教育王國 討論區 國際學校 BILINGUAL
發新帖
查看: 2017|回覆: 4
go

BILINGUAL [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-6-29 11:28 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Darth 於 10-6-27 23:40 發表
Actually, no IS is genuinely bilingual. So, if you want bilingual education, IS should not be your choice anyway.

What do you mean?

Students in IS not capable of becoming truly bilingual?  Or, international schools in HK are so hopelessly useless that they can't go down the bilingual path?

They are thousands of bilingual schools in this world.  What makes HK so different that "genuine" bilingual schools become a rarity, if not an impossibility.  Have HK parents been subjected to some unknown radiation that they have to blindly worship English and believe that their kids must give up some Chinese to learn English?  What's so special about English?  It's one of the easiest language to learn.  Obviously we are living in different worlds (phew...)  Sons and daughters of people I know see no difficulty in becoming truly bilingual/tri-lingual/multi-lingual.

2#
發表於 10-6-29 12:42 |顯示全部帖子
So, FIS is not genuinely bilingual; nor is GSIS. And SIS/RC/ISF don't know what they are doing.

[French and Spanish] are languages that are a lot more easy to learn than Chinese.

It's really sad that some very local HK Chinese (I do not necessarily mean you, unless of course you consider yourself one of them) tend to pick up this sort of thinking. Pathetic.

And, isn't it strange that gweilos are more fond of Chinese these days?  It's the very local HK Chinese who tend to belittle their own language and culture, and to overstate the difficulty of learning English and Chinese.

[ 本帖最後由 iamfine 於 10-6-29 12:49 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 10-6-29 12:48 |顯示全部帖子
Question of the Day:

Who will tend to think that local Chinese students can't learn both Chinese and English well?

4#
發表於 10-6-29 12:57 |顯示全部帖子
My question is a question is a question.

5#
發表於 10-6-29 13:07 |顯示全部帖子
It's more than that.  I actually adore those gweilos who speak our language and appreciate our cultures, as I adore those gweilos and gweipos who speak Japanese, Burmese, Takalog, Punjabi ... and I also adore those Chinese who also speak English, French, Japanese, German, Hindi...

On the other hand, I actually despise those French who don't appreciate French culture, Japanese who don't care about Japanese, German who don't listen to Beethoven and Bach, and local HK Chinese who consider Chinese a lesser language.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題