發表於 11-6-24 17:10 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
   2    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-6-24 17:29 |只看該作者
但不是去新校舍

3#
發表於 11-6-28 12:27 |只看該作者
Frankly speaking, as an existing SC parent, I also find their latest arrangement about "pushing" a lot of the small-b K1 applicants to waitlist, and then give them Pre-N offer.... and in such a rush manner.... very.... $$ oriented. (how can they give you this offer on June 27 and need you to reply by June 30, as posted in other passages???)

This seems like the best way they can make $ using a great excuse! Think about it.... making extra $58,000 a year from each PN student. A much better way to make $ than increasing tuition!

Sorry, I have always think SC is a good school in terms of structure, transparency. However, this new campus' arrangement makes me feel that it is more and more becoming like another school .... York (York opens their pre-n these two years, relatively new).

Although it has nothing to do with me, I am disappointed at how SC arrange it, not thinking from the parents' perspectives, and thinking only from their side.

I know that as the founder Mrs C.L.Chan is retiring, a lot of things have been handing over to her daughter. But I heard from teachers that her daughter is very "strict" in a lot of ways and 無人情味, unlike her mom. (this description is from 3 different teachers I talked to, it is their words, not mine). In the past I didn't understand what they meant since I am not an employee, right?

Now, this year, from the way the new campus is arranged, causing parents to make difficult decisions, I now understand why these teachers say so.

Another ridiculous thing: when parents ask them "why open a new school in Hung Hom?", the teachers' official answer is, "there are too many siblings on the waitlist. So, to cater the needs of the siblings, we decide to open a new campus at Hung Hom". To me, I found this reason rather ... absurd. They want to make me feel like they do this for charity!! Should the parents thank them for opening a new campus (and the current parents do not receive official notice about this; they only hear from other parents who have younger siblings, and then found out from the school's website).

Sorry... I am just disappointed at the way the school handles this.

4#
發表於 11-6-28 12:46 |只看該作者

回復 3# newmommy 的帖子

Christina退休!?
唔怪之得啦

5#
發表於 11-6-28 14:32 |只看該作者
that's what I heard from the teachers. A lot of day to day admin has been handed over to her daughter. Mrs Chan is just a figure head and attend the most important ceremonies only.

wah, you are very familiar with Mrs Chan, can call her "Christina"??

6#
發表於 11-6-28 15:15 |只看該作者
No, I never meet her.  I just know her name is Christina from their website.

7#
發表於 11-6-28 16:43 |只看該作者
仲諗住幫細B(年尾B)2012K1
,係咪唔駛諗K1?PN先有機?
,我又諗住比佢做超細B!

原帖由 newmommy 於 11-6-28 12:27 發表
Frankly speaking, as an existing SC parent, I also find their latest arrangement about "pushing" a lot of the small-b K1 applicants to waitlist, and then give them Pre-N offer.... and in such a rush m ...

8#
發表於 11-6-28 18:32 |只看該作者

回復 3# newmommy 的帖子

很贊同你說的,SC這次開新校舍的做法,真的讓人感覺很糟糕,學校想的只是能夠趕快收夠學生,拿一大筆學費回來補番建新校的支出。
從很多方面來看,SC都沒有做到足夠的安排,就急著收生,看得出來學校根本沒有在乎對孩子的影響。

從收到SC的電話知道候補成功的開心,到現在只是覺得很失望。

9#
發表於 11-6-28 18:45 |只看該作者
So, if kids got accepted by SC's PN class, can they switch to Kln Tong Campus for K1 or they can only stay at the new campus for K1 to K3?

10#
發表於 11-6-28 18:50 |只看該作者
The mangement of the St. cat might think that even if they open campuses in every district, they can still recuit enough students as there are over 8000 applicants every year.

Moreover, due to the increaseing number of the birth rate in the coming years, open a new campus is a right decision as it is a profit making business.

So poor!

