密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 國際學校私補?
查看: 10173|回覆: 31
go

國際學校私補? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-5-14 12:23 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
近日同朋友講起喺國際學校讀緊書既小朋友既private tutor, 請問各位家長有冇特別請private tutor去幫小朋友學業上既問題呢? (e.g. English, Maths, Foreign Languages etc.)

仲有聽聞有家長特別請private tutor去幫小朋友入國際學校, 有冇家長有經驗?

and any recommendation?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-5-14 15:50 |只看該作者
身邊有好多朋友都有請私人老師補習或者出去補習社既都有。。。視乎每一個家庭既需要。有D朋友每一科都請私人老師去屋企補,有D朋友就只會補某D弱D既科目。
但係點講都好,最緊要你既小朋友有沒有呢種需要。千萬唔好人地做你又跟人地做,要睇番你個小朋友。有D小朋友愈迫佢,佢就愈差。
原帖由 glorian 於 10-5-14 12:23 發表
近日同朋友講起喺國際學校讀緊書既小朋友既private tutor, 請問各位家長有冇特別請private tutor去幫小朋友學業上既問題呢? (e.g. English, Maths, Foreign Languages etc.)

仲有聽聞有家長特別請private tutor去幫 ...

3#
發表於 10-5-14 22:21 |只看該作者
想請問係咪有private tutor專補國際學校既學生? 因為坊間既補習社或補習老師都係教主流學校既學生, curriculum唔同, 好難教得好

另外有朋友特別請private tutor幫佢已經係國際學校讀書既小朋友補習, 希望佢入到更好既國際學校。有冇家長試過? work唔work?

唉我都唔想迫佢
不過有d科目我真係搞唔掂 (e.g. foreign languages)
但native speaker又收得ok貴喎
真係唔知俾唔俾佢補好

4#
發表於 10-5-15 14:37 |只看該作者
I thought the benefit of studying in IS to let them study in an inquiry-based learning environment, learn to solve problems and learn team work through projects. These are the things a private tutor cannot teach. If a child's language proficiency is low, then you may want to focus on English alone which is the foundation of learning other subjects. If he has problem in learning foreign languages other than English, then you may want to find out whether he is interested. Motivation is the key to success in any learning.  
Here is an article by a Taiwanese writer which you may be interested.
http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/yolanda-chen/article?mid=11466&prev=11517&next=11432

brgds,

原帖由 glorian 於 10-5-14 22:21 發表

另外有朋友特別請private tutor幫佢已經係國際學校讀書既小朋友補習, 希望佢入到更好 ...

5#
發表於 10-5-15 15:08 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

6#
發表於 10-5-15 18:22 |只看該作者
Is it a learning centre especially for international school students? I have heard of some which are designed for international school students and they teach different curriculums. But it always seems that those learning centres mainly emphasize on secondary education, which makes me wonder if there is any good private tutors who have experience teaching nursery/kindergarten/primary school students from international schools.

Fat7, do you have any experience putting your child there? Can you share with us?

原帖由 Fat7 於 10-5-15 15:08 發表
I know a very professional learning centre in Prince Edward, who has IGSCS and SAT teacher and they familar with International School too, pm me if you need further info

7#
發表於 10-5-15 18:49 |只看該作者
Thank you very much for the online article. The way asian parents force their kids is something we need to think about and improve. But you know sometimes it's hard. Everyone says learning should be fun and we should let our kids learn things the way they want/are interested in. However, the fact is that reality requires you to get good grades, reality is never about fun. It would be the best for a kid to learn efficiently in a fun way. But if he's not, what can parents do about it? Every student needs good grades to get into good schools. This is the reality, something unavoidable.

Of course I would try my very best to teach whatever I can help with my kid's academics. But if I can't (e.g. french, spanish etc.) and his grade isn't that good in that particular subject, I think it is the best to schedule private tutoring sessions for him as the school can't provide extra help other than regular classes.

原帖由 JTmom 於 10-5-15 14:37 發表
I thought the benefit of studying in IS to let them study in an inquiry-based learning environment, learn to solve problems and learn team work through projects. These are the things a private tutor c ...

8#
發表於 10-5-17 20:17 |只看該作者

Happy child

9#
發表於 10-5-18 09:29 |只看該作者

I know 2 places in Lyndhurst Terrace that do private tutoring for IS students.  Budding Kidz (16/F) is for kindy and lower primary.  They focus on their english skills, social and attention skills.  They have group, individual and interview classes.  Their teachers are retired teachers and alumni of various international schools.  They only serve up to 9 years old.

Alpha Academy (5/F) is for upper primary and secondary.  They do tutoring in many subjects and for older children.  They also help with overseas boarding school entrance exams, GCSE, IB, A-level and University applications.  I think they only do individual tutoring, because I have never seen groups of students flocking in and out of their office.

Both of them are pricy, like you said.  But I don't know their exact charges.

[ 本帖最後由 lottieclee 於 10-5-18 09:34 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 10-5-31 23:27 |只看該作者
係啊,真係識補is學生嘅補習老師都唔平架, 一個鐘起碼$350架

11#
發表於 10-6-1 00:42 |只看該作者
Hello, I am currently an international school student who receive offers from world-leading university [including University College London (ranked 4th in the world in 2009), London School of Economics and Political Science, University of Warwick and so forth] .I understand the needs of IS students and I would like to give tutorial lessons for them. If you are interested, you can send me a pm for futher details, thankyou.

12#
發表於 10-6-1 14:54 |只看該作者

13#
發表於 10-6-1 15:30 |只看該作者

醒目開學勳章

14#
發表於 10-6-2 11:13 |只看該作者

15#
發表於 10-6-2 11:52 |只看該作者
May I know what subjects are you assisting IS students?

原帖由 ayaya86 於 10-6-2 11:13 發表
有咁貴嗎? 我而家都幫緊IS既學生 但都係收普通學生既價 你地有興趣都可以PM我

16#
發表於 10-6-2 13:09 |只看該作者
Please check pm. tks.

原帖由 glorian 於 10-5-15 18:22 發表
Is it a learning centre especially for international school students? I have heard of some which are designed for international school students and they teach different curriculums. But it always seem ...

17#
發表於 10-6-4 16:50 |只看該作者

回覆 14# ayaya86 的文章

您好 ! 唔知你有無時間幫我個姪仔,佢小4, Thank you

18#
發表於 10-6-4 20:04 |只看該作者
I don't consider it is a nice comment on this IS student's offer.

In addition, Oxbridge are generally ranked top (I believe you mean these two), mind you, other U in UK & USA are good for particular subjects though they are not what you mean 'top' U in the world.

The kid is proud to have the offers from those Us, It's not appropriate comments if someone knows nothing about the Us or the background of the countries.

原帖由 jediknight 於 10-6-1 14:54 發表
Ha! Ha! None of the universities you mentioned are considered as the first tiers universities in the world. In UK, I only consider two universities belonging to the world's overall tier one universiti ...

19#
發表於 10-6-4 23:02 |只看該作者

20#
發表於 10-6-5 23:03 |只看該作者
http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/hybrid.asp?typeCode=438
原帖由 jediknight 於 10-6-4 23:02 發表
including University College London (ranked 4th in the world in 2009),London School of Economics and Political Science, University of Warwickand so forth

UCL ranked 4th in the world in 2009 - really? ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題