教育王國 討論區 備戰大學 Sharing of IB vs NSS
發新帖
樓主: ANChan59
go

Sharing of IB vs NSS   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-8-17 20:44 |顯示全部帖子
ANChan59,

Can I have the tutorial detail as well? Thanks.

原帖由 bc80469 於 10-7-31 18:00 發表
Hi ANChan59
Could u PM me the eng tutorial details.  Many thanks in advance.

2#
發表於 10-8-20 14:55 |顯示全部帖子
Hi AN Chan,

Thanks for all your sharing that's really helpful and useful to me.

Do you think BA is good for writing?

I have a silly question.
After you took the pre-IB course for one year, if you change your mind, can you switch back to the NSS course?
I know a lot of kids who couldn’t get good result from CE exam this year. They switch to NSS F5 and will take NSS exam in F6.

What will be your comment to study and attend GCE O level and GCE A level in Hong Kong? My girl’s school offer a choice between NSS and GCE A level exam two years later.

Thanks.

原帖由 ANChan59 於 10-8-20 11:00 發表
Check your pm

3#
發表於 10-8-20 15:40 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Peremum,
Any special reason?
Thanks.

原帖由 peremum 於 10-8-20 15:11 發表
I suggest IGCSE & GCE AL

4#
發表於 10-8-20 19:05 |顯示全部帖子
Dear AC CHAN and Peremum,

Thanks for the valuable advice and sharing.

My girl is in F2 right now.
Her school compulsory asks them to join GCE O level at F4. After that they will provide two years education on between GCE A level and NSS.

They didn’t offer IB course but if we get good result in O level, it’s not difficult to apply IB course in other schools (same as students nowadays)

For university, I will choose the best one among HK, UK or Canada according to her examination result. It’s a hot topic for all parents to compare GCE A level and NSS.

I would like to know more to make best choice for my girl.

原帖由 ANChan59 於 10-8-20 16:13 發表

Yes, I see BA is good for writing skills.

IB & NSS have different curricullum and teaching methods, that's why we need to study them carefully to make a better choice.

Most IB students plan to st ...

5#
發表於 10-8-20 21:09 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 90# ANChan59 的文章

Thanks for your advice.
It’s quite difficult to ask her to change to other school.  We have the chance last year but she really doesn’t want to change at all.  She wants to stay with her friends (10 years friends) . I think the only possible to change is after GCE O-leave or at F6.

6#
發表於 10-8-21 13:46 |顯示全部帖子

回復 92# ANChan59 的帖子 and Peremum

AC Chan,
Sometimes, I can't force her to change to other school as she has a lot of friends and the environment is fine.
One more question, when we apply local university, do you know if A-level will be in the same line as IB?

Peremum,
Most of parents in senior form will choose A-level instead of NSS in her school.
I attended A-level exam and I fully understand what is it.
I try my best to understand more about IB and NSS to make better choice.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題