搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 RHS玫瑰崗, Victoria(Kornhill) and KCS蘇浙
發新帖
查看: 10082|回覆: 6
go

RHS玫瑰崗, Victoria(Kornhill) and KCS蘇浙 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-12-12 21:18 |顯示全部帖子
Me too, my girl is accepted by RHS, St Clare and we went to KCS interview on Sat too.

Victoria is good but toooo expensive as this kindergarten doesn't accept voucher and the environment is too small. No outdoor playground. Not sure if the money is worth.

Both RHS & KCS accept voucher so I can save some $$ for my girl to join other classes like art or dancing and etc. She love it so much.

I like RHS as the same reasons as yours but not too sure about the quality of their Primary section. Anyone can comment?

KCS on the other hand, very strong PTH and I heard this school has ENG lesson everyday by NET (hopefully other KCS parents can confirm on this). KCS primary is definitely good but might be a bit too pressure (lots of homework - again hopefully KCS parents can confirm on this)

I won't worry too much about Cantonese as my girl will definitely pick it up as she is growing up in HK.

2#
發表於 10-12-13 09:29 |顯示全部帖子
The length of ENG exposure increase from K1 to K3. Refer discussion below.

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2261095&extra=page%3D1

3#
發表於 10-12-13 10:28 |顯示全部帖子

回復 8# Jiyee 的帖子

Hi Jiyee,

Which IS are you teaching if you don't mind to share? I wish to put my girl to int'l school but can't afford in long run. So prefer to save $$ now then hopefully can send her o/s during high school or uni

Actually my girl attending N class in RHS now and I like the environment that's why I put her there. She is enjoying taking school bus, maybe she likes to watch the scenery along the way. Make sure your kid like it too then it won't be a problem.

For your info: school bus pick up student from Kornhill at 7.50am (maybe a bit too early) and drop off at 12.30pm

While in my stop, the school bus arrive 8.15am and drop off at 12.45pm. Perfect for me because my girl can take a bit of nap on the way back.

4#
發表於 10-12-13 14:52 |顯示全部帖子

回復 10# Jiyee 的帖子

No worry.

I am not too sure about RHS primary, that's why I am considering to put my girl to other kinder. To be honest, my preference is either KCS or maybe Sacred Heart if get accepted.

Keep my finger cross

5#
發表於 10-12-14 12:46 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 14# fefemom 的文章

Sorry I am new to this so I don't know what and how to chk pm

Would love to share ideas with all of you too.

[ 本帖最後由 DoReMi2008 於 10-12-14 14:21 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 10-12-16 10:00 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Jiyee,
Could you pls share more about the IB education and what doyou think of the local curriculum?
From my observation, kids studying in RHS will mainly communicate in Cantonese with their peers, however, KCS will surely fluent in PTH (no Cantonese at all). Depending what is your requirement. My girl learned a lots of PTH songs from school but also picked up lots of Cantonese along the way. RHS will have extra activities (come with fees if you want to join) for students on Sat while KCS doesn't have much on these.

7#
發表於 10-12-17 10:09 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 27# Jiyee 的文章

Thanks a lots Jiyee
‹ 上一主題|下一主題