密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 DBS真係好煩!
樓主: thomasha
go

DBS真係好煩! [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-9-11 23:43 |顯示全部帖子
Her post is not important.  If the headteacher assigns her to answer parents' enquiries, I am entitled to take the clerk (or whatever her post is)'s words as representing the school.

Just like, if you are a boss, you will try to ensure that your receptionist disseminates correct info, and that if she does not have the authority or ability to give an answer, she should consult others who have such authority before answering.

Thank you for letting me know how liberal DBS is.  If I had known it earlier, I would have addressed my concern to the headteacher or someone senior in the school instead.  I really believed the lady answering the phone had the authority and ability to give me those answers.
原帖由 ANChan59 於 10-9-11 23:23 發表
He/she is a clerk only.....

Will they be interviewers?

What I mean for liberal is my son can challenge Terrence Cheung in the assembly, teachers etc with grounds of course, they can take it. You can ...

22#
發表於 10-9-12 00:24 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you for your good wishes.  If your son is applying for P1 this time, I hope he will be accepted by any school you (and your son) desires and you will have choices to choose from.
原帖由 ANChan59 於 10-9-11 23:58 發表
Whoever is not important right now.

Your son is the most important, that's his chance and future. I wish he can have the offer from DBSPD and you and your son have a choice to take it or leave it.

23#
發表於 10-9-12 00:37 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you for sharing the details.  I didn't know the inconsistency between the 2 seminars, even though the school had stressed several times that they were identical.  If I had known that before, it would have added to my fury.

My solution:
1. Provide only the school reports for the last term of each of K1 and K2 (3 pages each, shrunk to one page each with small but legible text size)
2. Print birth cert+IDs of parents on the same page - ID's on the blank space on the birth cert.
3. Shrink everything else to a still legible size.

原帖由 bbAvalon 於 10-9-11 23:58 發表
as some people told, it seems that there are two version of requirement of 10 pages as mentioned in their seminars.  pls correct if below information is wrong.

In Seminar 1: Only 10 pages including K ...

24#
發表於 10-9-12 02:38 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you for your understanding.

I don't mind even fewer pages of "other info" so long as the requirements are clearly and publicly stated.  One of the schools we are going to apply only lets us give 2 pages of "other info".  It is their right and we can think of how to comply with the requirement the best we can as early as possible.

It is quite common for the page limit to refer to the portfolio or "other info" only and naturally we tend to assume it is true for DBS too.  Some smart parents did not want to rely on this assumption and called the school for clarification, so this "game" started to run wildly after the shocking news about the scope of the 10 pages was received. :)
原帖由 angelhair 於 10-9-12 02:11 發表
I also attended the first briefing section and all along I think that the 10 pages means the page limit of "portfolio" and therefore should not include any supporting document like HKID, Birth Cert, S ...

25#
發表於 10-9-12 02:49 |顯示全部帖子
Congratulations!

I think it is only fair to all applicants that the requirements are published and have enough details for the parents to prepare the materials accordingly.  If some info is only disseminated in the admission briefing or by answering phone enquiries, it will be unfair to parents who cannot afford the time or effort in attending the briefing or making phone calls to the school during office hours.

Anyway, I submitted the 10-page attachment today.  
原帖由 yypapa 於 10-9-12 02:27 發表
angelhair,

I attended the first session and had the same understanding as you do.  Sticking on this belief, I submitted today 2 pages of b-certificate + ID,  12 pages of K1+K2 report card and 10 page ...

26#
發表於 10-9-12 20:25 |顯示全部帖子
No, they won't check the originals.
原帖由 d2343130 於 10-9-12 16:42 發表
其實交表時會CHECK 正本嗎?

27#
發表於 10-9-12 20:28 |顯示全部帖子
Logically, if they already asked parents to withdraw the excess pages, they would not have a basis to deduct marks unless the collector of forms made a remark somewhere to let interviewers know an excess of pages has been submitted.  As I didn't see any such remarks while the forms were submitted, I suppose the counting will be done by the interviewers themselves and any excess will be penalised directly.
原帖由 bbAvalon 於 10-9-12 10:40 發表
As I have called the school whether it is fine to submit 2-3 additional pages as my schhool reports are too much that will over 10 pages requirement.  The lady is strictly said that they will not acce ...

28#
發表於 10-9-12 20:30 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, the more you are related to DBS, the tighter your pages. haha
原帖由 angelhair 於 10-9-12 18:28 發表
Still working...

回心一諗,if 10 page is all-inclusive, 咁又係聖公會又係舊生嗰啲咪仲弊?

29#
發表於 10-9-13 07:51 |顯示全部帖子
Unfortunately, this happened in the 2nd session of the admission briefing and in the 1st session, in which the headmaster said clearly that marks will be deducted.  
原帖由 huba 於 10-9-13 01:29 發表
Relax. A parent has asked the headteacher the question about excessive pages caused by lengthy schools reports. The headteacher replied that it's she who read the submitted documents and just 2 or 3 p ...

30#
發表於 10-9-13 09:39 |顯示全部帖子
我已經交左表,其實o係呢度"豬up"都係想將所知所想同其他家長分享,等佢地自己決定點樣處理。

撇開校方發放消息的方法和內容有疏漏同唔一致唔講,其實講到尾只係佔5分,係咪值得花大多周章去諗實在見仁見智。

我係個比較講原則o既人,所以都會盡力符合人地o既要求。不過,如果有d好正o既野想俾校長知,話唔定加o既分仲多過超過篇幅可能扣o既分。

總之,唔好因為呢d野令你顧此失彼,黎緊仲有大把野做架。
原帖由 manmak88 於 10-9-13 09:15 發表
其實大家不用重複又重複甘去估對方會點
老實說你知道什麼是重要什麼是不重要的吧
資料不是多就好, 如果你覺得全都重要, 米比曬佢......
佢5% 的分可能見你多左頁減你幾分, 不過可能見你多出來的資料好正又加反幾分.. ...

