搜索
教育王國 討論區 中學交流 聖保羅書院家長交流區
樓主: yeahyeahyeah
go

聖保羅書院家長交流區   [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 12-7-2 13:53 |顯示全部帖子
Hello everyone,

I have not been logging in for such a long time. My son was a SPC boy, but we decided he should go to other country to persue his studies, so after  F4 he went to Canada last year.  My son was a scout, a school perfect, orchestra cellist, swimming team member/manager, and he joined all kinds of clubs within the four years in school. He enjoyed it very much, and what I found was that the school gives you much freedom.

I would like to thank you especially to ElizaW for her blogs about the school and the old boys from HKU. She really said what I felt all these years. Besides, the old boys from HKU is really a plus for the SPC boys now, they come every April to do tutoring for the science subjects. And the scout troop, it is a must to join (at least this is my thought). Although most parents (even my husband) think that it takes all the time the boys have, but it worth it. They can learn so much, especially when you are promoted to scout captain (it is usually when they are F3, then they will be promoted to scout captain)

Besides, although there are not so much homework, ask your sons to read more in their leisure time. Do not let  them to have a habit of playing video games, they may think they have more than enough time in F1/F2,  to play video games and do homework, but if it is a habit, then when they in F3/ higher form, then they will not enough time to read. Just ask them to read extra books more, no matter it is Chinese or English books. When they go to university, reading is essential.

My son loves to read, especially English books, so now, when he goes to other country to read English, it is not a problem for him.

For the scouts, my son may have seen him, since for these three days, my son has also gone to the camp. If your son is in the scout troop, when he comes home tonight, ask him about this old boy of SPC. He should have seen my boy.

If anyone wants to know more about the school or anything about upbringing of your son, you can let me know by emailing me- [email protected]

Amy

22#
發表於 12-7-3 08:44 |顯示全部帖子
回復 hogwarts 的帖子

Hi Hogwarts and ElizaW,
How are you? It's nice to see you all here. My son will be going back to the school everyday to join the swimming team.

Amy

23#
發表於 12-7-5 17:00 |顯示全部帖子
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your warm welcome. It's really feel like home here. It is summer time. Let the kids have some fun. But mind you, still ask them to read through the summer time. For those boys who are still in lower grades, help them to find out their interest. This can be done through the summer activities.

Every summer, I registered all kinds of stuffs for my son, like kayaking, swimming, still going to scouts, and playing cello. He did also Chinese ink painting, and went for some fun lessons from CUHK or HKUST.

So get rolling and let's have some fun together.

Amy

24#
發表於 12-7-16 14:38 |顯示全部帖子
回復 abigbird 的帖子

Hi abigbird,
My son was in the school orchestra, and usually the school set once a week for practice. When my son was still in SPC, it was every Monday after school. But when inter-school competition comes, they will have extra practice lessons, and the teacher-in-charge will distribute a notice telling parents what the times are, and the boys have to be there punctually, or a mark will be deducted.

Hope this clairifies what you want to know.

Amy

‹ 上一主題|下一主題
你需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