用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St. Cat., HY, SH, True Light (Tai Hang), how do you ...
查看: 7061|回覆: 37
go

St. Cat., HY, SH, True Light (Tai Hang), how do you choose? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-3-12 02:43 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
We live in TKO.  My gal gets offers from these 4 kindergartens.  TL & SH get higher rate to its primary.  HY is nearer in location.  ST. Cat. Is good in English and co-Ed.  It is hard to make the decision.  Could Anyone give suggestion? Which one is better in terms of academic and moral education.  For TL, SH and HY, which one is better in Primary and Secondary?  Thank you!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-3-12 09:41 |只看該作者
St. Cat   
原帖由 Lovelychinchin 於 11-3-12 02:43 發表
We live in TKO.  My gal gets offers from these 4 kindergartens.  TL & SH get higher rate to its primary.  HY is nearer in location.  ST. Cat. Is good in English and co-Ed.  It is hard to make the deci ...

3#
發表於 11-3-12 23:46 |只看該作者
Why do you think st. Cat. Is better?

4#
發表於 11-3-13 00:04 |只看該作者
I will choose HY.

On the other hand, I would give up St Cat since the school fee is very expensive and you need to face the high competition when you interview P1

5#
發表於 11-3-13 00:52 |只看該作者
Thank you woman.  My concern on HY is that percentage of going to P.1 from K.3 is low.  Heard that only approx 10 K3 students can go to primary thru door-knocking! It is not save for P.1.  comparatively, SH has greater chance to go to SH primary and secondary.  In fact, I like HY primary and secondary.  Yet, from other threads, it seems that many BK's parents also have very good comment on SH.  Do you know in terms of kindergarten, primary and secondary, HY or SH is better.  Is it worths to take risk to try the limited chance to HY primary?

6#
發表於 11-3-13 00:53 |只看該作者
Sorry woman, a typo on your name!

7#
發表於 11-3-13 00:54 |只看該作者
It should be wiman.

8#
發表於 11-3-13 23:35 |只看該作者
Wa, you got a very smart girl.
SH - do you mean Sacred Heart?

I would choose between SH and HY. If there is a slight chance that you will move to Hong Kong Island (the commute for a kindergarten kid, or even a primary 1-3 kid, is really far otherwise), then I would choose SH. If not possible at all, then HY la.

HY is of course excellent, good atmosphere, good campus, and good especially if you consider your location. But for presitage, I would think SH has more famous graduates than HY.

9#
發表於 11-3-13 23:39 |只看該作者
I forget: St Cat of course is very good in terms of their structure and transparency. But I think SH and HY are good enough for me to "give up playing the p1 game" (sort of, although I know that these kinders are not through train to their respective primary school). The p1 "game" is too stressful, and studying at SH and HY does not lose your comeptitiveness if you later do the p1 admission process in other schools either.

10#
發表於 11-3-14 10:17 |只看該作者
I knew many parents here appreciated SH's kinder, but if u asked me its primary and secondary school, I can only say there is a large gap among students esp secondary school. Also the pressure of primary life is much high and parents also like to compete with their kids. I don't know whether HY is like this or not. But if I recommend, I would prefer HY. Do u register last Sat?

醒目開學勳章

11#
發表於 11-3-14 10:40 |只看該作者
Just like to supplement some information for other parents' reference.

The existence of gap among students do exist in SHCS (pm section) as it is a gov't aided school.  This will happen in any gov't aided schools since students are admitted thru lucky draw.  So variations should exist and this is the headache for any of them.

The gap in SHCC is by intention.  Since 90% of their seats (that is 200 places) are for own primary school students only, so they will also accept some band 2 students of their own.  This is how the variations were created.  Please note this 90% is different from other feeder school system where the 85% rule applied.  For reference, the 85% should actually be approximately 70% x 85% (i.e. 60%).  It is because the first 30% are for discretionary place where students from all regions can apply.  For SHCC's case, since they reserved even the first 30% for their own students, this is how they can reserve 90% for own students.

Concerning the pressure is high in primary and parents like to compete with the children, I guess this is very personal and subjective so I wouldn't comment on that.  However, if this is in fact true, then I guess the above mentioned wouldn't be valid since if the pressure is so high and the children would compete so seriously, then the variation on academic level wouldn't exist.

