搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF Kindergarten
發新帖
樓主: bebelee
go

ESF Kindergarten [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-12 17:19 |顯示全部帖子
Abacus Campus... informal visit on 19th Jan too.

I guess, they want to see the children too because they want to make sure that there is no special education needs (like autism, AS and ADHD) that they cannot accomodate in the classroom, which may be disturbing to other children. ESF schools were used to be famous to be very tolerant to SEN children and thus many non-chinese parents and rich chinese parents send their children there.  This takes up a lot of resources and sometimes unfair to "normal" children.

Regarding Abacus parents in Cat 1 on waiting list.  I just found out many of my friends (teachers in ESF system and alumni of ESF) live in Sai Kung area.  Plus the children with elder siblings already attending ESF schools, that takes up many of the Cat 1 Abacus places.  That may be one of the many reasons why Cat 1 children may still be on waiting list.  There are too many children born in 2007, it seems.

But I prefer they offer me the contract at the end of the tour, too... saves hassles and worries! I was going to ditch the GSIS interview if I get an offer this month! sigh... looks like more interviews afterall!

2#
發表於 10-1-25 07:53 |顯示全部帖子
Hi AL_mom and kiwi_kiwi... My little boy is also in Abacus AM session... nice to mee you.  I think I might have met AL_mom at the informal visit =)

3#
發表於 10-1-25 22:26 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 buu0605 於 10-1-25 14:34 發表
Hi, I'm a newcomer.  4xx applications for Tsing Yi, 2xx for Wu Kai Sha - anyone can advise the no. of applications this year for the other campuses (in Sheung Wan and Abacus)?  Can Kowloon residents a ...

There is no geographical zoning for kindergartens.  So you can apply anywhere.  When we went to Abacus, they said there were 110 Cat 1 applicants alone and they only had 88 place.  Out of the 88, many fall into the 4 priority for application.

4#
發表於 10-1-25 22:28 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 AL_mom 於 10-1-25 20:22 發表
hi kiwi_kiwi and lottieclee, nice to meet you. Do you have other older kids attending Abacus PM session before? The scool told me they give me AM session because my older son was in PM before so they  ...

No... but some parents choose PM session this year because of the earlier time.  I heard they run a very good PM session, is it true? (though no worries, cuz both sessions are run by the same teachers)

5#
發表於 10-3-3 07:40 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 tsao1234 於 10-3-3 01:23 發表
I've just received the letter of informal visit on 10March for TY, does anyone received that too?Is the chance high to get in if i received this informal visit, can anyone share the experience of the  ...

If your letter didn't say anything about waiting list... then they would only ask you to go for an informal visit if there's a space for your kid.

6#
發表於 10-3-22 22:27 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 rach_mama 於 10-3-22 16:08 發表
Dear all,

Are you all 2007 babies parent?

My daughter is 2008 baby. Does the parent tour mean anything?

Parents are only invited to tours after they have submitted their application forms.  Tours are offered according to the categories and priorities according to ESF website.

7#
發表於 10-3-23 11:53 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 rach_mama 於 10-3-23 11:14 發表
I think of the same thing. But, I am invited for a tour although I haven't submit my application form. That's why I wonder what is that about???

If you haven't applied, then how do they get your information for parents tour?

8#
發表於 10-5-2 17:44 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 karenchan99 於 10-4-30 17:30 發表
Anyone know when's the orientation day for ESF kinder 2010?

We have our orientation on May 12.

9#
發表於 10-5-3 17:24 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 dearkitty 於 10-5-3 09:21 發表
hello lottieclee

may i ask which ESF kinder are you referring to?

Abacus
‹ 上一主題|下一主題