教育王國 討論區 誠徵老師 小心請補習老師
發新帖
查看: 4677|回覆: 0
go

小心請補習老師 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-10-17 10:38 |顯示全部帖子

The other side of the story

Re kokoman's comment, I wish to ask if the"teacher" she and her friend hired were good? In kokoman's case, of course it is dishonesty. However in her friend's case, if the "tutor" is good and her friend is at home all the time, what is the alarm! I used to work at a tutorial centre. They paid me $40 an hour but I have to look after 6 kids. It is impossible to provide personal attention. One of the kid obviously had learning difficulty but I was not allowed to raise this with her mother!! I have no idea the amount each of the parents paid the tuition
centre but I doubt it is that expensive. With 6 kids cramed into a small room, yet all the parents expect the kids' grade improve drastically!!!
I have been trying to provide tuition to 2 to 3 kids on my own within a group at my own home and still charging $40-$50 an hour. I have no rental payment but at least I can give personal attention to each of the kids. So far, no luck. In regard to primary students, is "genuine interests" to the kids not sufficient. Does "teacher" really have an advantage over an early retired professional like me.
Basically, I am an early retired professional lady who had graduated from UK many years ago. Many parents seem to think an early professional like me cannot contribute much!!! So much for the fuss.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題