extra=page%3D4#

Hope it helps you!

原帖由 esther.cy 於 09-9-24 17:46 發表
Thanks for the comment from Ian & bb@wonderland.

Ian, I have read your articles / information about kindergartens under another topics, it is really useful, thanks!

Actually I am more or less the s ...

15#
發表於 09-9-25 00:57 |只看該作者
Can I choose the language of  interview or is the interview conducted in Cantonese? My girl is strong in English (coz both myself and helper speaker to her in English) and her cantonese is not very good. Worry if she can manage interview at SHCK :(

醒目開學勳章

16#
發表於 09-9-25 01:05 |只看該作者
The interview at SHCK is in Cantonese.  As for some kindergartens, you may request to have the interview conducted in English.  However, you must note the medium of instruction will still be Cantonese.

Actually I have known mothers from bk who also have such concern and at the end, they both decided to give up SHCK and attend international kindergarten.  I think you need to make this decision since those with primary schools related mostly use Cantonese to teach.

原帖由 esther.cy 於 09-9-25 00:57 發表
Can I choose the language of  interview or is the interview conducted in Cantonese? My girl is strong in English (coz both myself and helper speaker to her in English) and her cantonese is not very go ...

17#
發表於 09-9-25 19:11 |只看該作者
Ian,

As my husband already say NO to international school, and I concern their English standard so much, this is the reason why I need to think very carefully about my choice.

Many thanks again for your help!!!

Esther

醒目開學勳章

18#
發表於 09-9-25 22:45 |只看該作者
Hi esther.cy,

May be you can consider Good Hope.  I just read the post from another bk mom today that they have finally publish the application information.  They said won't have voucher so likely they will try to have more freedom on the teaching method.  If that's the case, I will suspect they will have more focus on English, since their primary section' medium of instruction is English.

My wife and I also don't like international school so we also have not considered that.

Ian

原帖由 esther.cy 於 09-9-25 19:11 發表
Ian,

As my husband already say NO to international school, and I concern their English standard so much, this is the reason why I need to think very carefully about my choice.

Many thanks again for  ...

19#
發表於 09-9-27 00:42 |只看該作者
Esther,

Just surfed by; my daughter has just graduated from SH Kingergarten so I think I could share some experience.  At first when I chose SH Kindergarten, I believed that its English standard is really good because I heard that SH Private Primary School's English classes are 1- year advanced.  Yet I found that relative to other subjects, English is the subject which I found was not particularly outstanding, and I believe the english standards for international schools (and schools like CCKG) will most likely be higher than SHK's.   My younger son just got into Sheng Kung Hui Kindergarten this year and comparing the 2 kinders' english cirriculum, I think SKH's is more systematic and comprehensive, which further confirmed my belief that there is room for improvement for SHK's english cirriculum.

Yet please don't take me that I think SHK is no good - quite the contrary, I think SHK is a very good kindergarten, good & caring teachers, close communication with parents, teaches the students good values, and academically, quite good in all subjects apart from english, in which I believe they could further improve.  That's why I let my daughter take english classes outside school, and that actually solved the issue.

I'm glad that I've let my daugther study at SHK, and my daughter herself was also happy to have graduated from SHK.

Ian,

Browsed through a few of your "analyses", pretty comprehensive and objective.  Great job!

原帖由 esther.cy 於 09-9-25 19:11 發表
Ian,

Many thanks again for  ...

醒目開學勳章

20#
發表於 09-9-27 02:40 |只看該作者
Hi Rary,

Thanks very much for the compliment!  Any suggestions for the external English courses which your daughter took to accompany SHCK?

Thanks/ Ian

原帖由 Rary 於 09-9-27 00:42 發表
Esther,

Just surfed by; my daughter has just graduated from SH Kingergarten so I think I could share some experience.  At first when I chose SH Kindergarten, I believed that its English standard is r ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題