樓主: wiman
go

德望 vs聖保祿:那間學業成績較出色 [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

21#
發表於 11-3-21 13:13 |只看該作者
純屬個人意見: 討論時若能持開放態度, 才能更開放視野.

原帖由 happymami 於 11-3-21 12:48 發表
其實,  GH 唔係差既, 只不過而家攞佢同 ST Paul 比較, 真係無得比咁解姐.
如 GH 同一般學校黎講, 可以說 GH 是地區名校, 但如果用黎同 全港名校黎講....實在差好遠...不過而家只係 幼稚園, 我相信兩間幼稚園差唔多, ...

22#
發表於 11-3-21 14:07 |只看該作者
Got some good point !

In the area of SPORT (i.e. swimming, track & field, etc.), GH always wins in either the 1st, 2nd or 3rd place amongst all other secondary students (girls) in HK.  You know, DGS and HY are their major competitors.

GH has only 60 years of history, not too bad for a 'middle age'  when comparing with those over 100 years old  

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-3-21 13:13 發表
純屬個人意見: 討論時若能持開放態度, 才能更開放視野.

23#
發表於 11-3-21 14:41 |只看該作者

回覆 3# iantsang 的文章

Thank you Ian.  I really agreed your points.

另外, 我想加一點個人感受.  ghs一間學由幼稚園至中學, 幼稚園培養閱讀興趣, 快樂唱遊, 唱遊中學認字, 常識和品德. 小學重學術. 中學是有關注學術成績, 但也十分重視愛心, 感恩, 社會責任等, 學術不是唯一重點.  所以, ghs畢業生不是太喜歡"鬥", 沒有太多女強人出現.

睇spc也一樣不是要出女強人, 重成績, 也重品格. 若兩校真要比較, 地區也影響了收生, 銅鑼灣樓價總比東九龍高吧!

[ 本帖最後由 easybring 於 11-3-21 14:45 編輯 ]
~easybring~

24#
發表於 11-3-21 15:00 |只看該作者
Since >90% GH primary sudden go to secondary, some of the students academically should not be band 1. You can't imagine >90% GH primary students are band 1 right?
And some of the top students may leave due to reasons as mentioned by Ian. So overall the GH secondary result may not be great.
However, GH music/sports achievement are certainly better than SPC. They are comparable to DGS in these non academic aspect.

Thanks Ian for your analysis.

25#
發表於 11-3-21 23:59 |只看該作者
甘spc primary係有幾%學生可以上返中學呢?有無人知呀?

26#
發表於 11-3-22 01:08 |只看該作者
我朋友係名小學英文老師,佢個女幼稚園時讀SPK,但佢都幫個女報GH小學,我都覺得奇怪,問過佢,佢話GH嘅英文深過SPC.後來佢個女考到ST PAUL CO-EDU,DGS,GH,最後佢揀左DGS.
我本人都好鍾意SPK,覺得佢無論學術,校風及辦學經驗都好好,而且我好鍾意佢套校服,但唔收我個女.依家女女讀緊GH KG,再同多D層面嘅人士傾過,得知原來GH 嘅小學係真係好得嫁,不過成日都會有批學生中途插班去更叻嘅/同質素但免費的學校DGS,ST PAUL CO-EDU,MARYKNOLL,ST MARY.
到升中時係最多人走左去同質素嘅津校,ST MARY 同協恩嘅中學成績有部分係靠自行收生嘅學生提升的,因為佢地小學時係用中文教的,而GH小學的數學同常識係英文的,個底打好左到中學時都較易掌握.
一位協恩舊生朋友說中學時GH轉過去的學生D英文好過佢地大部分協小升上去的.
當然,我相信每間學校都有好叻嘅學生啦.我覺得只要讀到其中一間名校而學生成績可以保持中等都已經好好,我覺得品德係最重要的.我唔想個女剩係讀書叻但係黑人憎呀!如果一個人犯眾憎,讀書好叻/生得好靚/有好多錢,生活都唔會好過.

[ 本帖最後由 fcatherinehk 於 11-3-22 01:27 編輯 ]

27#
發表於 11-3-22 10:53 |只看該作者
http://www.ghs.edu.hk/plans_reports/Annual_School_report_09-10.pdf

Referring to the good hope 2009/2010 annual report, you can see the entering university rate on page 9.  What a disappointed!  the university entering rate drop from 81.7% in 2008 to 39% in 2009.  The HKU entering rate drop from 18.5% in 2008 to 2.9% in 2009.   Although I think there is not relationship in kindgarten.  But this reflect the operation looks having some problem.

I don't know why many people have such query to ask GH or St Paul is better.  It is because I always think St Paul. is much better than GH..

醒目開學勳章

28#
發表於 11-3-22 11:21 |只看該作者
Just a friendly reminder:

Please kindly keep the discussions relevant to the subject mentioned kindergartens.

For discussions on secondary schools, please kindly share your information on the secondary section, thanks for the co-operation.

版主 Ian

29#
發表於 11-3-22 12:21 |只看該作者
yes .. the same set of data has been discussed in threads related to ghs primary and KG for many times....

