用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
查看: 13334|回覆: 47
go

AISHK [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-10-20 21:27 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
my daughter is accepted by AISHK, can I have some opinions of this school?
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-10-21 08:20 |只看該作者
Hi elisabeth,

You might not be able to hear much response from this site as I find that most of the people here are ESF school related.

Just curious that why would ask for opinion now? But not before you apply for the school?

My son is in Reception this year and he is so looking forward to Prep. next year. What year would your child be joining the school?

If you ask for opinion on the school. I would say it is a very good school should you plan to send your child to Aus for tertiary study in the future.

原帖由 elisabeth 於 09-10-20 21:27 發表
my daughter is accepted by AISHK, can I have some opinions of this school?

3#
發表於 09-10-22 09:59 |只看該作者
Hi

Sounds strange nothing news regarding AISHK. We've been waiting almost 2-3 years and just obtained their offer. But my daughter sounds adapted her new secondary school life. We just wonder AISHK still running good and heard from some of my friends their Maths standard is far below the normal standard. Just headache whether worth to change.

4#
發表於 09-10-23 15:34 |只看該作者
Hi elisabeth,

Yes, as for this IS forum. This is definately dominated by ESF. I guess it has a lot to do with most of the other IS is rather hard to get it unless you are a citizen of the country concern.

As for the standard of their Maths in AIS. We, the parents were reassured by the school in the beginning of the year. One might think that their standard is low but it really depends on who you are comparing the school with.  I can tell you here that if you are comparing a student from a local school to most of the IS. You will have the same problem.
What it matters is the understanding of the fundamental theory.  I remember as for myself when I went to Aus many years ago. I also thought that I was so good in high school but then when it came to university. It was totally a different story.
Enclose a HSC result for year 2008. AIS is not in the top of the list. But it is certainly good enough for my child. Perhaps this will help you make your decision better.

http://www.education.net.a
u/blog/2008/12/hsc-2008-to
p-200-schools-in-nsw.html

Good luck.
... [url=]Read More[/url]
原帖由 elisabeth 於 09-10-22 09:59 發表
Hi

Sounds strange nothing news regarding AISHK. We've been waiting almost 2-3 years and just obtained their offer. But my daughter sounds adapted her new secondary school life. We just wonder AISHK s ...

[ 本帖最後由 happy_mum 於 09-10-23 15:37 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 09-10-25 22:34 |只看該作者
My daughter is in P4, what do you want to know?

6#
發表於 09-10-26 14:02 |只看該作者
Thanks happymum and happyfarm.

my daughter will switch to AISHK to study G7 for next January if we are accepted their offer. As we couldn't search any comments or any topic discussion of this school but we are happy to get their offer after waiting long long time. Asfar as I know their school disciplines is very good but we want to know whether they have any mandarin class and how about their homework, test and assessemnt every school term. Hope I can get more info for my girl.

原帖由 happyfarm 於 09-10-25 22:34 發表
My daughter is in P4, what do you want to know?

7#
發表於 09-10-27 14:27 |只看該作者
Personally, I believe AISHK is a very good school.   But there are of course some goods and bads

Let's talk about the goods first,

1./  A very efficient communication between school,  parents and students, teachers update all school activities to both parents and students by e-mails frequently.

2./ A lot of choices for after school activities, and fees are reasonable.   

3./ school campus is fully facilitated

4./ adequate size of classrooms and no of students.  my daughter class has 25 students.  I think the teacher and students ratio is very important, so the teacher can control the learinng spirit in class.

5./ some of the students are transfered from ESF, those parents talked to me that AISHK is more willing to accept parents suggestion and flexible.  Since ESF is gov't subsidized, they do not accept new ideas easily due to the complicated procedures.   

6./ nearly all students I met from AISHK have good manners in school and outside school.  

7./ teachers given out homework on mondays and due on fridays, no homework in the weekends. (only upto Y4, I don't know about the upper grades)

8./ students can choose australian curriculum or IB on their Y11, so the lower grade students start very young being trained to learn in IB path.  My daughter can do a project with presentation independently  

9./ western and asian are 50 :50

10./ They have Mandarin everyday and same grade students are indifferentiated into 3 level classes   

11./ according to the info from upper grades parents, the acadamic results of AISHK is high and students can easily get into good U overseas.

Lastly, the only bad to me is I do not plan to send my daughter to Australia for U, if she's  going to UK or US, there will be a half year gap between, due to the Australian special school year.

8#
發表於 09-10-27 16:59 |只看該作者
Many thanks happyfarm

your info very useful for me, btw, do u know what is ESL English class, do they have separate class??

9#
發表於 09-10-28 14:17 |只看該作者
AISHK has no ESL class, (english as second language) since fluent english is required to get into AISHK.  But if you think your kid is not so good in speaking english, I believe you have to do something to help.  My daughter has a classmate whose from local school gets into trouble.  As known kids from local school speak english with cantonese accent, and whenever she speaks, the other kids make fun with her.

