發新帖
查看: 18749|回覆: 2
go

蘇浙小學 vs 真道書院 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-2-13 23:31 |顯示全部帖子
I think it narrows to 2 aspects:

1) What types of parents are you?
if you want to know what exactly what your child has learned in school, then KCS.  If you believe in the child will sooner or later discover their own talent and potential then 真道.

2) Your child character:
  if your child are those who like to be measured or set a standard or path where he could follow and strike for a better point or mark then KCS.  If he does not like to be compare or have pressure when being put into competition then 真道.

KCS is traditional - it has its own merits and disadvantages.  But most of the criticism of this school is traditional (nothing wrong with this) and lack of sports but 中學派拉is good.  But for 真道, a more US approach, no standard to follow but a lot of the students are quite happy there.  The only problem is you must have strong belief in the school as you wouldn't really know what has been taught in the school and how much that your child has learnt

2#
發表於 11-2-21 03:00 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 stseng 於 11-2-20 23:33 發表
Dear all

I have attended the open class (English and Chinese) at LOGOS last Thursday.  It was very impressive.  
First, you can tell that the teachers had spent a lot of efforts on preparing the teac ...

Hi stseng

To answer your KCS queries - This school is indeed a very traditional school - in the 1st year, you will expected to have test and exam - 3 tests and 3 exam every year + small test interval almost every alternate week.  Mostly drill on Maths and Chinese.

My view on the Traditional school and school like Logos is as follows:

1) Depends on if you have time for your children - for example your child is given on a topic on the flight theory.  If you are a full time mum, you might be able to go the library to search for more info for your children then your child might be able to get more benefit or maybe you might be able to discover his interest.  In this way this actually is a plus and might learn faster.  This is actually a comment form a parent  from Logos.   

Traditional school gives you a measurement to understand how well your child is.  Nothing bad with this - at least you know in relative term how much your child has learnt and give them more support when it is not too late.  

So I have choosen traditional type for my child base on
- I do not have time to do homework together or to help her with lots of projects.
- I want to build her a solid foundation.  This 6  years are just primary, child needs to have a attitude to learning and solid vocab and knowledge in order to expand further knowledge.  At least there is a route they know they can follow.
- your child character , as said some like to be measured in order to fight better.
- need to build some of the skill that a 活動教學 has that a traditional schools do not have.

But some parents are right - nowadays there are not much schools which really traditional.  Traditional schools will  adapt some active learning teaching methods in order to meet the need of the children.

I think you can re-vist the comments given by the parents and this will give you more thoughts.

Hopes it helps

3#
發表於 11-2-23 08:47 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 stseng 於 11-2-23 00:03 發表
After attending the open classes last Thursday, it did shed some light on Logos and I have the following thoughts:

1.  activity-based learning does not equate mere having fun at class but learn nothi ...

Hi stseng

Good analysis.  Every road lead to Roman.   There is no such thing as a SURE WIN education system or learning path.  Parents choose the best for their kids.  I think as long as you have a clear understanding with the school system, the method and cope well with you kid then go for it.  Especially after you have attend the open class, you will have a better understanding on the school Parents in the forum would like to share and help but the final decision still lies in your hand.

Still a couple of months away.  still have some times to have a thorough thinking
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