教育王國 討論區 升中派位 SPCC Admission Result announced
發新帖
樓主: ABC-DAD
go

SPCC Admission Result announced [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-3-10 19:21 |顯示全部帖子
I am also comparing SPCC with DGS.

I find in the Web site of the schools that the elective subjects under NSS Curriculum of both schools are:

(1)Science Education
SPCC: Chemistry, Physics, Biology

DGS: Chemistry, Physics, Biology,Combined Science (Physics, Chemistry), Combined Science (Chemistry, Biology)

(2) Technology Education
SPCC: Information and Communication Technology
DGS: Information and Communication Technology, Business, Accounting and Financial Studies, Technology and Living

From this aspect, it seems that the DGS has more varieties of choices of subjects. Personally I prefer Combined Science to Physics/Chemistry/Biology. Also I like Financial Studies. However, these 2 subject are absent in the list of SPCC.

Have I overlooked anything? Please correct me if I have missed out anything. Thanks.

2#
發表於 10-3-11 16:03 |顯示全部帖子
I further look into the subjects offered in SPCC this morning. I find that it does not offer any accounting-related nor finance-related subject throughout Form 1 to Form 7. It did surprise me but I think the school must have her reason.

On reading the requirements of some universities, I find that studying combined science (Physics and Chemistry) seems to be most "cost effective" because it can fulfill the prerequisite requirement of both department of Egineering and department of Medicine. That is why I favour this subject in particular.

I understand that quality is more important than quantity. The varieties of subjects should not be a dominant factor for choosing a school. But if both schools are nearly equally good, I have to weigh factor by factor.  

Regarding to the comparision of both schools, it is still under consideration and no conclusion can be made up to now. By the way, hope all of you (including me, ha ha...) can make the right choice.

[ 本帖最後由 BigTai 於 10-3-11 16:09 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