用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖士提反書院附屬小學 四大天王: 東男拔, 西女拔, 南聖小, 北保羅 ...
發新帖
查看: 51125|回覆: 9
go

四大天王: 東男拔, 西女拔, 南聖小, 北保羅 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-10-29 20:57 |顯示全部帖子
When compared with other 3 schools, SSCPS gets less recognition from the public because not many people understand its merits. In fact, SSCPS is really popular among elite families. However, these kinds of parents are usually rather low-profile and don't say too much about the school. Therefore, I appreciated PhdJessisema's effort in introducing SSCPS here.

My kid is very happy in SSCPS and I am impressed by his progress in every aspect in the school. And, I would like to use this forum to express my gratitude for the efforts and the commitment of the teaching and non-teaching staff in SSCPS.

原帖由 PhdJessiema 於 10-10-29 02:25 發表
In town, there are real 四大天王 primary schools. They all share similar features and earned respectual recommendation from parents and the society. They are: SPCCPS, DBS, DGS and SSCP ...

2#
發表於 10-10-31 16:15 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you very much for the sharing!

原帖由 ssckid 於 10-10-30 22:29 發表
從論壇可得知不少家長都曾考慮應否為孩子報讀聖小,考慮的原因主要為以下數點:

由於學費不便宜,學校可能偏好家境富裕的孩子。事實是大部分的家長都是一般的中產家庭。家住南區海怡半島的很多,往該區的校巴也有好幾 ...

3#
發表於 10-11-4 18:48 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you for the sharing. I concur with your opinions.

Nowadays, tertiary education is already a basic requirement for better careers. People need to pursue post-graduate diplomas, master degrees, PhD... That is life-long learning. Don't push the kids too early, too much, too harsh and they will lose their motives for learning.

Hence, I wish my kid to enjoy his school life and has a good foundation for future study -- good language, good self-learning skills, curiosity/interests for knowledge, etc...

I don't doubt SSCPS's academic standards. In fact, I observed that many parents of SSCPS's students were winners themselves in Hong Kong's educational system. They should know pretty well how their kids can compete successfully in this "game" if they want to.

原帖由 PhdJessiema 於 10-11-4 16:38 發表
I think nowadays nearly all schools gave too much workloads on children, who need to face an adult's pressure. How can our kids have happy learning?

Can't imagine how's the future of Hk under this so ...

[ 本帖最後由 ssspwong 於 10-11-4 18:51 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 10-11-5 13:38 |顯示全部帖子
Agreed.
An old boy of SSC, a famous doctor, Dr. Tony Shu-kam MOK, had also said that his school life in SSC is one of the happiest and most momorable time for him.

原帖由 good-boy 於 10-11-5 09:56 發表
In old days, when we were young, the parents didn't care much about our school result.  They didn't know the time for quiz, dictation, test etc.  We still grow up.  Now, I can still recall and enjoy t ...

5#
發表於 10-11-7 15:37 |顯示全部帖子
From my primary level mathematics, my calculation of probability is very simple:

no. of places/no of applicants*100%

No need to classify them as boys or girls.

(^o^)

原帖由 ssckid 於 10-11-7 14:32 發表

我再諗深一層,應該是這樣:
如果你想將男女分開計算各自的機會率,應該是
50/1000 + 50/1000,假設2000申請者男女申請比例是1:1,結果為1%。不過這樣算法有問題,因為你的小孩祇能是男或女。所以正確的機會率應該是100/2000,即5 ...

6#
發表於 10-11-7 16:15 |顯示全部帖子
For your reference, from Headmistress' report 2009 (SSCPS website), the data are shown as follows:

Student Population 2009
Grades Boys Girls Total
One        50       49     99
Two        51       48     99
Three    53       46     99
Four      54       39     93
Five       59       39     98
Six        49       47     96
Total 316     268   584

原帖由 PhdJessiema 於 10-11-7 16:02 發表
SSCPS is very adhesive to balance of boys/girls. Each grade and each class tends to have 50%/50% boys/girls.

I told U which school has the most unbalanced ratio:

St. Francis has 70%boys and 30% girl ...

7#
發表於 10-11-9 08:08 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you for the sharing of opinions and information here.

As a parent of SSCPS' student, I myself is a fan of SSCPS. However, I should respect other people's choice. Everyone has his/her own set of criteria of "what a good school is". And there is always an endless argument.

I believe there is no such so called "the best" school, only the right one for our children. Right? Every parent just try to think about what are the utmost important features of schools for his/her child, collect appropriate information, and do the right match.

We need not do direct comparison among schools because it really hurts people's feelings.  Be a good role model for our children, try to have mutual respect here.

Wish you and the children all success ^^.

8#
發表於 10-11-9 15:39 |顯示全部帖子
After reading your postings in BK, I had got a lot of insights. I knew you are good-hearted. However, different people have different value-judgement. We just need to share what we have observed and let others have their own decision making.

Even for benchmarking purpose, different people have different pre-set criteria. It is normal. Because we have different experience, perception, expectation, constraints and concerns. Therefore, no need to argue which schools are superior and which ones are inferior.

And, direct comparison is rarely meaningful. I would suggest parents to understand their children' traits and abilities; and then match with a suitable school.

Good medicine for one may be poison for others.

原帖由 PhdJessiema 於 10-11-9 14:02 發表
Sometimes we need a very direct comparsion between schools. People coming here should be eager to know more information about different schools so that they can make the right choice as it would affec ...

9#
發表於 10-11-11 20:31 |顯示全部帖子
Or, I guess 版主 is doing a PhD research on Education. And, she should be quite young. Am I correct? ^o^

原帖由 fireworks 於 10-11-11 20:16 發表
版主寫的有部份我不太認同.  但 "DGS 攻略" 就非常同意. 並非笑死人.  全無關係入到主要是交代教統局 (因入讀者雖交他們過目.) 表示他們公平公正.  又或者入選者極為優秀.

如果真的想入 DGS 不妨看看內文.

題外話, ...

[ 本帖最後由 ssspwong 於 10-11-11 20:33 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 10-11-12 18:26 |顯示全部帖子
BK is a good platform for sharing information about education. However, we rarely know the background and the intention of the writers and the reliability of the contents.

I think most of the visitors here are very smart and realize that any discussions here do not represent the standpoints and the opinions of the schools themselves. Right?

SSCPS is a good school. At least as a parent of its student, I am very satisfied. But I would never say it is the best school of the town because different people have different aspirations and different weights for benchmarking.

From my observation, most of SSCPS' parents, students and staffs are humble and nice. And they know how to respect others.

[ 本帖最後由 ssspwong 於 10-11-12 18:35 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題