11#
發表於 11-6-28 18:56 |只看該作者

回復 1# rabbithung 的帖子

Well, education has become a commerical deal nowadays.  Competition among kids is a factor, also competition among schools of capturing the best students is also another cause.  Somehow, we as parents are part of the contributors to this situation....

12#
發表於 11-6-28 22:42 |只看該作者
I agree... $ making is the trend; I don't mind they open more branches; Learning Habitat, Victoria, all have branches.

However, the way things carried out by the management, in such a rush manner, causing so many uncertainties for parents, pushing some small-B to PN, and no school bus as I read from other posts... these are things that they could avoid!

btw, I look at the website again about from PN to K1 in Hung Hom:
"After completing this year (they mean PN), the children will be promoted to our Nursery (they mean K1) Class at Harbour Place."

So, my gut feeling is that their intention is to have all the PN to stay in Hung Hom for K1. Unsure if they would let you transfer to Kowloon Tong in K1!

13#
發表於 11-6-28 23:16 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

14#
發表於 11-6-28 23:23 |只看該作者
after reading the posts, I have some questions :

1. in future, would all PN & K1 students study in hung hom whilst K2-3 then in Kln Tong ?

2. would those PN students be directly promoted to K1 ?

3. however, the existing intake of K1 in Kln Tong is around 600. but it is believed that the PN / K1 intake of hung hom campus should be far less than 600. So, would the school still open K1 places in Kln Tong ?

4. if that is true in above (3) (i.e. K1 in both Kln Tong and Hung Hom), any factors to consider the student intake (e.g. interview performance, big / small bb, family background, etc) ??

* really have so much queries, how can we make the decision to take this PN, given the school fee is such high ???

15#
發表於 11-6-29 23:16 |只看該作者
To me, the most disappointing is that they only accept my kids, charging me $48K / year but has ZERO arrangement on the transportation.    It seems to me that everything was in rush and do not have complete planning before accepting new children.

I could not find easily any nanny bus to help me sending my kids from/to school.

As such,  finally I decided to give up the offer.

16#
發表於 11-6-29 23:39 |只看該作者
請問係咪當初揀英粵班先會收到 hunghom 新校的信?

17#
發表於 11-6-30 11:14 |只看該作者
Seems like from the thread, even those choosing E/P class may possibly receive the E/C offer (PN or K1) in Hung Hom.

And to another mum: I think the school has not decided whether all the PN children from Hung Hom would directly / only go to Hung Hom K1. I think they would only see how many people have signed up for the PN now before they decide. They are in such rush, so, possibly not even think so much!

But I think overall, interview performance is above all else.

I believe from earlier thread (the one that a mum has nicely posted pictures of the renovation progress), some mums were guessing that in the future all K1 must be in Hung Hom, and K2 and K3 in Kowloon Tong. But you know, that is purely a guess only!

I am personally just feel disappointed that the headmistress' daughter has made such a mess!:;pppp:

18#
發表於 11-6-30 11:23 |只看該作者
I have the following questions

(1) Anybody concern the quality of teacher at HM campus   
I heard the existing teacher (eps Net) will not to go to HM campus.  

(2) Any school bus for PN ?

19#
發表於 11-7-1 00:13 |只看該作者

回復 18# hosuper 的帖子

有關校車,佢打電話黎offer時,講明無校車安排。

20#
發表於 11-7-1 16:02 |只看該作者

回復 15# ah-ho 的帖子

me too. I decided to give up SC since they can't provide the school bus and I couldn't find nanny bus to HH either.

我對SC還沒有安排好校車,就急著收錢收學生這種行為非常的不諒解。

沒有校車的安排,很多家長為了讓小朋友去讀SC而到處找保母車,找不到的結果只好想其他辦法,例如搭的士、揾一D無保母車牌的車來接送,其實這樣是非常危險的。如果今日有小朋友因為如此,在返學途中發生意外,SC這種只顧賺錢而無考慮過小朋友安全的學校絕對要負上良心責任。

縱然名校的吸引力很大,作為一個理智的家長,我唔會讓自己的寶貝去冒這種險。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題