用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 德望學校 (幼稚園) English Teachers
查看: 5437|回覆: 28
go

English Teachers

發表於 10-9-12 08:01 |顯示全部帖子
I attended the seminar for P1 application yesterday and would like to share with K3 parents. I'm really impressed for what the teaching staff have done. They try very hard to assure us that their syllabus can match with the primary school. Not like those famous kinders, they make everything transparent and known to us. Here, I really like to give a big hand to their effort and ethusiasm.

However, I must say it's under my expectation on the English teachers. To me, NET would be excellent but if they aren't, I wouldn't mind at all so long as their english is fluent and of high standard. Sister Pauline and Principal have emphasized on English. If any parent who attended the seminar yesterday, you might feel the same with me that only one of the English teachers spoke fluent English but still seemed too young and inexperienced. The other two didn't speak so well. I wasn't sure if they were nervous or anything. Do correct me if any of you have spoken with them in person. My english standard is not very good but still, I really feel a bit dissapointed about it. For primary and secondary section, I know that they hire native speakers (most of them ABC, BBC) as Englsih teachers and their english standard is perfect. I hope kinder could get in line with primary and secondary.

Am I asking too much? Hope others tell me I'm wrong!

[ 本帖最後由 RosalindOrlando 於 10-9-12 08:05 編輯 ]

發表於 10-9-13 00:33 |顯示全部帖子
my girl is in K1 and I've only met one so called english teacher, honestly, I felt disappointed (a bit scared indeed) for her english accent when she said "good morning children"

don't want to comment so much but obviously  I need to find some more english classes for my girl.

發表於 10-9-13 00:34 |顯示全部帖子
THank you so much for sharing this with us!  My child is studying K1 in Deborah (Whampoa-main stream), but i would like to apply K2 of Good Hope for her in the coming year, because my child is not happy at all in the school and she feels very boring every day... (the syllabus is too simple for her)...
I will still apply Good Hope and hope they could improve on the areas that you pointed!!

Again, thanks!

發表於 10-9-13 23:48 |顯示全部帖子
Hi,

I did talk to an English teacher on 21Aug, I asked few question about language teaching in GH.  Even though she is not a foreigner, but I like her British accent so much.  

I know there is another 1 or 2 English teacher, did anyone talk to either 1 of them?

發表於 10-9-14 00:25 |顯示全部帖子
icbb,

Did you talk with the teacher who is very young and beautiful or the one who is very tall and broad?

The young one sounds NET.

發表於 10-9-14 17:50 |顯示全部帖子
Hi RosalindOrlando,

Very young one, not tall.  If she wears school uniform, no doubt that everybody can be cheated by her......haha

發表於 10-9-14 22:39 |顯示全部帖子
Yaah, that's the one who is very young and i suppose she is a native english speaking lady.

發表於 10-9-14 23:41 |顯示全部帖子
Hi R.

So, do u mean the other 2 are not native speaker?  Oh Nooooooooooo!

發表於 10-9-15 07:51 |顯示全部帖子
Well, at least to me, the other two don't sound like native speakers. But just like I've said, it really doesn't matter provided that they speak fluently with high standard of English.

發表於 10-9-15 16:47 |顯示全部帖子
Hi RosalindOrlando,

"speak fluently with high standard of English" - it's very subjective...........

I should go to school and talk to the other 2 one day.

原帖由 RosalindOrlando 於 10-9-15 07:51 發表
Well, at least to me, the other two don't sound like native speakers. But just like I've said, it really doesn't matter provided that they speak fluently with high standard of English.

發表於 10-9-16 14:41 |顯示全部帖子
Hi RosalindOrlando,

我完全同意你既講法,我覺得在場有個家長d英文仲好過其餘兩個老師.果兩個老師好明顯係香港人講英文,雖然不至於好差,但絕對唔可以算系好. 不過,我地想下,如果系香港本土人,去教幼稚園既,英文會有幾好??

我都有d失望,依家專科專教,竟然請兩個HK老師. 我都會替阿女係外面搵NET補下英文

share123

發表於 10-9-16 23:01 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 share123 於 10-9-16 14:41 發表
Hi RosalindOrlando,

我完全同意你既講法,我覺得在場有個家長d英文仲好過其餘兩個老師.果兩個老師好明顯係香港人講英文,雖然不至於好差,但絕對唔可以算系好. 不過,我地想下,如果系香港本土人,去教幼稚園既,英文會有 ...

另外兩位老師只係香港人定係起外國返黎既香港人? 開學果日小女班既英文老師, d英文真係嚇親人, 好想只係錯覺

frankly, I'm a local HK students but studied overseas for few years, I do think I speak better English than she does

發表於 10-9-16 23:27 |顯示全部帖子
it sounds scary, but is there anything that we can do??? or we can only accept this ><"  

原帖由 yoyokaka 於 10-9-16 23:01 發表

另外兩位老師只係香港人定係起外國返黎既香港人? 開學果日小女班既英文老師, d英文真係嚇親人, 好想只係錯覺

frankly, I'm a local HK students but studied overseas for few years, I do think I s ...

發表於 10-9-17 22:01 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 sin_928 於 10-9-16 23:27 發表
it sounds scary, but is there anything that we can do??? or we can only accept this >

I have made enquiry: The beautiful one is from Australia, while the other two teachers received their education in England. They  are all experienced-one taught in an international KG (as English class-teacher) and the other one was the English curriculum mistress of a famous kingdergarten.

I wonder if it is a wrong perception. I think we should have trust in the school.

發表於 10-9-18 07:39 |顯示全部帖子
英文講得好唔好, 好似唔應該以膚色/髮色, 邊度人士做衡量標準, 唔係幾公平.   好多鬼既英文無文法, 而且有好重既口音, 點解無人講既?

[ 本帖最後由 Monkey媽媽 於 10-9-18 07:57 編輯 ]
Monkey媽媽

發表於 10-9-18 08:13 |顯示全部帖子
Agreed with Monkey's mom. That's why I really don't mind if they are native or not. It's their standard and fluency which matters.

Thanks GHcat for your clarification. So, they might be having stage fright on stage on the other day. I'm sure if they have extensive experience in int'l kinders, they must speak fluent English and able to teach well too.

發表於 10-9-19 09:11 |顯示全部帖子
係唔係每週 4堂英文? 但我女女說,這個星期她只有2堂....

發表於 10-9-19 15:49 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 yee2005 於 10-9-19 09:11 發表
係唔係每週 4堂英文? 但我女女說,這個星期她只有2堂....mouth:" />

Miss Wingki說這星期英文老師個別和同學做assessment,可能沒有大組活動吧。

發表於 10-9-20 13:05 |顯示全部帖子
individual assessment for K1 or K2?

發表於 10-9-20 13:50 |顯示全部帖子
K2 & K3 先有assessment. 唔知係咪今個星期開始有英文堂呢.