搜索
教育王國 討論區 嘉諾撒聖心幼稚園 請問有冇人已收到聖心的信
樓主: brima
go

請問有冇人已收到聖心的信 [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 10-2-1 15:57 |只看該作者

Disappointed

Originally, I though that performance of other children were better than ours so we are being rejected.  I reviewed details and looked for areas of improvement.  Now, it seems that it is not our problem.  My gal did very well during the interview and I am an old girl.  She is accepted by nearly all the schools we applied incl. Good hope, True light, KV, York,... Really very unhappy after reading such article.  It is really very lousy.
原帖由 yaulamfei 於 10-2-1 12:48 發表
it is a real surprise to my husband and I that AM offer was given to our daughter.

我個女係細女: 07年11月出世, 對大部分幼稚園來說, 希望細得很. 我哋同SHC冇咩關係 (such as 姊姊 or 媽媽)!

There were 3  ...

102#
發表於 10-2-1 16:00 |只看該作者
I think that Catholic is the 1st priority.
Is it right?

Can you pls pm to me if you have any reference letter to Principal.

Thank you!

103#
發表於 10-2-1 16:08 |只看該作者
其實這位家長收左她/他的小朋友就算la, 唔好post出來刺激我地這些reject/wait list的家長, 我睇完都好傷心.  

原帖由 Elsat 於 10-2-1 15:57 發表
Originally, I though that performance of other children were better than ours so we are being rejected.  I reviewed details and looked for areas of improvement.  Now, it seems that it is not our probl ...
[img align=right]http://bd.lilypie.com/4ru9p8.png[/img]

104#
發表於 10-2-1 16:12 |只看該作者
i understand what you mean but there must be a reason,"mistake" is also a reason, LOL! 其實每個小朋友都有可取的一面,包括呢位喊到要換媽咪入去繼續in嘅小朋友,反正我地唔係interviewer,唔知到收生的(actual)遊戲規則,所以就算唔收都不用太勞氣。失望總會有(我覺得我個女的表現都很好,對答流暢又輕鬆但都只在waiting list),但都冇辦法,起碼你個女都有好多offer係手吖,已經好叻叻同好好彩架啦!

Originally, I though that performance of other children were better than ours so we are being rejected.  I reviewed details and looked for areas of improvement.  Now, it seems that it is not our probl ...

105#
發表於 10-2-1 16:13 |只看該作者
Catholic isn't a priority. There are catholic applicants on waiting list.

106#
發表於 10-2-1 16:30 |只看該作者
Any accepted by SH?

Are Catholic: (pls list down)
Are not Catholic: (pls list down)

醒目開學勳章

107#
發表於 10-2-1 16:36 |只看該作者
Hi Elsat,

Don't be disappointed as this is a big family you also graduated from.  You should have faith in it and not be affected by someone who only posted the fourth time in bk and believe everything they said.  Also, it was her husband who were inside the interview room so may be there are some less obvious things the children have done which attracts the teachers attention.  We really can't tell.

As we can see, with this year keen competition, a lot of the factors which we think may help doesn't help much eventually, as existing parents, being Catholic and children of old girls.  Obviously these are things that other people refer to as unfair so there must be some criteria which as parents and the school recognize as valuable quality.  If they judge a children purely based on the correctness and normal behavior, I think we should all be able to crack that code already.  Unfortunately, we need to believe in their judgment.  Last but not the least, there is a thing call "luck" which we can't really control.

Don't feel bad at all and obviously you should be very proud of yourself and what your daughter can accomplished.  She has been accepted by so many good kindergartens already and many parents may envy you.  I can understand it could be frustrated, particularly as old girl and wanna send your daughter to SHCK.  Why don't you consider contacting the kindergarten and understand more?  

I do hope you feel better.

Ian

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-2-1 16:48 編輯 ]

108#
發表於 10-2-1 16:42 |只看該作者
my girl is  a 0712 small baby  and accepted by AM class in SH.

we are not Catholic or even me not a old girl!

for me, i think my girl did well in the interview but i can say that it also by luck which got a offer from SH.

[ 本帖最後由 火星豬仔 於 10-2-1 17:57 編輯 ]

109#
發表於 10-2-1 16:52 |只看該作者
我女都係0712,今日收到信係reject!

佢當日表現我都滿意,但冇計,競爭太大!

110#
發表於 10-2-1 17:50 |只看該作者
我bb都係0712細女, got rejected, 其實all alone都見到d perform得唔好既小朋友有offer, not just shck, 個心都有d實實的.....

不過interview真係有d講luck, ian講得啱, we should be proud of our kids anyway..

醒目開學勳章

111#
發表於 10-2-1 21:34 |只看該作者
i do understand that why some parents will feel unfair when the result is released ! I also have this experience in the past 2 months..... especially PC rejected my daugther and St Cat just offered us in the waiting list ( I thought my girl did very well ) !

For me, I think that SH wont accept my daughter as she wasnt did an excellent interview ,although the teacher said her performance was very good already! However, the result is  pleasantly surprised!

One thing must true is that different teachers have different perferences (including me) !

So, pls cheer up , i do believe that there should be a kindergarten which is fitting your child was prepared for him/her!

Dont be upset or angry ! Hope in tomorrow!

[ 本帖最後由 SCV 於 10-2-1 21:42 編輯 ]

112#
發表於 10-2-1 23:10 |只看該作者
So, if I got a reject letter, is writing a letter to the school still helpful?  There are already a lot of people under waiting list, do you think that they would consider rejected ones' request?

