搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF Kindergarten
發新帖
樓主: bebelee
go

ESF Kindergarten [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-14 11:48 |顯示全部帖子
I am wondering if the purpose of the informal visit is to find out who the "real" Cat 1 students are.  It seems that there are extraordinary high number of "Cat 1" students this year.

I heard that in the primary school interview, if the teacher found out that a kid who was claimed not be able to speak Chinese spoke Chinese during the interview (i.e. the parent lied), the application would fail right away.

In fact, ESF schools do admit students mastering both English and Chinese.  The point is, being a good role model to your kids, don't lie.  Moral education is far more important.

The above doesn't mean to offend anyone here.  It's just a gentle reminder.

My little daughter is in Cat 2, but she has an elder sister studying in one of the ESF primary school.

2#
發表於 09-12-14 15:09 |顯示全部帖子
She also has to attend the informal visit.  It's a great opportunity for the kids to visit the kindergarten.  You can tell by their reaction if that kindergarten suits them.

原帖由 misskwokwok 於 09-12-14 12:20 發表
Dear AP,

hi, wanted to know, did yr little daughter got in the esf kinder right in? or still was putting on the waiting list?  it will be great if you can share with me, thank you.

3#
發表於 09-12-23 11:21 |顯示全部帖子
Does anyone notice that the staff ratio of WKS Kindergarten is different from other ESF Kindergartens?

According to the ESF website, while all ESF Kindergartens' average class size is 22 children, other ESF Kindergartens are having 3 allocated staff members for each class (one teacher and two education assistants) whereas WKS Kindergarten is having 2 only (one teacher and one education assistants), which means a higher teacher to student ratio.  It seems that it is unfair to the WKS students because the attention given to each child will be less (but we are required to pay the same amount of tuition fee).

Moreover, due to the scale of the Tsing Yi Kindergarten (a total of 300 students), they have a full time school nurse stationed at school to look after the students.  However, there is no such arrangement for WKS Kindergarten even though it is of comparable scale with Tsing Yi Kindergarten.

I hope WKS Kindergarten is not a substandard or an inferior kindergarten of ESF family.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題