go

QBS vs RC, which one is better? Pls help ~ [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-2-12 17:25 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
QBS vs RC, which one is better? Pls help ~
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-2-13 13:49 |只看該作者
I would choose QBS because stutdents would be directly to KGV after primary which has longer historical record.

3#
發表於 11-2-13 18:46 |只看該作者
ESF secondary also based on catchment zone to arrange school.

4#
發表於 11-2-14 08:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 bbtigger 於 11-2-12 17:25 發表
QBS vs RC, which one is better? Pls help ~

邊間好學校,個個有唔同睇法
我唔知你要求係乜,唔可以同你決定

其實,考得 qbs,你都係住港島
單以 "地點" 這一個因素
似付 qbs 唔駛搭咁耐車

5#
發表於 11-2-14 16:20 |只看該作者
Agree Nintendo point of view....don't know why someone got offer from both QBS and RC...does it mean duplicate application or enrollment???? Appliation should be processed centralizedly by ESF...am I correct?

6#
發表於 11-2-14 16:52 |只看該作者
原帖由 soft88 於 11-2-14 16:20 發表
Agree Nintendo point of view....don't know why someone got offer from both QBS and RC...does it mean duplicate application or enrollment???? Appliation should be processed centralizedly by ESF...am I  ...

Everybody can apply Central Application and then
RC and DC.
That means you may have 3 offers at the same time.

7#
發表於 11-2-14 17:20 |只看該作者
still not understand..but doesn't matter.....good

8#
發表於 11-2-14 18:02 |只看該作者
soft88, ESF has 2 private independent schools (PIS), they're RC and DC. when u apply, u can choose one ESF school (depend on your catchman zone) and apply for both PISs, then if u have the luck, all 3 schools may invite u for an interview, if all success, then u may have 3 offers at the same time.

[ 本帖最後由 蜜蜜 於 11-2-14 18:04 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 11-2-14 19:03 |只看該作者

回覆 8# 蜜蜜 的文章

yes, this is correct.

10#
發表於 11-2-14 19:07 |只看該作者
I clarify that i have made mistake.  QBS students should be allocated to one of the 3 island school after primary school instead of KGV.

11#
發表於 11-2-14 21:08 |只看該作者

回覆 10# KWOKS 的文章

yup, or may be if u move to kln side which is in KGV's catchman zone. normally QBS students will go to south island school.

12#
發表於 11-2-15 11:35 |只看該作者
蜜 蜜.....Thank you..but.why need to apply other private independent school....??? my case....I just send one application to ESF and they offer the school interview..of course the school must be close to your house.....

That why..I not understand why need to apply more than one schools and they all under ESF....

Thank you very much

13#
發表於 11-2-15 23:41 |只看該作者
原帖由 soft88 於 11-2-15 11:35 發表
蜜 蜜.....Thank you..but.why need to apply other private independent school....??? my case....I just send one application to ESF and they offer the school interview..of course the school must be close ...

Thanks for all your advice!

U know, it's really difficult to choose. Other than the location, You have to consider the curriculum, ESF is not a through train IB school. And also the comments from the parents of the existing students about the school practices, ... Etc. Anyway, location is very important too!

@soft88, we applied more than one school since not every application may have a chance of interview. Besides, it's not guarantee that your kid may pass all the interviews. So, you should have back up plan.

14#
發表於 11-2-16 09:56 |只看該作者
hi, i think it's hard to tell which school is better, my girl is studying in QBS, we like the school very much.  However, I  think if you want better chinese, then you should choose RC, I have seem once their grade 2 chinese reading report , it's quite impressive. ( of course, parents work is one of the important factor), if you are looking for a more diversity environment, then , maybe QBS.

15#
發表於 11-2-16 12:08 |只看該作者
原帖由 KELSEYLI 於 11-2-16 09:56 發表
hi, i think it's hard to tell which school is better, my girl is studying in QBS, we like the school very much.  However, I  think if you want better chinese, then you should choose RC, I have seem on ...

Hi Kelseyli,

Glad to know someone is from QBS!  I've a friend whose daughter is studying in RC, she said they'll have 2 assessment reports together with the parent-teacher conference each year, so that they'll know what's happening at school and what their child's learning.  However, another friend of mine whose daughter is studying in KJS, they don't have any assessment report nor parent-teacher conference.  So, I would like to know the practice of QBS on this.

Regarding the Chinese, how many Chinese lesson will they have in a week?

16#
發表於 11-2-16 12:56 |只看該作者
Chinese Class in QBS ..5 days in a week  .

17#
發表於 11-2-16 12:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 soft88 於 11-2-16 12:56 發表
Chinese Class in QBS ..5 days in a week  .file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/User/桌面/001

Thanks soft88  :)

18#
發表於 11-2-16 21:41 |只看該作者
hi, bbtigger,
first, i think every esf school is difference, the practice in QBS might be quite different to other esf school.  we  do have parents conference in Nov and  end of year (sorry , my girl is still in grade1, so i  had 1 meeting only) and two reports. The 1st report is quite different to the usual,  not like how's the reading abilitiy/math skill/writing skill....,   the 1 st report itself is to focus on how much your kid understand the PYP topic  and how can he express himself,( if you want i can pm you some of the detail). but i don't know about the year end report since my girl is still grade 1. In additional, the academic demand is different from other esf school too, they have reading, writing and spelling everyday. They have 4 chinese lessons pre week for grade 1 and 5 lessons pre week from grade 2, but the chinese standard is quite simple. Parents needed to work very hard to keep up the chinese standard. Other than that, I liked the school very much, the teachers are caring but strict , academic level is not bad( just in my opinion) and the peers are kind and behave well. My girl  became more open-minded and learned different culture as well....

[ 本帖最後由 KELSEYLI 於 11-2-16 22:36 編輯 ]

19#
發表於 11-2-17 12:13 |只看該作者
Agree ..KELSEYLI point of view.

My comment is QBS = Happy School (Kids always feeling happy..)

20#
發表於 11-2-17 13:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 KELSEYLI 於 11-2-16 21:41 發表
hi, bbtigger,
first, i think every esf school is difference, the practice in QBS might be quite different to other esf school.  we  do have parents conference in Nov and  end of year (sorry , my girl  ...

Thanks Kelseyli and all other parents for your information!  I've already confirmed my acceptance with QBS this morning.  Yeah, he'll be wearing QBS uniform next year!!  And I know that many of friends of my son will go to QBS next year too, just wish he'll be happy about it!

Thanks again for all the comments and information from you and also otherj parents!  You're really helpful ~

Cheers!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題