用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
樓主: share123
go

SPCC [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-8-13 19:59 |只看該作者
SPCC teaches one year higher which means we finish the whole primary sys. in five years.  During P6, we prepare secondary's work.  
I find the most difficult subject is Chinese , we use  人民日報或師範大學文章.   My daughter has two Chinese tutors every week.

This coming Sept, my son should choose secondary school, he insists not to go to SPCC.  He doesn't want to study as hard as his sister.

About the competition, it all depends on the parent.  How you pass this pressure to your kids.  A lot of them get very high marks in exam.  My daughter said, her friend even cried when she got 98 marks.  However, my daughter is so happy each day to school for only getting around 85 marks. Because I tell her everyday, as long as you try your best, whatever the marks you have , you are still my "only love"    :loveliness:

22#
發表於 10-8-13 20:14 |只看該作者
peter_pan,

Do you have a clear picture now?  I hope that I can help all of you who are interested in SPCC

23#
發表於 10-8-14 09:09 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

24#
發表於 10-8-14 12:08 |只看該作者
Eunice,
It is not often we get detailed analysis from parents who have 1st hand information of 2 schools (especially 2 very popular schools).
So a big thank you for all your information!

原帖由 eunice1015 於 10-8-13 20:14 發表
peter_pan,

Do you have a clear picture now?  I hope that I can help all of you who are interested in SPCC

25#
發表於 10-8-14 12:31 |只看該作者
想請問有否講明限製 portfolio 的頁數 ? 另外內容及自薦信是應該寫中文 or 英文呢 ?

Many thanks !!

26#
發表於 10-8-14 13:09 |只看該作者
About the portfoilo, well I prepared about 30 pages for my elder son but he didn't get into it.  Whereas I did not prepare more than 10 pages portfoilo for my second daughter.  And she got into it at the end.  So I believe the portfoilo does not help much, it depends on the interview. She even told me that she got full marks for her first interview.  I stilll remembered my elder son ran around school for the first interview whereas my daughter sat quietly nearly for 2 hours for the second interview.

27#
發表於 10-8-14 13:26 |只看該作者
peter_pan,

If you are interested in both SPCC and Paul Boys',  for Paul Boys', as long as your son study hard, his result should not be too low because the exam paper is quite straight forward.  Whereas for SPCC, the exam paper requires a lot of personal opionion.  The principal is preparing to connect the IB course in secondary school.  The exam papers even need to answer in full sentences for P1 whereas for Paul Boys or St Joseph only answers in words for P1.

One more thing I find between SPCC and Paul Boys' is that the teacher seems to be more caring to the students in Paul Boys than SPCC.  It may be due to the heavy work loads for the teachers in SPCC.

28#
發表於 10-8-14 17:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 eunice1015 於 10-8-14 13:09 發表
About the portfoilo, well I prepared about 30 pages for my elder son but he didn't get into it.  Whereas I did not prepare more than 10 pages portfoilo for my second daughter.  And she got into it at  ...

Thanks for your sharing.   Most cases I know are the elder child got admitted, then most of their siblings have been successfully admitted.

So in your opinions, what things that are accountable for your daughter to be able to admitted to SPCC while your elder son hadn't?  Do you think this is because of the characters, personalities, abilities, kindergarten etc?

thanks
again

29#
發表於 10-8-14 18:22 |只看該作者
Daisy,

I think the principal choose the characters she likes and the teacher marks according to her ability.  As I said before, she could sit quietly without moving for nearly 2 hours during her second interview.  And she said to me that she got full marks in the first interview when she was told to do different things from various teachers.

Also she came from St Paul Kindergarten, all the kids there are very well-trained to be independent

30#
發表於 10-8-14 21:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 eunice1015 於 10-8-14 18:22 發表
Daisy,

I think the principal choose the characters she likes and the teacher marks according to her ability.  As I said before, she could sit quietly without moving for nearly 2 hours during her sec ...

Thanks again.

So do you think a kid who is quiet, concentrate, is able to wait patiently will have advantage?  Is a child talkative not something that is favourable?

thanks
daisy17772

31#
發表於 10-8-14 23:26 |只看該作者
Daisy,

I think so.

Eunice

32#
發表於 10-8-15 09:04 |只看該作者
Eunice,
You are such a gem - not only do you have 1st hand information of Co-ed & Paul Boys, you also have 1st hand information of St Joseph's!
I must say that I didn't think there is much between them but from what you are saying, Co-ed does seem to be yet another level higher.
Guess the question really is whether the kid & the parents can cope with the demand!

原帖由 eunice1015 於 10-8-14 13:26 發表
peter_pan,

If you are interested in both SPCC and Paul Boys',  for Paul Boys', as long as your son study hard, his result should not be too low because the exam paper is quite straight forward.  Wher ...

33#
發表於 10-8-15 10:18 |只看該作者
peter_pan,

The command I made between SPCC and Paul Boys' is actually quoted from my son.  There is always a joke around my siblings at home."名校唔易讀, 浚浚一定唔讀" 名校 is SPCC, 浚浚 is my son.

By the way, how old is your son?

34#
發表於 10-8-16 11:27 |只看該作者
Hi Eunice,

Thanks for your sharing. I'd like to know whether the interviews, both St. Paul Boys and SPCC, are conducted in English or Cantonese?

And do you think that the child being a Christian is an important criteria? Do your son and daugther  (for both schools) have classmates who are Catholic?

35#
發表於 10-8-16 12:34 |只看該作者
Cann

Both of the interview for SPCC and Paul Boys are conducted in Chinese.  For my siblings they are not either Christian or Catholic.

Eunice
‹ 上一主題|下一主題