原帖由 wiman 於 11-3-14 10:17 發表
I knew many parents here appreciated SH's kinder, but if u asked me its primary and secondary school, I can only say there is a large gap among students esp secondary school. Also the pressure of prim ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-3-14 10:43 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 11-3-16 21:56 |只看該作者

回覆 3# Lovelychinchin 的文章

I would say my girl is lucky enough to get admission from these kindergartens.  Yes, HY and SH are my preferences and I am struggling between HY and SH.  Actually, I think HY is more suitable for her as my girl is an active girl.  My concern is that chance for HY kinder to
primaryis one of my concern.

13#
發表於 11-3-16 22:06 |只看該作者
I mean chance for HY kinder to primary is low.  Heard that it only have around 10 door knocking chance!  Comparatively, chance of SH is much higher. Yet, location to me is a problem if I go for SH.  I also afraid that SH is traditional and may not suitable for my girl.  Ian, could you share if SH is kind of traditional and demanding Kinder or not?

14#
發表於 11-3-16 22:19 |只看該作者

回覆 10# wiman 的文章

Wiman, yes I registered last Sat.  Is your kid also accepted by HY?

醒目開學勳章

15#
發表於 11-3-16 22:31 |只看該作者
I was going to keep quiet but since you asked me specifically, then I must give my feedback!  

I would suggest you to do one thing: Try to visit these two kindergartens during class releases (or all four if you have the time!) and observe the children (and parents).  I think this may give you the idea of whether the kindergarten will fit your daughter.  I do think I have said too much already so may be it is better that you take a look for yourself.  Honestly, everyone have different standard so one who view something as traditional the other one may consider the same as too active!

A personal note, many children in SHCK are quite active (some are very active ).  For girls in Heep Yunn who I have met, they are rather quiet.  But I only know two girls studying there so that may not be representative.  On the other hand, there are few home assignment to do in SHCK but no ones will ever push you to finish them all or must be in high quality unless it is from your own children.  The teachers are quite relax on this perspective, and so are many parents.

However, I think it is a fact that pressure in Heep Yunn will be greater since as you are aware that only the top 10 students would have the opportunity to knock door.  

原帖由 Lovelychinchin 於 11-3-16 22:06 發表
I mean chance for HY kinder to primary is low.  Heard that it only have around 10 door knocking chance!  Comparatively, chance of SH is much higher. Yet, location to me is a problem if I go for SH.  I ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-3-16 22:33 編輯 ]

16#
發表於 11-3-16 22:36 |只看該作者
Ian, you are really an expert of SH.  Under your observation, do you think SH is not suitable for active girl?  What do you think the academic level of HY and SH in terms of primary and secondary?  HY or SH have higher academic level?

17#
發表於 11-3-16 22:45 |只看該作者
Ian, You really response quickly.  While I am typing, you have already answered my first question.  So, in fact SH is suitable to active girl as well and they are happy girl.  I want my girl to be independent happy girl and want to choose a kindergarten and even primary and secondary school to her.

18#
發表於 11-3-16 22:48 |只看該作者
Yes, visit these kindergartens during class releases and observe the children and parents is a good ideas to get the answer

醒目開學勳章

19#
發表於 11-3-16 23:02 |只看該作者
I am not just expert of SH, the reason I know so much is because I went through an extensive research since late 2008 on all the girls' schools (mostly Catholic) from kindergarten to secondary level before I make a decision for my daughters to help them find the suitable school for them.  And the research is still on-going as I need to continuous assess any latest changes in Hong Kong.

Concerning the academic level, I believe the two are very close.  Based on data that I have, SHCSPS should have more band 1.  This is very natural since it is private school and can provide more advance curriculum (this is one of the reasons for the existence of private primary schools in Hong Kong).  So it is a bit unfair to compare to HYPS.  I believe it will be comparable to SHCS (gov't aided section).  At the end, gov't aided schools have difficulty to keep everyone in high standard since many of them are offered thru lucky draw.

Concerning secondary, it may be even harder to compare.  I would say Heep Yunn has the edge on ECA like sports, music and debates which they are traditionally strong.  Academically SHCC may be slightly better in average but the two should be very close and sometimes Heep Yunn may be better!  Just like SHCC is also doing better in sports nowadays so the two are quit a close comparison really.

原帖由 Lovelychinchin 於 11-3-16 22:36 發表
Ian, you are really an expert of SH.  Under your observation, do you think SH is not suitable for active girl?  What do you think the academic level of HY and SH in terms of primary and secondary?  HY ...

20#
發表於 11-3-16 23:56 |只看該作者
Thanks a lot, Ian!  You are really a good father.  Why do you focus on catholic? Are you catholic or you think that catholic school can train up children be more self-discipline?  for HY, do you think its primary will change to DSS soon as it's secondary will change to DSS next year.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題