搜索
教育王國 討論區 基督堂幼稚園 Accept letter from CCKG
樓主: pvlam
go

Accept letter from CCKG [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-3-29 15:21 |只看該作者
原帖由 SHERMEN 於 10-3-29 13:42 發表
Dear parents, I heard some people said DGJS has changed the interview format and made the acceptance rate from CCKG much lower than before. Is that true ? If yes, I wonder why so many parents still wa ...

聽聞系,而且今年戴太系親子王都強調,學校同CCKG無直接關係,唔一定升到DGJS.不過,甘多明星子女讀既學校,系會吸引好多家長慕名而來

22#
發表於 10-3-30 01:35 |只看該作者
This meant that the rate of CCKG graduates may be similar to students from other Ks.
I know there are many St catherine's girls joined in DGJS. In case, we can get offer. We should make detail consideration.

原帖由 share123 於 10-3-29 15:21 發表

聽聞系,而且今年戴太系親子王都強調,學校同CCKG無直接關係,唔一定升到DGJS.不過,甘多明星子女讀既學校,系會吸引好多家長慕名而來

23#
發表於 10-3-30 09:16 |只看該作者
點解仲未有信,真系好心急

[ 本帖最後由 share123 於 10-3-31 12:22 編輯 ]

24#
發表於 10-3-31 14:53 |只看該作者
cckg 是一間很好的學校, 就算轉入cckg 而未能順利入讀DGS/DBS, 亦不會有損失. 相信讀過或讀緊的家長都不會否定cckg 的教學方法和老師對小朋友我愛. 我家孩子雖然畢業了多時, 但仍很關心學校.

原帖由 kitmay 於 10-3-30 01:35 發表
This meant that the rate of CCKG graduates may be similar to students from other Ks.
I know there are many St catherine's girls joined in DGJS. In case, we can get offer. We should make detail consid ...

25#
發表於 10-4-1 14:43 |只看該作者
I received a letter today and told that my daughter got no place in CCKG,it's not a big deal because I believed that she didn't a great job. Her path still bright even she's not accept by CCKG.
Good luck to others

26#
發表於 10-4-1 14:54 |只看該作者
My daughter has the privilege of being offered a place in Lower Hope. What a big present & surprise. Especially we are only ordinary family without background of any kinds.:loveliness: :loveliness:

Good luck to you guys!

27#
發表於 10-4-1 15:18 |只看該作者
原帖由 TYYC 於 10-4-1 14:54 發表
My daughter has the privilege of being offered a place in Lower Hope. What a big present & surprise. Especially we are only ordinary family without background of any kinds.:loveliness: :loveliness:

Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing your successful story? i mean the kindergarten she's studying in, her level of English, etc.

[ 本帖最後由 share123 於 10-4-1 15:23 編輯 ]

28#
發表於 10-4-1 16:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 share123 於 10-4-1 15:18 發表

Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing your successful story? i mean the kindergarten she's studying in, her level of English, etc.

My daughter is now studying K1 in SC, while she was in an international kinder last year for her N1.

She started playing with alphabets since 6 to 7 months old and she managed to recognize all capital and lower letters before 1 year old. We brought her to English playgroup from 18 months onwards but she had made only slow progress.

Upon 2 years old, we prepare our very own flash cards (both Chinese & English) and we found that her learning ability was amazing. Nearly on a daily basis, we spend 15 minutes on flash cards revision and introducing new words.
She will be turning to 4 this summer and she can now manage to understand flawlessly more than 500 vocabularies in English and 500 characters in Chinese. For example, like porcupine, tarantula, chameleon, foal, fawn, asparagus…etc

Regarding her English level, I think she is doing pretty well. She is able to talk to foreigners in complete sentences with confidence. She always tries to pronounce new encountered words on her own, but of course with little success. According to her teacher in SC, she has very good ability in comprehension. She loves reading, thanks to our flash card library, she can read simple sentences like “kitten and puppy go to the supermarket” or “I put some crayons into my school bag.”…etc

Furthermore, we don’t allow her watching TV or to be frank, less than 5 minutes a day.

Hope my experiences could shed some lights to you guys.