113#
發表於 10-2-1 23:20 |只看該作者
Dear Ian

Thanks for your support and I really understand we just lack of luck this time...

But I would like to ask your opinion for picking which kinder for my girl...

My girl was admitted by True Light (Tai Hang) for pm class while she is studying the Pre-nursery Class in Victoria.

She really enjoyed her school life in Victoria - frankly Victoria put the top priority in ensuring all their students have a enjoyable life.  They learn everything in their self-explore.  We suspected my girl have the selective mutism and we talked to the prinicpal our concern and consulting her whether we need to sent her for an assessment.  

But the Principal was very passionate and she spent a lots of efforts in monitoring my girl's problem and keep advocating her to get in touch with each other and she had a lots of improvement in these 2 months...

However, the reason we looked for traditional kinder because we don't intend to put her in the international stream for primary school so we have to get back to the traditional school anyway.   We hope we can put her back to the traditional one earlier in order to get use with the traditional culture.  

However, if she studies in True Light we may need to move to the HK side to save the travelling time while Victoria is just the walking distance between our apartment currently.

My hubby and I are very struggle for the choice.  What's your advice?  Do you think it is very difficult for kid in int'l kinder to a traditional primary schoo.

Also, I am worry my girl will get isolated in the traditional school as the teacher think they have the discipline issue.  If we stay in Victoria, we are planning to apply St Mary as it belongs to our network.

[ 本帖最後由 hihicathk 於 10-2-1 23:24 編輯 ]

114#
發表於 10-2-1 23:30 |只看該作者
面試是人來見的呀, 有人就一定有主觀因素, 不是數學, 1+1=2, 同一個答案, A笑住答, B有信心地答, C沒有笑容答, D慢慢答, 不同的主考會選不同的人...得失末必是計得出來的.

有時妳入了最頂尖的, 不代表你考第二名頂尖的一定掂, 第三也掂... 面試沒有 這個必然性, 人夾人緣吧...

天主教學校我想天主教徒是有加分的, 舊生也有的, 但比重多少則不知了...就算多選教徒又無可厚非, 天經地義...不過聖心就100%肯定會選非天主教徒入讀.  亦會有細女.

有沒有知情人士知道今年有多少人考?

115#
發表於 10-2-1 23:40 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

116#
發表於 10-2-1 23:47 |只看該作者
When I called the school today, they did mentioned that my girl is not on waiting list.

So, believing they still have a valid waiting list.

117#
發表於 10-2-2 00:04 |只看該作者
Yes. I don't know why.
When I called to the school, they answered my girl was not even at the waiting list.  However, when I  come bk and check with the letter, it stated that she was on the waiting list....... How Come ???

原帖由 hihicathk 於 10-2-1 23:47 發表
When I called the school today, they did mentioned that my girl is not on waiting list.

So, believing they still have a valid waiting list.

118#
發表於 10-2-2 00:14 |只看該作者
想請問一下, 我收到信囡囡入左waiting list, 其實waiting入到SH的機會大唔大架? 我還要不要寫信比學校呢?

醒目開學勳章

119#
發表於 10-2-2 00:51 |只看該作者
Hi hihicathk,

For your case, it may also be an headache to me.  I always believe there is an issue in our education system and the design of pre-primary education.  To a certain extent I support the activity based learning, but only up to the level of K1.  With the standard of nowadays children, they should be able to switch to traditional teaching in K2 and K3, particularly as many children need to prepare interviews during early K3.

However, it also depends on what kind of primary schools you targeted.  As far as I know, True Light is activity based and even their early primary school years are also activity based.  Your concern should likely be the heavy use of Chinese in their teaching and whether your child can be adjusted.  But usually children are very easy to adopt at their early age so I wouldn't think it is an issue.

On the other hand, a lot of Victoria graduates will also enter traditional primary schools thru discretionary allocation and lottery, they may need some time to get used to it but I think they may still have this take care of.  However, my concern will be the competition you face 3 years from now when you try to apply St. Mary's in net 31.  The birth rate has risen again so we can't use these latest few years assignment result as reference.

So, in conclusion, one-dragon primary like TL is really for parents who need a sure backup.  For your case, it does seems the system in Victoria can help your kid but likely it would be fine few months later.  So, may be it is fine to choose TL.  Whether to move, I think this is something you can decide later.  As you target is traditional school, may as well may the adjustment sooner.

Hope it is useful for you.

Ian

原帖由 hihicathk 於 10-2-1 23:20 發表
Dear Ian

Thanks for your support and I really understand we just lack of luck this time...

But I would like to ask your opinion for picking which kinder for my girl...

My girl was admitted by True ...

醒目開學勳章

120#
發表於 10-2-2 00:53 |只看該作者
Not hard to find out really.  As SHCK posts the result online, just need to look at the last number of the students being accepted and can tell approximately how many applicants this year.

It should be over 1300 this year, which is around 50% increase from last year.

原帖由 panbaby 於 10-2-1 23:30 發表
面試是人來見的呀, 有人就一定有主觀因素, 不是數學, 1+1=2, 同一個答案, A笑住答, B有信心地答, C沒有笑容答, D慢慢答, 不同的主考會選不同的人...得失末必是計得出來的.

有時妳入了最頂尖的, 不代表你考第二名頂 ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題