教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Sacred Heart accepted my girl's p1 app admission
發新帖
查看: 12369|回覆: 19
go

Sacred Heart accepted my girl's p1 app admission [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-12-14 15:36 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear parent,

I will write a letter to True Light n St. Clare's for giving up the seats of P1 admission.

I m more than happy, n I m so proud of her.  Now, it's the time to choose now.  SSCPS or Sacred Heart? Any advice?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-12-14 16:19 |顯示全部帖子
Dear fsforth,  I agree with you.  However, Sacred Heart is only half day school which mean I have to arrange the afternoon activities for her.  This may turn out spending more thanSSCPS.  These two schools have their own characteristic.  For kids, I believe she loves more SSCPS than Sacred Heart.  For me, I love Sacred Heart more, and the only disadvantage is Half day school.

原帖由 fsforth 於 09-12-14 16:11 發表
論學費, SSCPS 貴好多!

論workload, Sacred Heart 大很多, 但如果挨得住, 成績有保證.

女仔我會選聖心, 因為 Value for money, 上中學唔會太早拍拖!

3#
發表於 09-12-14 17:02 |顯示全部帖子
Really thks fsforth.  I specially like you said "入聖心是考父母的耐力, 而入SSC就是考你的財力!"
原帖由 fsforth 於 09-12-14 16:37 發表

聖心功課夠你做半日, 我表妹以前都係呢度小學畢業, 成績好, 中學考入聖保羅男女, 聽佢講老師比較惡, 壓力都幾大

我係小朋友都會喜歡SSCPS, international school feeling, 老師好人又多野玩, 有時會去室外上課,  ...

4#
發表於 09-12-14 17:04 |顯示全部帖子
I just received it today.  The stamp chop is 12/12/2009.
原帖由 Piaget 於 09-12-14 16:54 發表
Hi shusiusiu,

May I know when you receive the acceptance letter?

5#
發表於 09-12-15 00:19 |顯示全部帖子
Dear ellylau,

Honestly, I dare to let my girl to watch the VCD of SSCPS since I m afraid she insists to go to SSCPS if she watch the VCD.  

For DGJS, I have given up already since I believe the chance is really too small for me to have a hope.  

Actually, I was graduated from SHCS, n I was so scare to do homework too when I was at that age. From my memory, every schoolmate are very smart and clever, but not very nice. We were proud of to be "ST Sim Mui", but we were afraid of teachers (maybe respect) We had so many awards, yet we practice n practice n practice.  

I do not know whether SHCS has changed or not since it was long time ago. I believe SHCS definitely is a good school, but I like the characteristic n culture of SSCPS. The most impt of all, my girl is really not that hardworking type.......
原帖由 ellylau 於 09-12-14 19:21 發表
Hi shusiusiu,

Headache..headache headache...
I have more or less same situation w. you..

I have already given up some choices..

now, SSCPS vs SHCS..... (we'll soon get the DGJS result too)

My gal  ...

6#
發表於 09-12-15 00:26 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Sunglasses,

Both ar definitely good schools.  However, I learned that SHCS seems like having a higher branding than Good Hope.  Friend of mine have two daughters studing in Good Hope n she said the grading in Good Hope is declining n it's not as good as previous. (Don't know whether is ture or not).  If the travel distance ar same, I may prefer SHCS.  PPls said it's really hard to get in if your girl is not a kinder from SHCS.
原帖由 Sunglasses 於 09-12-14 21:50 發表
My daughter is accepted too.  Very headache to choose between Good Hope School and Sacred Heart.  We live in West Kowloon so both schools are more or less the same in terms of distance.  Both are trad ...

7#
發表於 09-12-15 17:49 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Lui,  Your reply is really why I m still struggling which school I should let her in.  To me, I m also the one who experienced "feeding" n "pushing" learning environment. I know that the academic result will be fine anyway, but I (MAY) turn out stopping my girl's right brain development.  May I know which private school your girl is currently studing?  
原帖由 lui 於 09-12-15 13:38 發表
My girl studied at SHam last year. We changed to another private school this year. She isn't the type that getting  outstanding result by "feeding" and "pushing". Though her result was not bad, but I  ...

8#
發表於 09-12-15 17:51 |顯示全部帖子
Dear reneeleung,
May I know what is GS? Thank you very much.
原帖由 reneeleung 於 09-12-15 10:28 發表
我妹妹都是插班入shcs am, 當時是2百幾收2個, 結果要留班, 佢初初入到聖心真係做功課做到喊. 而且聖心讀書係讀高一級, 加上又轉英文GS. ANYWAY, 佢都聖心畢業了.

9#
發表於 09-12-15 19:00 |顯示全部帖子
For all similarity, what a conincident!  I didn't inform the school that I was one of the old girl too!