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-3-22 11:21 發表
Just a friendly reminder:

Please kindly keep the discussions relevant to the subject mentioned kindergartens.

For discussions on secondary schools, please kindly share your information on the second ...

30#
發表於 11-3-22 13:42 |只看該作者
Yes, 100% agreed.

It also reflects most of the parents' mindset in Hong Kong, including myself.

To rate the degree of 'fame' of a school, people usually look at her history, i.e. the longer the history, the more famous it is.  The more famous it is, people will be more eager to get it.  The more candidates there are, the school will have more choices to grap all the 'top guns' in the areas (i.e. academic, sport, music,) where the school are interested.  As a result, the school become more famous, famous and wealthy.  However, the process does not only take a few years, it might take over a decade to build.

It is just like a circle, that might explain why  DGS, SPCC are more welcome by parents.

However, when i am starting the school hunting for my child, I have changed my mindset somehow.  There are more important factors other than 'fame' of a school to my child's education.  The all-round education and moral education (to me, it is the most important factor) is what I am looking for.

Back to my primary/secondary days, I lived in Hong Kong side, I knew only about SPC, Marymount, but not any schools in Kowloon side.  But now, I am more open-minded to look for the good/bad sides of the schools  I am interested.

Both SPC and GH are good schools, and we are comparing 'apple to apple'.  I will then choose the one closer to home.  Long travelling time really makes the child suffer.

On the other hand, if I live in Kowloon side, to choose between GH and St. Mary (one-dragon), I will then go for St. Mary as it does not need tuition fee.  

Yes, I am one of the middle-class in Hong Kong  .:

原帖由 fcatherinehk 於 11-3-22 01:08 發表
我朋友係名小學英文老師,佢個女幼稚園時讀SPK,但佢都幫個女報GH小學,我都覺得奇怪,問過佢,佢話GH嘅英文深過SPC.後來佢個女考到ST PAUL CO-EDU,DGS,GH,最後佢揀左DGS.
我本人都好鍾意SPK,覺得佢無論學術,校風及辦學經 ...

31#
發表於 11-3-22 17:41 |只看該作者
其實我都覺得有小小奇怪, 如果真係好既學校, 學生和家長都唔會輕易轉校架, 始終小朋友一路讀上去係有自己同學(由其是係女仔, 她們與同學間既感情會好好架痳), 應該會對學校有強烈既歸屬感先岩架, 點解會因為要交學費而去轉校呢, 我覺得佢地由第一日選擇入入讀就知道要交學費架啦, 無理由為左唔使交學費, 而要小朋友重新去適應新學校/朋友/課程......是否還有其他原因呢!!! 還是真係要入去讀過才知道學校是否適合家長/學生.....

32#
發表於 11-3-22 18:12 |只看該作者
要再睇多幾年, 家長們有沒有幫囡囡轉中學.  其實, 少了協恩津中一個選擇.

另外, 我大膽猜猜, 2009 form 7 畢業那批學生是2002年入form 1, 當時全球經濟不穩定, 可能家長轉向"官津"意欲比較高.  2003(SARS)-2004 收生也不會太好, 即2010-2011畢業的也未必有大進步.

近年, 經濟好轉而且考band 1官津也不易, 大家hold了ghs直資中學offer 也不能等round 1, so 我估呢幾年入小學的家長意願是直升中學部, 唔敢搏.  而這一批家長是願意付出1x年的學費的.  但, 也有部份家長安排海外升中.  再看多幾年吧!

原帖由 happymami 於 11-3-22 17:41 發表
其實我都覺得有小小奇怪, 如果真係好既學校, 學生和家長都唔會輕易轉校架, 始終小朋友一路讀上去係有自己同學(由其是係女仔, 她們與同學間既感情會好好架痳), 應該會對學校有強烈既歸屬感先岩架, 點解會因為要交學費 ...

[ 本帖最後由 easybring 於 11-3-23 11:59 編輯 ]
~easybring~

33#
發表於 11-3-22 18:20 |只看該作者
如果係好既學校.....我真係唔太讚成同小朋友轉校....除非無小學/中學啦.....有時想下小朋友由幼稚園讀到上中學十幾年在同一校園, 大部份同學都係老友, 真係好開心架 .......我唔知其他媽咪係咪咁諗, 比係我, 搵到間好學校我一定咁輕易放棄羅....

醒目開學勳章

34#
發表於 11-3-22 18:34 |只看該作者
The following assumptions must be true and consistent throughout the 15 years of study in the same school.

(1) The parents/ family financial status are stable and sound;
(2) The family do not move;
(3) There are no other siblings in other schools;
(4) The personality/ characteristics of the girls do not change;
etc....

there are plenty of things around the environment that will change which affect a family's decision.  It takes more courage to leave a school than staying in a school.  At the end, there are just 15% of primary schools are either one-dragon or feeder schools to their own secondary school.  So, I assume changing school is the dominated fact, and mainly contributed by the "wonderful" S1 allocation method designed by the EDB.  Try to collect more information on this perspective will certainly help on understanding how disastrous an environment has been created by such policy.