29#
發表於 10-4-1 17:06 |只看該作者

回覆 28# TYYC 的文章

thanks for your sharing with a new account, but this just really doesn't sound legit to me.. I hope you're not the "writer" of cckg by any chance.

30#
發表於 10-4-1 17:42 |只看該作者
My son has admit to Lower Love! What a surprise for I am just ordinary family, no background, just has join in the practise for CCKG interview class in WISE and speaking English with my son at home!!

31#
發表於 10-4-1 18:05 |只看該作者
請問有冇家長,試過waiting list 而後來又收到電話?

32#
發表於 10-4-1 18:09 |只看該作者
As a new account holder, I am thinking whether I should submit some proof for substantiation (e.g. scan copy of today’s acceptance letter) or just simply remove my previous message.

It’s just a piece of information written by me and circulating on the web. Believe it or not is not my business. I can’t even control anyone’s excessive conjecture on my writing intention. This may be the reason why parents especially in this CCKG forum are reluctantly sharing valuable information among others.

The most important of all, we’ve got the ticket to CCKG. Admission to CCKG doesn’t translate into or guarantee a bright future, but I believe it’s a good indicator that my kid has a good start and she is already on the competitive end.

I think my energy should go to the preparation of the affirmation letter of acceptance since there is a deadline for submission.

Good luck.

33#
發表於 10-4-1 18:15 |只看該作者
原帖由 MommyD 於 10-4-1 17:42 發表
My son has admit to Lower Love! What a surprise for I am just ordinary family, no background, just has join in the practise for CCKG interview class in WISE and speaking English with my son at home!!

Congratulation !

I have an idea. How about arranging a gathering with all accepted boys & girls an outing before the school year commences?

34#
發表於 10-4-1 18:50 |只看該作者
原帖由 TYYC 於 10-4-1 18:09 發表
As a new account holder, I am thinking whether I should submit some proof for substantiation (e.g. scan copy of today’s acceptance letter) or just simply remove my previous message.

It’s just a pie ...

no worries, as the "infamous" person said 真的假不了、假的真不了...

anyway, i am quite interested in joining you gals for a meet or something as my son's also got a place(same class as yours so we might meet up someday if everythings "true")though I havent decided whether i'd take up on their offer yet(not trying to brag here but just that he is doing pretty well at his current school, ymca fyi), so please keep me informed if it really happens.

[ 本帖最後由 winwin3 於 10-4-1 18:53 編輯 ]

35#
發表於 10-4-1 19:34 |只看該作者
My son got accepted as well and I am so proud of him. However, now it's a delima to choose St Cat or CCKG because of my younger son. DO you know if my younger son will have privillege to study in CCKG if my elder one is studying there?

36#
發表於 10-4-1 22:06 |只看該作者
Don't disappointed if you couldn't get an offer by CCKG,to be honest there are only 90 places in CCKG but received around 9000 application forms,my form number is around 8000.so the chance to get into CCKG is very low .I think unless your kids doing pretty good otherwise is no chance and I still thinking the background also important ( just from my point of view )

37#
發表於 10-4-1 22:08 |只看該作者
Congratulation to all successful candidates.  

Would you mind sharing the birth month of your kid?  And what about your kid's character i.e. is it outspoken, proactive, presentable?

Your input is appreciated.

38#
發表於 10-4-1 23:31 |只看該作者
TYYC, sure sure... let's orgainise a gathering before school commence! =)

39#
發表於 10-4-2 10:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 BJLover 於 10-4-1 19:34 發表
My son got accepted as well and I am so proud of him. However, now it's a delima to choose St Cat or CCKG because of my younger son. DO you know if my younger son will have privillege to study in CCKG ...

FYI, many little boys/girls didn't receive any offers from SC even if their elder brothers/sisters  are now studying in SC.

40#
發表於 10-4-2 10:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 TYYC 於 10-4-1 16:42 發表

My daughter is now studying K1 in SC, while she was in an international kinder last year for her N1.

She started playing with alphabets since 6 to 7 months old and she managed to recognize all ca ...

I appreciate your sharing very much. I think CCKG doesn't need a 'writer' to promote itself. I think English and confidence are both important for a child's to be succeeded in the interview.

i have no offer la. good luck to all the successful candidates.

[ 本帖最後由 share123 於 10-4-2 16:28 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題