10#
發表於 09-10-30 15:02 |只看該作者
Thank you happy-farm.  I am here want to say thank your for u and happymum.

You are right, they are very efficient. Once I sent out some questions I got their instant reply.

I got all their booklet and my girl is enrolled to ESL english class. Might be G7 in difference with yours G4. We are studied their booklet together she sounds very happy to switch to AISHK. We are looking for a new envirnoment and happy school life there. Thanks for all your valuable info.

11#
發表於 09-11-5 16:02 |只看該作者
Hi Happy_mum, my son is one, my husband and I would like him to go to either ESF or AISHK.  As both of us are from Australia, we prefer him to go to AISHK.  I would like to know, is it hard to get into the Reception class?  I just want to get prepare for my little one when his chance for interview comes up.

12#
發表於 09-11-5 23:14 |只看該作者
may i know how much is school fee? and how much for debenture? it's refundable? and it's a bit late to apply P1 now?thanks

13#
發表於 09-11-6 20:14 |只看該作者
Hi there,

AISHK gives priority to children who is Aussie or New Zealand passport holder. However, I think most of the non-native speaking children still get interview to proof their English ability. (at least the children in my son class).

There are 2 classes for Reception. It is very competitive to get into the morning class as the timing of the afternoon class is not as ideal.

Should you really want your child to get into AISHK in early childhood stage. You might have to consider starting from Reception as there is also 2 classes for Prep which is the next year onward.
原帖由 田心 於 09-11-5 16:02 發表
Hi Happy_mum, my son is one, my husband and I would like him to go to either ESF or AISHK.  As both of us are from Australia, we prefer him to go to AISHK.  I would like to know, is it hard to get int ...

14#
發表於 09-11-6 20:23 |只看該作者
We are paying approx. HK$6200 for Reception now and from Prep onwards would be around HK$9200 (I think I should find out too as we will be paying for that next year. )

There are different kinds of debenture. The school will inform you which one is available or if there is any available at all at the time of acceptance. If you decide not to pay for the debenture then you have to pay a levy on top of the school fee each year. We bought a refundable debenture which cost us HK$150K.

The next school term will start in January 2010. It is hard to say if it is too late to apply but I guess you can always call up the school and ask. They are very friendly and helpful.

Good luck.
原帖由 BBIX 於 09-11-5 23:14 發表
may i know how much is school fee? and how much for debenture? it's refundable? and it's a bit late to apply P1 now?thanks

[ 本帖最後由 happy_mum 於 09-11-6 20:25 編輯 ]

15#
發表於 09-11-17 17:36 |只看該作者
According to their website they are phasing out the existing debenture structure and introducing a new depreciating debenture valued at HK$100k. The new debentures are depreciated by 12.5% on the first day of school attendance and then 12.5% annually on 1st Jan of each of the following years. The change is applicable to new applications received after 1 Jan 2010.

http://www.aishk.edu.hk/page.php?page_id=25

I wonder if other IS will follow suit...

16#
發表於 09-11-19 15:11 |只看該作者
The changes is applicable to all current AIS students who do not hold a debenture too.
原帖由 highfive 於 09-11-17 17:36 發表
According to their website they are phasing out the existing debenture structure and introducing a new depreciating debenture valued at HK$100k. The new debentures are depreciated by 12.5% on the firs ...

17#
發表於 09-11-21 10:13 |只看該作者
Dear all mums,

My girl is going to the reception class next year. Can anyone share with me about what do they learn in reception class?

I bought the new type of debenture offered, too. They only have two choices: depreciation debenture or capital levy.

18#
發表於 09-11-21 13:25 |只看該作者
My son also just got accepted by AISHK this week for the prep class! No need to worry about the ESF primary applications now, what a big relief! We were also told that only the depreciating debentures or capital levy are available now.

19#
發表於 09-11-21 17:00 |只看該作者
dear highfive,

would u mind telling me which kinder your kid is studying? my girl is studying in an international kinder, but not esf.  our family loves the school very much, just worry about the path to primary.  

i would like to know the chance to get the offer of AISHK for kid from other kinder .  thanks.

by the way, just wondering the teachers in AISHK speak in australian accent???

thanks!!!

gub

20#
發表於 09-11-21 17:45 |只看該作者
ESF kinders don't have any preference over other kinders for AISHK. They do offer their own Reception Class for 4-year-olds (K2 equivalent). They also give priority to Austalian and New Zealand passport holders.

We don't hold any foreign passport and our boy is studying at Think International Kindergarten in Laguna City (Lam Lin). We were probably one of the lowest prioritized applicants. We submitted the application early this year (maybe around April/May) but only just got the interview last Wednesday. They notified us of the acceptance by phone the next day :)

One thing you must pay attention to is the school calendar. They follow the Australian calendar so school years start in Jan/Feb. "Summer holiday" would be in Dec/Jan. This also affects their age guideline for applications. Children born in May/June would become "Big B" and those born in March/April would be the "Small B". Our boy is normally a Big B but has become a Small B under their age guideline. He will be attending their Preparatory Class in January before he turns 5.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題