31#
發表於 10-9-13 11:37 |顯示全部帖子
St Paul Boys improved their specifications this year by saying no binding was necessary in their web site and in the "notes to applicants" leaflet.  It seems to make sense as they will destroy the application documents afterwards and it will save their time in removing the binding and shredding the papers.
原帖由 hsbmama 於 10-9-13 11:23 發表
Last year, I went to St Paul Boys with a 5 pgs portfolio total but binded on the side, when I got there the man who accepted my form and portfolio cut off the side where I had binded to make 5 pgs of  ...

32#
發表於 10-9-13 12:54 |顯示全部帖子
很同意,profile應該精簡,交得越厚不等於機會一定高一點,反而校長更有可能一眼也不看。

我製作的profile以簡約清楚為主,沒有釘裝,只用釘書機釘著左上角,比賽證書兩三張,推薦信兩三張,再加一個簡單但有條理,像履歷表的文字簡介,就完工了,頂多是有些學校我會多交一張全是照片的放在最後作點綴。
原帖由 littlefaith 於 10-9-13 12:27 發表

看了這麼多評論,個人覺得最中肯就是這個。
不知打從何年何月,家長報小一「需要」遞交小朋友的個人槪覽,比見工還認真。真懷疑究竟有多少學校會認認真真去逐本細看設計精美、證書滿載的profile,尤其是至熱門的、動輒數千 ...

33#
發表於 10-9-13 13:19 |顯示全部帖子
I have no doubts about the superiority of DBS old boys to others.  BTW, I was just joking in the comment you quoted.

Maybe the headteacher just wanted to distract parents from their focus and see how many of them could find the rationale behind what she said or what the web site stated. haha
原帖由 hsbmama 於 10-9-13 13:04 發表
Frankly, DBS old boys will not have a problem with that at all!!!  They will be able to find the rationale/essence of such a request and work with it from there, they don't need to work by following d ...

34#
發表於 10-9-13 13:24 |顯示全部帖子
我都係用Excel之嘛。

篇幅限制緊d o既學校,我就連封面都唔擺,反正我個仔又唔係特別靚仔。
原帖由 戀仔狂 於 10-9-13 13:06 發表

我個做法同你差唔多, 全部用word整(真失禮, 我只識用word )
不過我張d相攞黎做封面

35#
發表於 10-9-13 17:41 |顯示全部帖子
Not for my son's kindergarten.  3 pages per term, 2 terms per year.  The appraisal report grades different aspects of my son's performance - even the ability to hold a pencil properly.

The kindergarten gives us a "portfolio" of his work throughout the year at the end of each academic year, but it is definitely too detailed for interviewers to read through, so I did not include any part of it in the profile submitted to the primary schools.

Quality counts, not quantity.  :)
原帖由 戀仔狂 於 10-9-13 16:17 發表

嘩, 原來間間kg都咁詳細架, 我諗最兜踎都係我家小孩o個間咯
你2個月就一set, 我一年得一set咋.......

36#
發表於 10-9-13 17:43 |顯示全部帖子
Look on the bright side - you don't need to worry too much about how to shrink the school reports for 2 years.
原帖由 戀仔狂 於 10-9-13 16:17 發表

嘩, 原來間間kg都咁詳細架, 我諗最兜踎都係我家小孩o個間咯
你2個月就一set, 我一年得一set咋.......

37#
發表於 10-9-14 14:48 |顯示全部帖子
聽講佢地今年第一次咁樣限頁數,如果一早o係網頁或申請需知講清楚,就唔駛家長咁頭痕。

你講o既係有d名校已經採用o既篇幅限制,不過男拔係名校,佢地想點家長都無得坳。
原帖由 **芳芳** 於 10-9-14 14:33 發表
我都只係將k2部份report印出來, 但個staff都要我補晒k1同k2d 成績表, 我答超過20幾紙wor, 佢話得嫁啦.......

其實出世紕, 身份證同學校成績表應該唔計, 附加補充資料就限5限紙先合道理. ...

38#
發表於 10-9-14 17:05 |顯示全部帖子
粗略估計,今年各大名校申請人數會較去年多10%左右。
原帖由 babykarlson 於 10-9-14 16:50 發表
我今日下午都交咗啦!!都成七,八十人
我3點幾走都重有媽咪趕嚟交Form,我application no.22xx!!今年都會好多人!

thomasha,Thx for yr help!!

39#
發表於 10-9-14 19:14 |顯示全部帖子
I must thank you for your time in responding to my message.   I am sure those who are tired of my comments would simply move on to read something else without leaving a message here.

Last but not least, if you don't know what to say, you really don't need to say anything.  No one is obligated to read or reply to any message.
原帖由 nofrills 於 10-9-14 17:52 發表

thomasha,

I really don't know what to say.

It has already been 6 pages and you're still rambling on and on and on. DBS must have really really hurt your feelings.

Let's look at the facts:
You ...

40#
發表於 10-9-14 19:25 |顯示全部帖子
BTW, thank you for trying to sum up what I have in mind.  While they are not particularly accurate, I do thank you for reading through all the messages in these 6 pages to write this nice summary.

If you find this thread offensive to you, please feel free to lodge a complaint to Geni or the webmaster.  I would be happy to receive his/her comments on it and I will abide by his/her decision whether it should be removed.  It would be more effective than asking me not to ramble on any more. :)

Cheers!
原帖由 nofrills 於 10-9-14 17:52 發表

thomasha,

I really don't know what to say.

It has already been 6 pages and you're still rambling on and on and on. DBS must have really really hurt your feelings.

Let's look at the facts:
You ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題