樓主: dong-dong
go

cky second in,家長和小朋友一起見校長﹖ [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-10-26 07:45 |只看該作者
其實雖說是全英文對答﹐但仔仔說問的問題非常非常簡單﹐相信大部分小朋友應該問題的。

22#
發表於 09-10-26 18:48 |只看該作者
To me, what constitutes a good school is their possession of self-confidence. They have the confidence in transmitting knowledge to children who have demonstrated their potential to learn. How much they have already learnt for me are totally irrelevant. If you said Eng is important in reflecting their  學術基礎 (to me it's funny in applying this term on a 5-yr old kid), why not PTH, math.....? Kids are like sponge who can absorb knowledge in great speed beyond your imagination, if there is a proper environement. This is excatly the role of what a school should deliver. There are so many examples of new immigrants who didn't even read abc on day 1 can eventaully get an A in HKCEE.That's my point.

23#
發表於 09-10-27 10:54 |只看該作者
呵呵,原來今年要讀書比校長聽,以前祇是問問題而已。其實蔡繼有選學生其中一個重要因素就是要喜歡閱讀,及備有閱讀的習慣,若一個五歲的孩子平時已喜歡閱讀的話,閱讀英文書,其實遠比中文書的淺易,因為可用以拼音讀出。若你的孩子有機會入讀蔡繼有,你就會明白我的道理,喜歡閱讀的孩子的成績會遠比没有閱讀習慣的好。

說實話,若孩子未能在幼童前養成閱讀習慣,到小學要他自動自覺讀書,其實是很困難的。

至於為何學校要選用閱讀作為挑選的準則,因為學校著重語文發展,而現今懂兩文三語的幼童越來越多,學校覺得這方法方便快捷,亦可知道孩子是否真的有閱讀的習慣,一舉數得。

[ 本帖最後由 kyliema2006 於 09-10-27 12:44 編輯 ]

24#
發表於 09-10-27 12:51 |只看該作者
It's been rightly pointed out that it's not a fair game for a 5-year-old.  But still I'm puzzled why parents would consider it fair if a kid is 'selected' for his attentiveness, analytical skills, patience and observance; but not for his English (not necessarily overall academic standard).

After all, English is the primary medium of instruction at CKY and learning by reading is one of its approaches to education.

Disclaimer: My kid is now studying at CKY happily and loves reading, but he's not really attentive, analytical, patient or observant. I guess different schools have different picks.

25#
發表於 09-10-27 13:18 |只看該作者
thanks for the sharing... CKy is really my dream school..  ..

can you share with us your last interview process (2nd in). .. wat are they looking for.... how long it took..

tks for advise

26#
發表於 09-10-27 20:11 |只看該作者
....My kid is now studying at CKY happily and loves reading, but he's not really attentive, analytical, patient or observant.

ok, now I understand the selection criteria of CKY. Thank you for your advice.

27#
發表於 09-10-28 09:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 dong-dong 於 09-10-26 07:45 發表
其實雖說是全英文對答﹐但仔仔說問的問題非常非常簡單﹐相信大部分小朋友應該問題的。

Thank you, dong-dong. So I think children need to read a paragraph of text to the principals and answer some questions. How come it takes one hour? Do the children need to do more than the above? Can somebody please share?

28#
發表於 09-10-28 10:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 nov03bb 於 09-10-26 02:23 發表
我不是想同你爭論甚麼, 我祇是"個人"覺得, 本港很多學校, 包括較出名的學校(特別是直資及私立),就是因為她們有自行選擇學生的權利, 她們一定選擇她們應為最適合她們的學生, 閣下所提及的當然很重要, 可是, 既然有得 ...

Support !!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