教育王國 討論區 小一選校 dbs是否有信出呢?
發新帖
查看: 16822|回覆: 14
go

dbs是否有信出呢? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-10-30 11:40 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# ming88 的文章

Last year they did call the parents and then followed by a letter, right? Just like SPCC.   Anyone knows will they do so this year? Or only letters will be sent?

2#
發表於 09-10-30 12:32 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# ming88 的文章

Ming88, thank you for your update! Ai, I think my boy did well in the interview for SPCC but finally no 2nd int for him.   For DBS, I think he didn't perform well. Things always happen NOT in the way you expect. Hope there will be surprise from DBS..

3#
發表於 09-11-2 09:45 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# BenKeung 的文章

Morning everyone! Just called the school and staff said for those who have 2nd int will receive letter within this week.   Then I asked whether the letters have been sent out or not, the staff said not yet, almost.   

very nervous....

4#
發表於 09-11-4 14:51 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# shmom 的文章

Called the staff already and she said it means your child doesn't have 2nd Int if you haven't received their letter within this week. This is the conclusion.

5#
發表於 09-11-6 12:10 |顯示全部帖子
Called the school already and the staff said not yet sent out the letters, almost. For applicants who have 2nd int should receive the letters early next week!

原帖由 lindatai 於 09-11-6 10:22 發表
最新消息: 剛剛接到電話通知了, 在18號2nd in, 她說過一兩日會收到面試信!

希望各位家長也密切留意!

6#
發表於 09-11-9 11:40 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# bmolive 的文章

That means DBS has not yet finished calling all the applicants who have 2nd int, but for letters, anyone knows has the school finished sending all the letters or not?

7#
發表於 09-11-9 12:56 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# jeremyphlam 的文章

It seems that no applicants <400 receive call, and last week the school called up to ard 8xx. And this morning they suddenly called >1700?
My boy's no. is 15xx, so worried...

8#
發表於 09-11-9 14:27 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# LouisandElmo 的文章

my boy looked a bit upset after the interview. In the very beginning he only told us he watched tv, and the teacher asked him for his name, and then nothing
Later he told me bit by bit, like playing "muddle up puzzle", "find the odd one out", matching, listening to a story and then answered Qs etc... but for the things he didn't know, he just kept silent instead of trying ;therefore, chance is slim...

9#
發表於 09-11-9 16:08 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# twinnie 的文章

Do you mean they sent out ALL the letters last week? Not by batch?

10#
發表於 09-11-9 16:17 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# monkeydog 的文章

Called the school already and staff confirmed with me that they sent out ALL THE LETTERS last week! No matter you receive a call or not, no letter means OUT!

11#
發表於 09-11-9 17:46 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# alcusmama 的文章

Hi Alcusmama, really hope there will be surprise coz I love the school environment and my boy loves English very much!

Received no call today...and no letter yet...need to rush back home...

12#
發表於 09-11-10 15:26 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 2# Britney 的文章

Why DBSPD gave parents a lot of different messages / answers? You know what, I called them yesterday and the staff said they sent out all the letters last week....It think it's not true coz some parents received call this morning but not yet received letter. If they really sent out all the letters last week, letters should reach applicants' letter boxes no matter which district you live...

13#
發表於 09-11-10 16:35 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# fooky-hk 的文章

me too...originally very calm, and then getting more and more nervous...and finally may be crazy!

14#
發表於 09-11-10 18:32 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# babie2 的文章

不論在社會還是在學校, 一定有"關係" 與網絡的存在, 從來就存在"俾面"的情況.  試問如果城中首富的子女/孫兒 (常常捐錢給各個教育機構) 報讀 co-edu 或 DB/ DG, 那麼校長能不給面子嗎?  每間學校都一定會有某些數目的學位要這樣給出來, 世界根本就一定有不公平的存在.   不過, 無可否認的是, 大部分名人的子女, 雖不能說一定非常出色, 但通常自小就能得到一定質素的培養, 見識大場面/認識不同人 的機會比較多, 面試時應該也比我們這些"普通人的子女" 出色 (當然也有個別例子),所以他們進入這些名校的機會也更大,這些是無可避免的,所以我並不存在hard feeling...

而我也相信DBS也有一定數目的學位是給其他任何階層的人去爭取...我們並不是學校負責人, 並不知道他們的衡量標準, 所以或有家長覺得奇怪, 為甚麼他們認為非常出色的不行, 他們認為普通的反而可以呢?

首先, 我們是否真的那麼了解別人的子女呢? 是否真的能準確衡量別人子女的能力/表現呢?  此外, 以一個這麼小的小朋友來說, 他們面試當天的情緒, 表現, 狀態等, 亦比較不穩定, 有時還需運氣輔助, 所以, 對於自己的小朋友未能進入Sec. Int, 我是感覺失落, 替小兒不開心(因為他非常喜歡DBS), 但我確實沒有甚麼怨氣,只是覺得如果真的喜歡這家學校,可以現在就好好準備,將來再考中學(那時長大了,實力真的更重要了)..

不過,我真的覺得學校可以於申請及"放榜"上有更好的安排.現在科技發達,何不在網上公佈結果,免各家長煩惱擔心呢?另外,職員的應對也不好,常有不同答案, 令人無所適從(如果將來改為網上公佈, 就可免去這問題)...
不過,今年做得不好不要緊,最重要從善如流,下年改善,讓以後的爸爸媽媽可以好過點...DBS的風格應是比較西化及開放,希望校方好好努力,做得更好吧!

15#
發表於 09-11-21 12:01 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# fatanna123 的文章

Let's strive for a better future! No matter which school your child's going! Add oil!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題