樓主: Pekklesiu
go

英華同陳守仁你會點揀? [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 10-6-11 17:01 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

102#
發表於 10-6-11 17:24 |只看該作者
he he he! as i said, everyone has a different view from the point where they stand.
i was in fact talking my own opinion about the matter of parents' attitude.

i have once discussed with a parent about selecting primary school stuff.... and there was that sentence that shocked me and put me in a speechless moment for a while....
"... yeah, this school is good!!! you wouldn't like the parent's job of your child's classmate is selling fish in the market, right?" ...
i was thinking she was kidding... the time i knew that she was serious... i knew that we have different mind set and that school is actually not for our son... (ummmm, even i only buy fish in the market and not selling anything there. )
to be honest, i've never been shocked by the behaviour of any primary pupils in hong kong. however, sometime the attitude of hong kong parents really impress me!!!!

by the way, i agree with you that me neither, cannot support loud & boisterous behaviour from my kids in a classical music concert or a french restaurant! knowing well my children well, from my side, i know that i would never bring along my kids with us at a classical music concert or a chic french restaurant as i don't expect then by any way they would enjoy it and understand why they should suppress themselves... children have bad behavious only when they feel bored..
however, if kids enjoy the activities that they are doing, they can stay calm and focus for hours in the library or study room. i don't dare to say anything that the school should or shouldn't do anything better on this purpose... however, i'm sure that the parents should not expect the school does everything for them on this area...

do you have a list of schools which their pupils are frequently seen running wild in the streets or in public areas? i'm curious to know.

原帖由 mow-mow 於 11/6/2010 16:13 發表
Now this I can support whole heartedly!
Work hard & play hard are equally important in life.
But while I can accept, perhaps even encourage, loud & boisterous behaviour from my kids in a playroom or i ...
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

103#
發表於 10-6-29 10:51 |只看該作者
我都覺得TSL既學生好似讀得好開心咁, 其實又怕唔怕會令小朋友越黎越心散呢?

我都好頭痛, 想仔仔讀得開開心心, 但又怕冇晒分吋, YW相對地好似校風嚴謹些, 但讀書壓力大些又怕仔仔辛苦... 都真係好矛盾...

104#
發表於 10-6-29 13:00 |只看該作者
個人認為, 讀得開開心心,先會真正自動自覺(個人認為)...
有冇人聽過小朋友玩PSP或者Wii係唔開心? 咁有冇人聽過要泊佢哋先會玩?
(以上係個人認為,不喜勿笑...)

原帖由 HAPPY^_^ 於 29/6/2010 10:51 發表
我都覺得TSL既學生好似讀得好開心咁, 其實又怕唔怕會令小朋友越黎越心散呢?

我都好頭痛, 想仔仔讀得開開心心, 但又怕冇晒分吋, YW相對地好似校風嚴謹些, 但讀書壓力大些又怕仔仔辛苦... 都真係好矛盾... ...
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

105#
發表於 10-6-29 14:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 flostangraphy 於 10-6-11 17:24 發表
...i have once discussed with a parent about selecting primary school stuff.... and there was that sentence that shocked me and put me in a speechless moment for a while....
"... yeah, this school is good!!! you wouldn't like the parent's job of your child's classmate is selling fish in the market, right?" ...
i was thinking she was kidding... the time i knew that she was serious... i knew that we have different mind set and that school is actually not for our son... ...

I really don't understand why would the opinion and/or level of a single parent affects the suitability of a school?

Does this parent runs the school?
Is s/he the only parent in that school?
Or, you envision that every other parent is a clone of this parent?

If I were to discuss TSL with you and I said "gee, you wouldn't want your kids to have parents selling XXX in the market, right ?".

Would that affect TSL as of what kind of school it is?
Would that affect TSL as your choice?

106#
發表於 10-6-29 15:00 |只看該作者
yeah! you are absolutely right!
to be honest, as i said.... we do look for a school which has parents with a similar thinking and idea.... so if your child is in school... and you told me that too, it would do affect my impression about the tsl....(luckily, thanks god, with all the parents of tsl i have discussed and met since, none of them made me change my impression of tsl!! )
it's just like a lot of parents would be affected the choice of tsl when parent said that there are quite a number of south asia pupils and pupils are much more active than other traditional schools (however, parents who likely want to put their children in this school wouldn't concern about this, anyway we don't. my wife talked with a couple of india parents during the open day, and we are impressed they are very cultivate and interesting).
i think at the end it's just us, we can't afford the school fee of "non fisherman" school anyway .... so we didn't bother to go further... as i said, it's base on my own opinion and knowing my son that the school is suitable or not to my son.
not in anyway that i said that school or this parent is good or not.
i admitted that we all can have different thinking and mindset. i just shared mine. and as you have mentioned, i'm just one single parent, my wife already has similar but different mindset.
so please don't bother about our opinion....discuss with more parents to have a more global idea of the school.
however, i'm sorry if i have offended you or anyone in anyway!!
it was not my attention!

原帖由 nadal 於 29/6/2010 14:53 發表

I really don't understand why would the opinion and/or level of a single parent affects the suitability of a school?

Does this parent runs the school?
Is s/he the only parent in that school?
Or, yo ...

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 10-6-29 15:44 編輯 ]
    -Steve Jobs-

107#
發表於 10-6-29 15:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 flostangraphy 於 10-6-29 15:00 發表

Never mind.

I just hate to see it when people got an incorrect impression of any school because of some silly comments from parents who may or even may not have kids going to that school.

My 2 cents.

108#
發表於 10-6-29 15:45 |只看該作者

原帖由 nadal 於 29/6/2010 15:16 發表

Never mind.

I just hate to see it when people got an incorrect impression of any school because of some silly comments from parents who may or even may not have kids going to that school.