Particularly on (4), it is very dangerous for parents to make such assumption that the girls SHOULD BE staying on the same school throughout.  Although personally I have such preference too if it may, but I will never force my daughters to stay in the same school if I discover that there will be other schools which will be more suitable for their development.

So, I would suggest rather than questioning whether a school that is good or not, there is a more worth considering question of whether the same school is suitable for the children.  Because if parents don't make such assessment, then it will become an unfortunate experience for the kids' childhood.

Just for the record, I am not a GH parent and didn't apply for both kindergartens under this topic for my daughter this year.  However, I do suggest parents to be considerate for the feelings of the current parents of these schools during discussions.

35#
發表於 11-3-22 18:44 |只看該作者
For your ref, 各校的辦學宗旨.

CCKG
Christian setting - develop values, skills, competencies of life long learners while nurturing students in a supportive, stimulating environment.

DGJS
致力提供全人教育,以民主博愛精神發揚基督教義及中國傳統文化。並鼓勵學生發揮潛能,達學術最高成就,從基督教義及品德教育中,學生可培養認知及分析能力,建立社交及溝通技巧,冀能成為充滿自信及富責任感之公民。

DGS
本校秉持追求卓越的辦學理念,冀在現今活躍多變的教育環境中成為高效能教學的楷模,使學生們充分發揮潛能,並樂於以終身學習為目標;而教師們亦能盡展所長,激勵年青一代打破成規,延續卓越表現。

GHS(kg)
致力提供全人教育。

GHS(Primary)
以信、愛、望、喜悅及感恩為本,致力培育學生發展個人潛能與獨特性。

GHS(Secondary)
本校秉承基督精神辦學,尤其強調愛心、希望、喜悅和感恩。我們為同學提供均等機會,培養她們的靈、智、德、情、體、群、美七育。我們肩負起栽培一群溫文爾雅、慎思明辨的年青人的使命,讓她們放眼世界,從而作出貢獻。

SPN
從愛與被愛、欣賞自己、欣賞別人、彼此分享、彼此接納的互動中,讓兒童健康、快樂、充實地依其特質作全人發展。

SPK
培養幼兒德智體群美靈均衡發展。

SPC(Primary)
以基督精神之價值觀為本,為學生提供美好的教與學氣氛,達致幫助學生全面發展其智能及品德的成長。

SPC(Secondary)
以基督之價值觀,提供卓越的全人教育,使學生具有仁愛、良知、自信、勇毅、創新、能幹及負責任之美德,提升生活素質,對家庭、職業及社會作出貢獻。
~easybring~

36#
發表於 11-3-22 20:24 |只看該作者
I agree with Ian.

I really think SPC is better than GH, but I don't think the difference is that great to be 差幾班,唔同級。

如果小女有幸入讀GH primary, 又發下夢她名列前茅(Ian 唔好嬲我借個forum 發夢),我絕對會俾小女去interview 插班HY/St Mary 等津校。就算負擔得到,我不是富豪,想儲多點$,有間有質素的津校收,我會飛撲去。

GH kg 收了小女,我很感恩,但未必會讀。因為我不會太計較那間famous 或high grade, 我要的是最適合孩子和自己家庭的一間。入了不high grade 的又怎樣?誰說入了最high grade 的就最上等?只要小女在純樸environment 中長大,academic中上就ok。

贊同大家make comments時可以持平一點。

37#
發表於 11-3-23 10:18 |只看該作者
Siden, you said you will give up GHK, which school will your daughter choose finally?

38#
發表於 11-3-23 11:46 |只看該作者
兩間都是好學校。

最重要系選定一間,盡快放番另一間 d 位俾 waiting list 上的小朋友。

39#
發表於 11-3-23 12:11 |只看該作者
Yes.  I agreed with you.  讀邊間無咩所謂.  睇下邊間同你的緣份厚, 讀得"舒服".  可能比較認識某一間學校的家長/員工多, 又會喜歡那間也不定.  找高年班家長問問, 也不能信片面之詞, 自己分析下.  教育理念, 家庭經濟, 地點....有太多原因, 不能用計算機去找那一間最好, 沒有排名的.  

原帖由 siden 於 11-3-22 20:24 發表
I agree with Ian.

I really think SPC is better than GH, but I don't think the difference is that great to be 差幾班,唔同級。

如果小女有幸入讀GH primary, 又發下夢她名列前茅(Ian 唔好嬲我借個forum 發夢), ...
~easybring~

40#
發表於 11-3-23 15:04 |只看該作者
WIMAN,

你囡囡甘SMART, IN 10 間,10 間都收, 基本上讀邊間都不會有問題...不如你問下囡囡喜歡哪一間吧!

我覺得ST PAUL 的確是名氣大一點, 成績好一點, 學費平一點, 交通方便一點的....不過GH成績都唔差, 好似上年會考都有OVER 80% 學生有14分或以上的, 只是A LEVEL 考得唔係甘好, 可能預科學費貴,多人走啦.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題