搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 陳守仁 vs. 九龍塘小學
發新帖
查看: 4394|回覆: 2
go

陳守仁 vs. 九龍塘小學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-10-2 12:10 |顯示全部帖子
As parents, we should teach our kids to be open minded and in today's society, it's hard for me to imagine that someone, being parents themselves, can claim themselves to be "racist" - this can become a crimal offense under the racial discrimination ordinance. Do you expect your kids can only deal with people of their own race or selected race in their future society? From my personal experience from a kindergarten and primary school similar to TSL, I have always had an opened mind about different races and now my ex-classmates are all over the world, which in a way helped me in developing my international connectiions and benefited me both personally and professionally.

2#
發表於 09-10-2 14:51 |顯示全部帖子
The reality is that your kid won't keep on asking you about these "cultural questions" after seeing his/her classmates in schools every single day! They simply think this is natural and respect that different people of different origins have different culture ... isn't this what we want them to learn from school???

3#
發表於 09-10-2 15:15 |顯示全部帖子
If parents have a big concern about having their kids studying in a school with a multicultural environment, then I would urge them not to apply for TSL just because everybody does. It's no point when you don't believe in the school and it's unique characteristic. I'm glad that someone comes out to raise a concern when in fact many parents that have not been exposed to such an environment would probably feel the same as well, but they somehow still apply for TSL just because it's famous... that is sad!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題