教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 我個女34個月, 被評遲左9個月
發新帖
查看: 8918|回覆: 0
go

[聽/語障] 我個女34個月, 被評遲左9個月 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-6-12 00:30 |顯示全部帖子
Your case is so similar to mine.  

My daughter was a late talker.  She started to speak very simple words at the age of 2.  When she was a baby, she was taken care by a local helper at home.  I mainly talked and played with her in English in hope to enlighten her bilingual capacity because I never thought of my daugther would have a problem in language development especailly when she needed to attend a day care center at the age of 1.5 year-old.  Well, I started to notice her delay when she was in the day care because she spoke very little compared with her peers, but i was told that childs had their own progress and not getting too worried.  So I kept teaching her in english.  

At age 2, she attended a international stream in pre-nursery.  Still, problem existed as I noticed no improvement in term of expressing herself either in chinese or english.  Worse, she started to speak chinese with incorrected sentense structure similar to english fashion.  She could only spoke fragment phase,  had a articulated problem with certain sound.  She couldn't blow a bubble, couldn't make a "O" or "simile" mouth shape when she spoke.  So the words came from her mouth like a blur, or what i called "a lazy tongue".

Now, she is in K1.  I finally get her to a speech training in a private centre to improve her articulation and expression.  Now, I only speak chinese, read chinese  stories, teach chinese sentence and encourage to tell me very simple stories.

So my conclusion is: some children borned with a strong language sense, they can handle different language signals with ease ( like my younger son who just turned 2 in May. He started to talk before age of 1, he can easily pick up english from my philipino maid and playgroup but i never talk and teach him in english ).  But some children just is better off in a single language environment.  When they grow up and get ready, they will pick up a second language with a better pace.  There is really no need to hurry a child to grow up.  I personally know a husband of a friend who skipped K1 and started schooling in K2.  His parents didn't give him any english lessions at young age. He never went oversea to study.  Yet he received a "A" grade in HKCEE and A Level in English.  I have never met another male whose english ( both writing and speaking ) standard is as good as him!!   

Hope my sharing helps.  Let's be strong :)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題