I think I will have the same decision as yours.  Let me tell you one more thing: I m living in Bonham Road which is very close to Caine Road.  Regarding to my research n friends' advice,  SHCS seems to be the best decisions for me.  Maybe I should let my girl to sleep one hour more.  Haha.
原帖由 ellylau 於 09-12-15 18:00 發表
Hi shusiusiu,
Again, we have 1 more similarity..   I was graduated from one of the Canossian Schools  in Kln. side.  I do have special feelings and passion abt the Canossian schools, for sure.  ...

10#
發表於 09-12-15 19:01 |顯示全部帖子
Dear kidsmother,
Is your girl currently studing in SHCS?  Do you give her plenty of ECA?
thank you very much!
原帖由 kidsmother 於 09-12-15 18:00 發表
I am also considering to change to another school. Tests and dictations every week are really too much. My girl is really obedient, so she doesn't protest but only cries when her heart tells her there ...

11#
發表於 09-12-15 19:55 |顯示全部帖子
Dear ellylau,

o yes, our girls may become schoolmate next year. let's keep in touch.  May I know what kindergarten your girl is currently attend? Mine is St. Paul Church.
原帖由 ellylau 於 09-12-15 19:46 發表
Hi shusiusiu,

keep in touch and hope our daughters can be friends (good sisters)

12#
發表於 09-12-16 00:05 |顯示全部帖子
a, so do I, my girl is learning piano, ballet, swimming n Kumon.  All same. Haha
原帖由 kidsmother 於 09-12-15 21:40 發表
normal activities - piano, ballet, swimming, kumon.

13#
發表於 09-12-16 00:17 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Sunglasses,
I m also a working mammy, n I think I will let her to go to tutorial class if I really can't take care of her homework.  
原帖由 Sunglasses 於 09-12-15 22:24 發表
Dear Shusiusiu,

Thanks for sharing.  Even though my daughter is now studying in a traditional kindergarten, I'm still scared about the workload and pressure of Sacred Heart.  Just wonder if a working ...

14#
發表於 09-12-16 00:20 |顯示全部帖子
May I know why the P6 pupils are leaving ?
原帖由 bkychan 於 09-12-15 23:52 發表
Tweetyho,

I agree with your comment.  In last Satursday's Secondary School Places Allocation (SSPA) System briefing meeting, SHCSPS urged the parents of P6 students to choose SHCC as their first choi ...

15#
發表於 09-12-16 14:54 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Tweetyho,

Do you like the academic result is getting worse because of the Sec Sch is not DSS?  What I mean is she is still a subsidized sec sch n have no right to select P6 pupils?  

What we ar going to face is 12 years later.  There is no more HKCEE. No one will know how's the schools result in the future.  If that so, should I choose SSCPS rather than SHCS?

原帖由 tweetyho 於 09-12-16 10:47 發表

i think that's a vicious cycle:
top students leave --> results getting worse
--> more students leave

may be schools of southern districts are less popular .... coz it's a bit far away, unless u are ...

16#
發表於 09-12-16 14:55 |顯示全部帖子
May I know what is GH?
原帖由 Elsat 於 09-12-16 13:56 發表
My kid is just in PN. Now, I'm going to select appropirate K1 for her.
I'm a SH (primary) old girl and I entered BPS (secondary) then evetually HKUST.  My path sounds great but my career achievement  ...

17#
發表於 09-12-17 15:42 |顯示全部帖子
Apart from travel time, money is also a big concern.($55000 Vs 22000)  

Regarding to the trend, does anyone think that SH may possibly change from half day to full day school in futures?

If my girl studing in a half day school, I may need to arrange ECA or tutorial class for my girl since I m a working mammy.  Can anyone tell me how much will the tutorial class be?

Really thanks for your help!
原帖由 tweetyho 於 09-12-16 22:47 發表

I dont think so ..... coz BPS, QC, SJC and some traditional famous sch on kln side  are not DSS... but still they can sustain their academic level ...

i think i would choose SH ... coz it's in cent ...

18#
發表於 09-12-17 18:33 |顯示全部帖子
Dear manling,

Yes, u ar right. Do you think that the ECA if studing in SH will cost more than SSCPS?
原帖由 manling33 於 09-12-17 16:00 發表
$22000 half day in fact imply $44,000 for a whole day.

19#
發表於 09-12-17 23:40 |顯示全部帖子
Dear bkychan

May I ask how much Extra Cirrucular activities the girls normally have after their schools?  Do most of the girls have tutorial classes after school?
原帖由 bkychan 於 09-12-17 20:40 發表
Tweetyho,

The table that I've posted regarding the HKCEE 2009 Examination Results for the named school is to echo your statement saying that "it's obvious that SH's academic performance is dropping t ...

20#
發表於 09-12-18 00:40 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you for all of your information.  It really help me to choose.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題