搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 放棄 SPC 選 港同, 會有人支持我嗎?
樓主: jdepp
go

放棄 SPC 選 港同, 會有人支持我嗎? [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 10-12-6 18:35 |只看該作者
呢個Topic本身好容易令到少數SPCS家長同大多數SPN/SPK家長起晒"降"。其實幾頁裡面冇人話過SPCS唔好,只喺你哋自己驚被比下去而已。
我自己都喺SPN家長,但想法不一樣!如果樓主有更欣賞嘅學校,放棄A餐,食B餐,無可厚非。再講,個A餐都未食過,可以比第二個食(後補生),各得其所,有咩唔好呢?樓主亦唔需要覺得自己怪,上年放棄SPCS的人亦多的是。到收後補生時,後補生已各自有出路,唔要SPCS嘅學位亦有。

102#
發表於 10-12-6 21:25 |只看該作者
小孩子性格, 專長唔同, 家長心態亦各異, 兩間好學校揀一間, 無話對錯既。

我先前註冊咗 SPC, 今天放棄 St. Stephen's 註冊....................

103#
發表於 10-12-7 12:57 |只看該作者
我唔會支持放棄 spc

但入左港同, 又一定唔會後悔

因為大部份人作了選擇之後, 都能講出一大籮理由講出自己的選擇幾咁正確 .....

樓主, 選學校一讀10幾年, 最好同c6商糧啦.

我地只係上網 chat 下, 個個仔女性格資質背景唔同, 甲之熊掌, 乙之砒霜 .....

104#
發表於 10-12-8 13:48 |只看該作者
SPC同港同, 要比公開試成績的話, SPC一定羸幾條街, 無得比
好明顯樓主唔係唔知, 只係有其他CONCERN姐

Let me try to pull your leg a bit.  

Hmm.... I expect my kids to perform not as well as other famous school.  Yet this will be due to my thinking that exam drilling is not the best for my kids.  It is all about priority and give and take.

I have been thru this famous school process myself.  Students of these schools do well not because of the school.  They do well because they work hard themselves and NOT to rely on their school.

I can bet those that get As will get As without going to classes at all.

Been there.  Seen enough.

105#
發表於 10-12-8 13:56 |只看該作者
A bit of speculation -   
I talked to parents of higher grades and noted that HKUGA has fine-tuned their cirriculum and get tougher these years while the fun factor is still there.  
I assumed HKUGA secondary school will soon have results from public exams and there will be more fine tuning to do.
I expect HKUGA will not let students' grade be low (but not the top notch many As type).  There will be continuous fine tuning while my kids is still in P1 with 10+ year to go.
With this 10 years, as long as the "heart" is there, a better balance should be resulted.
Yes, I am gambling.  I am also choosing the better one among the evils based on my own scale.
Being a parent these days is tough... Kids, tougher....

[ 本帖最後由 easydad 於 10-12-8 14:07 編輯 ]

106#
發表於 10-12-8 14:00 |只看該作者
I will give up SPC , definitely for 港同:
1) religious reasons
2) co-edu..
3) life education advocate in 港同
4) teachers qualities, see their ways of presentation in their admission seminar and open day.. (comparing to sisters and teachers I know in st paul's conveent and other st paul's sister schools..)

107#
發表於 10-12-8 15:04 |只看該作者
hv u gone insane?????  Of course St. Paul Convent la!!!!!!

I'm afraid your daughter may blame you in the future if you did not choose SPC lor!

108#
發表於 10-12-8 15:05 |只看該作者
It's only St. Paul Convent, not St Paul's Co-ed (which is 100 times tougher).  Why so much worries when you have such a good offer?   Sigh............

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

109#
發表於 10-12-8 15:30 |只看該作者
我同你相反, 我黎自一間好唔掂既中學
我校老師教書, 一句講晒: 老油條式, 佢有佢講, 明唔明你既事, NOTES有30-40歲, 唔會UPDATE, 更唔會EXAM ORIENTED
F6時烏SIR SIR跟同學去補習(有封建唔長進既老師, 自然有ON居居既學生, 邊有咩人生計劃架), 補習老師係名官中舊生, 睇下人地D NOTES, 睇下自己學校D NOTES, 我地呆到連考試局MARKING SCHEME都未聽過(會考都考完喇), 補習老師隨手一堆堆拎黎用
佢D料, 咪又係官校老師俾既--就憑補習, 令我GEOG考得好好, 咁就入左U, 如果唔係當年傻傻下跟人補習, 我估我無可能入到U
我相信有INPUT至有OUTPUT, 小朋友係白紙一張, 你俾咩佢, 佢就吸收D咩, 學, 唔止ACADEMIC, 人生有好多野學, 但一定要遇到真心去教既老師, 呢個係我睇法
原帖由 easydad 於 10-12-8 01:48 PM 發表
SPC同港同, 要比公開試成績的話, SPC一定羸幾條街, 無得比
好明顯樓主唔係唔知, 只係有其他CONCERN姐

Let me try to pull your leg a bit.  

Hmm.... I expect my kids to perform n ...

醒目開學勳章

110#
發表於 10-12-8 15:34 |只看該作者
如果說放棄St. Paul Convent,囡囡長大會怪責自己的話
也同時可能出現相同的話在你放棄HKUGA後
每一個小朋友都是獨一無二的
有小朋友好強,就算成績最初差過人,會追回來
有小朋友怕羞,不喜歡表達,不喜歡引人注目
有小朋友自信,主動
有小朋友是每事問
有小朋友喜歡思考
有小朋友喜歡安靜
我們是否要將同一個模蓋在不同的小朋友身上?
如果單是怕小朋友長大說..那請不要替她們選擇
因怕未來的結果是不可知的

原帖由 wlmom 於 10-12-8 15:04 發表
hv u gone insane?????  Of course St. Paul Convent la!!!!!!

