教育王國 討論區 國際學校 從本地小學轉讀國際學校?
發新帖
查看: 16323|回覆: 3
go

從本地小學轉讀國際學校? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-12-6 17:26 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 mattmame 於 10-12-6 00:22 發表
P3 啦, 覺得傳統實在太浪費時間了, 付出和收穫完全不成正比, 考試完了, 休息一星期, 又是新的戰鬥, 讀書, 很長遠的事, 為何大家都連笑的時間都沒有, 好趕好趕, 一星期有七日, 但有十幾科要溫, 學校又唔係好教, 不如 ...

如果能力負担得到,讀 IS全家都舒服好多,使乜同人一齊顛,用多D時間係功課以外陪住小朋友成長,唔駛剩係督住佢做完功課、温完書未、測驗考試幾多分等等。放假要真係放假,唔係要做幾十樣補充練習。
不過長遠來看要考慮小朋友嘅中文程度足唔足夠應付日後嘅需要,數學同英文寫作方需唔需要係外面幫補吓,同埋揀D啱日後升大學嘅學制去讀,總之要自己話事同安排。

2#
發表於 11-1-12 09:57 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 39# mattmame 的文章

Agree. It is not neccessary to let our children  go through  the LS education mode if U are ready to pay for the IS tuition since primary. However, kids taking IB would still need to compete with LS elite students if they decide to take the IB DP.

I guess that's one of the reasons why IS secondary is more demanding and some IS are giving scholarship to attract good stduents to join.

Anyway, why not choose YCIS for the primary as a  transistion while waiting for other IS for secondary. Their Chinese curriculum is good if U still want the children to acquire certain Chinese education before they go for IS in secondary.

3#
發表於 11-1-19 00:54 |顯示全部帖子

回復 48# nintendo 的帖子

My daughters transferred to RC after they completed their year 4 and year 2 in YC respectively . I don't think YC curriculum  is that poor. I beleive YC  put more resources in the  Chinese curriculum than other IS. There are good teachers there.

As a matter of fact, I still have 2 young ABC relatives studying year 2 and year 5 at YC since 2010.

I just don' t like YC administration and how they handle the debenture issue for their new secondary campus at that time. Besides, RC definitely has a better campus and is more presentable as an international school.

4#
發表於 11-1-28 09:00 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# lottieclee 的帖子

I know one  IS does not use text book and exercise book for Math in primary, only assign homework once a week and has a vague Math curriculum. Is that common  in other IS?

How do  parents track the progress of the kid in the subject, other than practice by  excercise books bought  from bookshop?

[ 本帖最後由 acdad 於 11-1-28 09:01 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題