教育王國 討論區 小一選校 名牌幼稚園對入好小學係咪真係咁重要?
發新帖
查看: 12066|回覆: 3
go

名牌幼稚園對入好小學係咪真係咁重要? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-6-10 02:45 |顯示全部帖子

important?

Getting into top government schools is dependent on lucky draw.   There is small 5% places allocated to cross areas.   So kindergarten does not matter.   Most top government schools operate elite classes.  

Getting into private schools requires luck and interview performance.  Does kindergarten matters?   Probably.

Getting in is one thing and surviving is another.   Here is story of 2 kids attending the same top government school.   Kid A comes from famous kindergarten and the other from average kinder.   Kid A is top 3 of the class.  Kid B start school year struggling and had to take remedial classes.  Kid B's parent were told the kid had learning difficulties.  Kid B now takes after school outside remedial classes to keep up.  

Another story of 2 kids, similarly from different kinders, one famous and the other average, and now attending top government school.  Former kid is in the top bunch and other near the bottom.   

Getting in is just part of equation.  Surviving the 6 years is other.  

Even government schools need to keep their reputations by producing be students to band 1 secondary schools.

2#
發表於 10-6-10 03:03 |顯示全部帖子

學劵?

學劵 comes at price.  Kinders accepting 學劵 are required to follow education department guidelines.  Hence, most famous kinders are not hinder by this.

3#
發表於 10-6-11 01:27 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 cincin_ko 於 10-6-10 23:33 發表
i know nowadays the kids go to interest class is must and i think at least not less than 2 kinds...

Did anyone know if DSS/Private schoold will aslo accept the children from average kinder? Any succe ...

Interest classes are not so important, kids are still very young.   My girl went to several but my boy none so far, will take up swimming soon.

Sure, DSS /PS will take kids from average kinders, search the forums and you can find some mum provide this information.

4#
發表於 10-6-11 14:31 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 magiccandy 於 10-6-11 13:18 發表
If it's the case that both students are of similar level, then the name of the KG will also matter because it shows how much (money+effort) the parents are willing to pay. In Hong Kong, background and ...

If that is the case then students at York, which probably charges the most fee and do most outside activities, should do very well.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題