I'm afraid your daughter may blame you in the future if you did not choose SPC lor!

111#
發表於 10-12-8 15:37 |只看該作者

回復 107# wlmom 的帖子

i think it's really depend on the kid's personality.  if she is active, no point to push her to those traditional school.  I think it will be the other way around if you give up HKUPG and just go with the so called "brand name" traditional school. My niece is in SPC and her personality is very active.  For the last 4 years, she hates the school teachers and the curriculum and this year, she transfer to Victoria.  But her sister loves the school as she is a bookworm.

112#
發表於 10-12-8 15:48 |只看該作者

回復 109# Charlotte_mom 的帖子

"學, 唔止ACADEMIC, 人生有好多野學, 但一定要遇到真心去教既老師" i totally agreed with you Charlotte_mom,  this is something I truly got that from HKUGP.  Also, the conducts and moral groomings of the kids from HKUGP, I would say, so much better than those traditional brand name ones. What's the point of having good academic achievements but poor moral standards.

113#
發表於 10-12-8 16:08 |只看該作者
Charlotte_Mom,

What you said is very true.  For this same reason, I did not even apply for some of the so-call top schools in HK.

If one's value is right, the route will not be too wrong.  If one's value is twisted, the route maybe smooth but hard to tell where it ends up.  

114#
發表於 10-12-8 17:50 |只看該作者
It's about school culture, nowadays,  its difficult to find a school that uphold the educational philosophy to go for the best interest of kids. Instead, how to keep the school prestige, how to maintain the school's "tradition" - which can be outdated..how to get in "top ranking" at the expenses of kid's long term development....
With these underlying agenda, they want "top students", they want the students to achieve "excellence" and "perfect" in their overall performance....

115#
發表於 10-12-10 02:49 |只看該作者
我支持你呀!!:) 我 女唔係SPK學生,她是在KV畢業的.都是傳統KG (考試,功課都多).上年 ACCEPT  OFFER  :  GH / SFA /HKUGA/ ........今年是HKUGA  P 1學生.每日返學都好開心 ^_^,學校的PTH教得很好,我女的PTH進步得很快,好好笑成日朗讀 上年決定學校時,我女同我哋講一定要讀HKUGA ,其實學校對學生的全人發展好好,有好多機會比學生試,之前完了一個"校園追 擊"學生自已去訪問老帥,校長,校務.對學生來講是一個自信訓練

116#
發表於 10-12-10 10:18 |只看該作者
One of the factors you have to consider is that the turnover of 港同 teachers and even the principals are so frequent that I wonder there may be some difficulties or problems in its internal management or even the finance.

This school is too new.  You should do more research before you make your final decision, e.g. their public exam results. You may also visit both schools and take a look at their students after school.   See how they behave.

I would like to suggest that you may ask your kid which school she prefers but do not use it as a major criteria.  It's dangerous to let a 5 year old child to decide her future.

Also don't only concentrate on the characteristic of your child in picking a school.  Children change when they grow up.  A good school can give your child an all-rounded education and build up a good personality.

I am not saying that  港同 is not a good school.  Actually I don't know this school much.  I just would like to share my experience and point out some factors. My kid is not studying in either school.

For me, I will pick SPC.

醒目開學勳章

117#
發表於 10-12-10 12:40 |只看該作者
選擇那一所,其實都沒有關係,但引用資料時,請務必了解資料的來源,不清楚卻加上"可能是管理/財務問題"
其實選擇什麼學校是沒有關係的,但我只知道,如果我沒有去深入了解的學校,我絕不會寫下這樣的推測
我沒有去了解DBS,YW因我的是囡囡,我也不會在這2所學校的BK說什麼.
可以說老師/校長流失,可以引用視學報告.每一樣事都必須有根有據
當然,也可以說個人觀感,像我,很多朋友對我說為何不申請GH,
GH是好學校,但不知為何,我個人對她就是不會申請
如此而已.

原帖由 Png 於 10-12-10 10:18 發表
One of the factors you have to consider is that the turnover of 港同 teachers and even the principals are so frequent that I wonder there may be some difficulties or problems in its internal managemen ...

118#
發表於 10-12-10 12:50 |只看該作者

回復 1# ziyi 的帖子

119#
發表於 10-12-10 13:09 |只看該作者
Don't worry.  I just point out a factor that I awared of and ask the parents to do more research before making a final decision.  It's not a guess or imagination from me. That's it.  

原帖由 ziyi 於 10-12-10 12:40 發表
選擇那一所,其實都沒有關係,但引用資料時,請務必了解資料的來源,不清楚卻加上"可能是管理/財務問題"
其實選擇什麼學校是沒有關係的,但我只知道,如果我沒有去深入了解的學校,我絕不會寫下這樣的推測
我沒有去了解DBS, ...

醒目開學勳章

120#
發表於 10-12-10 13:23 |只看該作者
I'm not worry, why I need worry?
If point out the from year 2002 to now, 3 principal, that is true
If point out the teacher changing in frequent in year 2006, that true, because the EBD report also point it out
But, "I wonder there may be some difficulties or problems in its internal management or even the finance."
If the people not thinking or study by thereselves, how is outcome.
Just like you now.
Please point it out the true statement without the guess, can you?

原帖由 Png 於 10-12-10 13:09 發表
Don't worry.  I just point out a factor that I awared of and ask the parents to do more research before making a final decision.  It's not a guess or imagination from me. That's it.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題