用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Starters vs Tutortime (Braemar Hill)
樓主: gigilee2009
go

Starters vs Tutortime (Braemar Hill) [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-2-22 19:23 |只看該作者
原帖由 gigilee2009 於 10-2-22 09:03 發表
Hi lottieclee,

Do you mean Montessori Woodland is better than traditional Woodland?  Then how about Happy Valley Woodland

Could you pls share with me more about how better the Woddland is when compa ...

I like Montessori Woodland because Woodland started off as a Montessori schools... then they started the regular classes.  So to me, the Montessori schools must be better because that's what they specializes in.  Plus... Montessori style learning in the midwestern US area are for "smart kids".  I don't know why... that's what parents told me while I was practising in the US.  I must confess that I don't know much about Woodland Happy Valley.

Hmm... to rank the 3 schools... I would say you need to go see which school suits your style and your child.  Tutortime is a little too free for my liking, but my son loves it there (he is in N1 in tutortime KT right now.) and I don't feel that it is international enough because the class teachers speak to me in cantonese. The NET and Mandarin teachers are native speakers.  I have met other native language teachers in interschool activities, and the Braemer Hill lot don't seem as friendly as the bunch in KT, although they shared the same principal for a while.

Just for my personal preference, I would rank the schools as below:
Woodlands
Wembley
Tutortime.

Each school have their pros and cons.  Woodland is very "english", but they don't offer mandarin sessions.  Tutortime has english and mandarin, but too free for my liking.. that's all.  If you are thinking about the Happy Valley area, why not also consider KCIS and Casa de Bambini? (just to throw some ideas at you... sorry!)

22#
發表於 10-2-23 18:31 |只看該作者
Hi lottieclee,

Thanks a lot for your detailed comments.  Actually, I have applied KCIS, but there is no space for my son.

Indeed, I live in Sai Wan Ho, can you recommend any good nursery international school there?

Thanks so much.

Best regards,
gigi

23#
發表於 10-2-24 17:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 gigilee2009 於 10-2-23 18:31 發表
Hi lottieclee,

Thanks a lot for your detailed comments.  Actually, I have applied KCIS, but there is no space for my son.

Indeed, I live in Sai Wan Ho, can you recommend any good nursery internation ...

Are you looking for K1 for august 2010?  or for a later date?  cuz many schools have filled their spaces for this fall already.

I saw that you started the thread about Starters.  Do you not like Starters?

24#
發表於 10-2-24 19:01 |只看該作者
Hi lottieclee,

Actually, I am looking for nursery international class during these months (before Sept 10) for my son.

I like Starters which has already offered a place for my son in the coming Sept for K1.

Please comment.  Thanks a lot!

Regards,
gigi

25#
發表於 10-2-24 21:31 |只看該作者
原帖由 gigilee2009 於 10-2-24 19:01 發表
Hi lottieclee,

Actually, I am looking for nursery international class during these months (before Sept 10) for my son.

I like Starters which has already offered a place for my son in the coming Sept ...

Nursery?  Then I would go to Woodlands, but you might not be able to start immediately and keep him there till August.  It is because they have a long waiting list.  

Tutortime may be the few places that you would be able to get a place immediately for nursery.  Their nursery is ok, if you are only keeping him till you start K1 elsewhere.

26#
發表於 10-2-25 09:34 |只看該作者
Thanks for your sharing!

Regards,
gigi
‹ 上一主題|下一主題