My 2 ce ...
    -Steve Jobs-

109#
發表於 10-6-29 16:23 |只看該作者
某程度上我都同意你所講既, 我都係想小朋友讀得開心d, 起碼讀得開心先會唔抗拒, 學習領悟上效果都相對好d, 我相信兩間都係好既學校, 在栽培學生方面, 兩間都有其熱誠, 有其可取之處; 反而是我地家長要好好考慮自己小孩的個性適合邊間學校, 因其實兩間都好唔同, 一間傳統d, 一間活動d; 我的小朋友算係活躍一類, 成日都坐唔定, 又鍾意說話, 但係在學習/閱讀時就可以好專注好投入, 完全係兩個表現, 所以我都唔肯定到究竟傳統學習定活動教學會適合佢多些, 在這個情況下, 我唯有再考慮佢係咪谷得, 受唔受到大d既讀書壓力...  我咁樣考慮岩唔岩呢?

原帖由 flostangraphy 於 10-6-29 13:00 發表
個人認為, 讀得開開心心,先會真正自動自覺(個人認為)...
有冇人聽過小朋友玩PSP或者Wii係唔開心? 咁有冇人聽過要泊佢哋先會玩?
(以上係個人認為,不喜勿笑...)

110#
發表於 10-6-29 16:28 |只看該作者
我會揀英華, 因成績唔太差, 可以上番其中學, 唔洗6年後再煩.

原帖由 HAPPY^_^ 於 10-6-29 16:23 發表
某程度上我都同意你所講既, 我都係想小朋友讀得開心d, 起碼讀得開心先會唔抗拒, 學習領悟上效果都相對好d, 我相信兩間都係好既學校, 在栽培學生方面, 兩間都有其熱誠, 有其可取之處; 反而是我地家長要好好考慮自己小 ...

111#
發表於 10-6-29 16:36 |只看該作者
Please don't get me wrong, I am not offended in anyway what so ever. My kid is not in YW or TSL.

Lets say 30 students per class, 5 classes in each form.From P1 to P6 we have: 30 X 5 X 6 X 2 = 1800 parents.

With this school size, you are bound to meet parents who think like AND parents who think nothing like you.

112#
發表於 10-6-29 17:30 |只看該作者
again, you are surely right.
however, i do think the parents have read and agreed with the school vision and education philosophy before putting their child in the school.  
of cause, i don't exclude there is also an exception. i agree that i may just have met the exception of that school.... well.... unlucky me....
but as i said, i didn't go further to prove it anyway as we can't afford the school fee (we considered a good, expensive school is not the right school for our son). so we have anyway needed to focus on the right schools we selected. we didn't want to apply more schools anyway.
so please don't focus on my words which have mislead you, thinking that i mean this parent has changed my mind from this school which is certainly a good school ... this parent actually just confirmed that my son is not suitable for this school among other inquiries...

原帖由 nadal 於 29/6/2010 16:36 發表
Please don't get me wrong, I am not offended in anyway what so ever. My kid is not in YW or TSL.

Lets say 30 students per class, 5 classes in each form.From P1 to P6 we have: 30 X 5 X 6 X 2 = 1800 pa ...

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 10-6-29 17:32 編輯 ]
    -Steve Jobs-

113#
發表於 10-6-29 18:06 |只看該作者
If Ying Wa primary school accepts your child, you are very lucky.

Ying Wa secondary school released 35 seats for SSC and they received
almost 1000 applications.

Boys wish to get a place for S1, he need to show his extraordinary skills + good academic results.

This is a very good school and not easy to get a place both in the primary and secondary level.

114#
發表於 10-6-30 00:05 |只看該作者
Agreed totally.

原帖由 nadal 於 10-6-29 16:36 發表

Lets say 30 students per class, 5 classes in each form.From P1 to P6 we have: 30 X 5 X 6 X 2 = 1800 pa ...

115#
發表於 10-6-30 09:33 |只看該作者
假如我有囝囝, 我必選英華, 因為:
1. 有中學
2. 程度/校風好
3. 男校

原帖由 Pekklesiu 於 10-6-1 11:42 發表
英華同陳守仁你會點揀?
英華D程度深定陳守仁深?
男校係咪唔好呢?
陳守仁幾時交FORM?

好多問題, 好煩呀???

116#
發表於 10-6-30 10:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 alwayssmile 於 10-6-30 09:33 發表
假如我有囝囝, 我必選英華, 因為:
1. 有中學
2. 程度/校風好
3. 男校
有人嫌棄男校,又有人喜歡男校,好得意

117#
發表於 10-6-30 10:52 |只看該作者
認同1,2點:

3. 學費平 (當然唔係最重要)

假如我有囝囝, 我必選英華, 因為:
1. 有中學
2. 程度/校風好
3. 男校

118#
發表於 10-6-30 11:13 |只看該作者
香港最top的學院 ------ "恒生商學書院"。請留意今日新聞。

咁唔知讀 YW 還是讀 TSL入"恒商"機會高呢   !!!???

119#
發表於 10-6-30 11:43 |只看該作者
我仔前年有機會入英華小學,但就是老公反對讀"男校",佢話一讀12年男校,佢覺得按受唔到,所以無讀英華了!

假如我有囝囝, 我必選英華, 因為:
1. 有中學
2. 程度/校風好
3. 男校

120#
發表於 10-6-30 11:53 |只看該作者
he he he!!! 兩間機會好微lor....好似冇得小學直上"恒生商學書院" 架.....

原帖由 yypapa 於 30/6/2010 11:13 發表
香港最top的學院 ------ "恒生商學書院"。請留意今日新聞。

咁唔知讀 YW 還是讀 TSL入"恒商"機會高呢   !!!???
    -Steve Jobs-
‹ 上一主題|下一主題