教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Marymount 瑪利曼
發新帖
樓主: mmhchung
go

Marymount 瑪利曼 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-11-28 12:44 |顯示全部帖子

回復 8# ukodelechan 的帖子

It is true that MPS 's English standard is high, but their HKCEE exams in terms of scoring A grades are pretty low.

Its Blue blood name, which to me only equates to pupils from the Rich Circle, and this situation more or less is for the past, given a high proportion of candidates are from the allocation system.

2#
發表於 11-11-28 23:24 |顯示全部帖子

回復 2# season_sincere 的帖子

Very simple, MPS did not produce a single 10A students for the past ten years. If your conclusion is  drawn mainly based on Stanley's Ho daughter was studying there, then there is nothing too much I can say.

But as I said before the School's  English standard is really high

3#
發表於 11-11-28 23:33 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 4# leeleelumlum 的文章

Perhaps u hear me wrong, I never say MPS is not good and their students are not presentable. But its academic record can not be compared to SPPC, DGS, QC, St Joseph, etc or put it in another way, it is more like a hybrid of Local and international school.

4#
發表於 11-11-28 23:48 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# smsss 的帖子

If you are a parent of MSS, I think you should already know they dun have too many 6A students also, and the alumni are only some Singers ( please do a wikipedia search and do a comparison on DGS, SPPC, St .Joseph, QC, etc )

5#
發表於 11-11-29 00:23 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# hophopbunny 的帖子

Agreed, and I think MPS or MSS is particularly suitable for parents who intend to send their daughters to study abroad.

And more importantly, I think at end of the day, it is the own effort of the student that really matters, a good school only provides a better environment, and a red-blooded student can not become a blue-blooded student by attending a blue-blooded school.  So when choosing a school for the kid , it is like choosing a wife , we should pick the one which is most appropriate to us, rather than  blindly go for the most pretty and richest woman

6#
發表於 11-11-29 04:01 |顯示全部帖子

回復 2# season_sincere 的帖子

Very simple, MPS did not produce a single 10A students for the past ten years. If your conclusion is  drawn mainly based on Stanley's Ho daughter was studying there, then there is nothing too much I can say.

But as I said before the School's  English standard is really high

7#
發表於 11-11-29 11:50 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# whl3868 的帖子

As I said b4, MSS or MPS is no doubt a very good school, or put it in another way, they dun train their students like exam machine.

In fact, I did some research on MSS, ans suprisingly, its ranking is very underated compared to its name.
Perhaps , your all supporters need to reclaim it from the Statistic providers.

Please us google search to type "香港中學排名" and u try to click from 2001 to 2010 one by one, its ranking is as low as 70th sthg in 2005.

In fact , my daughter nearly went into MPS this year, but at the end we chose SFA, but thank god in the dying second on 30th August, she managed to get into our all time 1st choice, that is why I have a little bit knowledge about MPS.

8#
發表於 11-11-29 14:10 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# smsss 的帖子

I think apart from 2010, its ranking is very low, particularly from 2005 to 2008.

And pls see this statistics as below , which is purly using Scoring A  as the only criteria to rank,
http://www.milliondollar.com.hk/bestschool.html

9#
發表於 11-11-29 14:14 |顯示全部帖子

回復 3# whl3868 的帖子

But u mean no students from DGS, DBS , SPPC etc will leave the school from F3 to F5 to study aboard????

10#
發表於 11-11-29 14:16 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# VincentL 的帖子

Anyhow, it ia a good school and its English standard is no doubt in the 1st tier.

11#
發表於 11-11-29 15:18 |顯示全部帖子

回復 11# traeh 的帖子

Agreed, so the trend is the DSS will get stronger and stronger

12#
發表於 11-11-29 15:35 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# hophopbunny 的帖子

So u all mean the fact that DGS , SPPC , La Salle and DBS, consistenly on the top 10 are all fake from the statistic?

Please be confident, if you kid is smart, no matter which school they study, they can score good results, if they are not hard working, they will fail even though they are from DBS or La Salle.

13#
發表於 11-11-29 20:38 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# leeleelumlum 的帖子

No la, I only said their academic standard is not as good as DGS, SPPC, etc.  It is quite surprising, it is put on the same rank as those schools in the forum,  this again could send misleading information to parents who target heavily on academic achievement.

14#
發表於 11-11-29 22:03 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# whl3868 的文章

No, in fact I was very confused at that point in the time, because I know SFA is really really exam oriented, and I really hope my daughter to have a memorable childhood and i wish I could have a balance between Mary mount and SFA.  And it is  true that I asked 10 out of ten mothers advised me to go for Marymount. But at the end , I chose SFA, because I am staying in the Kowloon side, and it is really tiring for my daughter to spend 2 and half hrs traveling everyday. So I would consider my case as really exceptional.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題