用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 各位St.Cat家長, 開戰致今, 未知大家戰況如何?! 討論一 ...
發新帖
查看: 35897|回覆: 1
go

各位St.Cat家長, 開戰致今, 未知大家戰況如何?! 討論一下?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-19 09:34 |顯示全部帖子
Our son who is studying in the Essex Campus is accepted by (as of today):

啟思小學
崇真小學暨幼稚園
啟基學校
九龍禮賢學校
聖若瑟英文小學

We were also lucky enough to have a 2nd interview with Principal Ms. Chan at 聖保羅書院小學. However, our son was being too creative in answering at the time and he was not accepted.

Regarding interview skills or not, I think it is not just luck but more on how we as parents raise our kids.

i.e. We have an active lifestyle and we enourage creativity. Whenever we are free, we will play golf, run with him, swimming, kung fu, drama, music, singing, lots of trips, visit library/museum/bookstores etc. we also appreciate the little boy's opinion on all things and we allow him to speak up to other adults all the time. This is why in our opinion, he get great result when he was being interviewed by the so-call "happy & active" school.

BTW, we do not believe in interview training as the kid will become unnatural and will only answer questions by script.

Anyway, good to share and good luck in the search of the "best fitted" school for our kids. Listen to your heart and don't let the brand name or the number of applicants cloud your decision :)

Cheers!

2#
發表於 09-11-26 08:59 |顯示全部帖子
Fully agree with you. Certs are meaningless as they are just piece of papers. However, in today society, as the competitions are keen, you still need a paper or two under your belt :( I am sure you have seen some crazy portfolio some parents produced for their kids.

Nevertheless, it is more important to encourage and train your child to be self-aware. This goes to everyone, including me. If you are aware of what you are doing, then you will have the confidence level to perform well. Just sharing...

原帖由 212512 於 09-11-26 00:57 發表

Dear Chuppy,
My daughter did not win for any competition, she only got a few attendance cert.

As I remember 我囡囡 was also very shy at age 2-3, we were so worry at that time, therefore we gave h ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