搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 陳守仁, 嘉道理 等小學
發新帖
查看: 3616|回覆: 2
go

陳守仁, 嘉道理 等小學 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-9-27 13:52 |顯示全部帖子
Just like to fill you up with some background history of TSL. It's not just another "南亞子弟唸書的學校", as the previous school of TSL has long had a good academic tradition where students at primary school level would be taught Eng at secondary school level. So most of the studenst got into very good schools, like DGS, DBS, Wah Yan, Maryknoll, St Mary, etc. but since it was a ver small school (one 1 class in each grade), nobody really paid attention to it, until PLK takes over and expanded the scale of the school. However, many of the traditions from the previous school was kept and therefore the school is so successful now.

Btw, those 南亞子弟 studied in the previous school were mostly from wealthy families and many moved on to study in the US and Canada after primary school. So I suggest that we don't stereo type all the 南亞人士

2#
發表於 10-9-27 15:43 |顯示全部帖子
Indeed very few people knows about the school's history, which result in a lot of misunderstanding of the school. It's actually a school with a long history and tradition(must be over 40 yrs) ... not a new school that becomes famous all of a sudden. Most of the old students there went in by referrals  instead of open application given the very few no. of seats. But the quality and background of those students were the same with those you'd find in DBS, DGS, etc ... but of course I'm talking about some 15 yrs ago ... before PLK.

原帖由 mamimummy 於 10-9-27 14:22 發表
you really know much about TSL. There're not so much people know about her history nowaday and that's why I chose TSL 7 yrs. before for my daughter^^.

3#
發表於 10-9-27 16:37 |顯示全部帖子
You are right, not quite sure about the TSL students as I haven't met many, but most teachers there are good at communicating in Eng which I'm actually quite impressed!!

原帖由 IWAT 於 10-9-27 16:20 發表
TSL係好好彩.  由本來要殺校的...  現變成名校....

如果因英文關係報名的, 請留意, d學生同大部分老師的英文口音...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題